• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Reference non-standard data in tooltips

Level 11
I would like to have item tooltips reference their cost. I was hoping that doing something like <I001,goldcost> would do this for me, but it does not seem so. The value is printed as 0. Is there a way to reference this field in the tooltip?

Level 12
I use the base units for shops from neutral passive marketplace or goblin merchant. I then give them, Shop Sharing, Shop Purchase Item and Select hero abilities.

Second phase is to put the items in the object editor to the Items Made list instead of items sold. This will result in showing the gold cost of the item next to the tooltip.

Level 11
Let me clarify a little. I want the actual numerical value of the cost to be referable in tooltips. My use case is for item recipes. I'd like to be able to do something like
Code:
Requires:
- Sobi Mask (<I001,goldcost>)
- Mantle of Intelligence (<I002,goldcost>)
- Pendant of Mana (<I004,goldcost>)
as the tooltip for the recipe item. And have line items like - Sobi Mask (300) in game.

Level 12
There must be a way to get the cost, since it can get the cost and show it in game. Unfortunately I don't see any function to get the goldcost for the item. I guess if you dont have need for custom values you can use them as the value to show item price.

So instead of getting goldcost you could get the custom value that is equal to the price.