• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] derr building, need fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i have a unit set up that acts as an entangled gold mine. stores the units as an entangled gold mine would and mines correctly; everything about it works the way it should with the exception i get an error on screen about the unit not able to use an entangled gold mine, but they totally can and do despite the message.

how do i fix it so i dont get that message anymore? ive tried setting it to gold mine ability instead of entangled gold mine ability but that causes a crash.

Level 3
didnt want to be offensive

it means retarded, i didnt want to offend anyone so said derr, my game doesnt let me take screenshots for some reason or at the very least refuses to save them to my HDD as a .tga or otherwise; and the test map is the one im still currently working on as i dont want to re-edit object data for a blank map to re-create the problem. if you really need to see it as such ill make it but it was abit of a pain the first time

Level 12
just send me the real map via PM, i won't do anything to your map, just want to know the details of the problem and i will make the screenshot so everyone can know too.

EDIT :
Wait! i think i know what your problem, i will post a screenshot soon.

EDIT 2 : Screenshot added, is that what you problem was ?

if yes, then i think you might need to create that unit based of Tree of Life.

Attachments

• Gold Mine.jpg
    Gold Mine.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 134
Level 3
wasnt worried

i wasnt worried youd steal it, half of it isnt terrained and the triggers still need tweaking.... besides it getting posted on here for people to test since my friends suck so it getting spread around like the flu would be awesome

Level 3
well since what i just tried

i tried setting them as night elf units and now its telling me its already entangled so heres the map in its complex unfinished glory

when i say unfinished i truly mean unfinished to the most exact definition, play as the predator species and take it from there, theres triggers in there that are indepth so please tell me what changes you make to fix it instead of re-sending the map and saying its fixed.

id greatly appreciate it if you could fix the issue so i can change them back to undead cause the icon looks better instead of a tree, just doesnt fit with the predator race in general

Attachments

• AVP Hostilitys.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 73
Level 12
hmm, i couldn't find a good way to fix this, many people had faced this problem and they seem to get different way of fixing, which didn't work when i tried it.

i would recommend you to remove the message "That gold mine is already entangled) from the game interface to only space (space i mean the real space on keyboard), but the error sound will still be there. you can remove the sound though but it will requires too much work since you need to trigger other errors to play the error sound.

another way would be to modify the real wisp to be your worker, that way it will only change the appearance NOT the whole attributes. i don't know if it would work or not, but trying is not that bad.

off-topic : your map looks cool :D

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Entangled Gold Mine isn't the same as Gold Mine ability. EGMA misses the limit of gold inside the mine while the GMA has the limit of gold that a worker can take.

I'd say you need to see about the "Load Wisp" and "Load (Entangled Gold Mine)" and "Unload All" ability hence that is what makes the gold mine unique. You can load only wisps inside and you can select sound, capacity and range for the units that enter or leave it.

The crash is most likely because of something related to loading/unloading the units and you changing the gold's mine ability. See if you have your permitted type of units that can enter the gold mine.

Also, do you start with the entangled gold mine or entangle one in-game? If you start with an entangled, you want to add "Gold Mine ability" to that unit, because that is what determines the limit of gold the unit has before it was entangled.

Level 3
ill take a look at the things youve mentioned but its a building that holds units that mine, the units go in and they work and they unload properly blah blah, its just giving an error message that doesnt apply, T V has been helping alot on this issue, if you want to see exactly DL the map above

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Then this might be your problem. You said "but its a building that holds units that mine, the units go in and they work and they unload properly"

A night elf entangled mine doesn't mean that workers load, mine and unload. Night elf uses wisps that are stuck inside the mine until it's gold is depleted or the mine is destroyed. If you are using human miners inside an entangled mine, that could crash cuz its not meant to be like that.

If that ain't it, then rework what I mentioned you might find a solution.

Level 3
I'd recommend downloading the map and following the post I left for two venomous in regards for seeing the problem. I appriciate your help but you don't seem to be listening to what the issue is or maybe I'm wording it incorrectly; regardless the mine works perfectly it houses units the way I desire, it harvests the way I desire and unloads the way I desire. The issue is that an error message in game in the yellow text (the same as if you build somewhere you can't but in reference to the mine) displays that is not relevant as everything functions properly. I am wanting to fix the error without going into the game interface and deleting the message entirely as I believe its interfeering with the AI I'm setting up for it.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I see. Well, I'll d/l the map, see what I can come up with.

I am not listening on purpose, because users are generally lazy when they come across a problem and the easiest thing is "here is my map, please fix it.." I don't support people who are in problem and want an easy way out by doing nothing.

Many times its not that complicated to solve problems, its just your experience of the problem that seems complicated. Almost in any case, you just need some new pair of eyes to see it from a different angle, and you understand yourself what is the problem.

EDIT:

I downloaded the map, played it, messed around with it. I can't seem to find a worker to try the load/unload. I build the Androids, but you probably gave them locust or blank model and I don't see them. And I was impatient to wait for the drop, so I just exit and messed around with the units.

To clarify: I didn't get any error message ingame. This was before the first drop, I selected the Firebat hero (who's spells are illogical and very wrongly placed) but that's in development phase I guess so nevermind. I upgraded few stuff. When you are building something or upgrading the items that are supposed to be given to the base, are thrown on the side. You should fix that with either manually giving gold and showing a floating text or checking if the base is building/upgrading something so you can stop it while that finishes.

Level 3
use the predator species at selection, you went with human

EDIT: i dont see anything wrong with the unit spells with the exception of the sniper as he doesnt have any yet, mind clarifying?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.