• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Demons of Sin (Discussing story and game design)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Regarding the different terrains, I had an idea where they would change if you redeemed the sin to its virtue. For example, if Sloth is at the bottom of an empty mine, then turning him would fill the mine with workers ("Hi-ho" minesong optional), Greed goes from rotting, wasted food to healthy, non-excessive production, etc.

Sin/virtue skills: good idea, maybe you could have sin skills be more damaging (direct-damage, DPS, enemy-affecting auras) while virtue skills are more focused on healing and helping others (self-heal, defense, defensive auras), and are strengthened when the commits acts of sin/virtue.

Level 8
Regarding the different terrains, I had an idea where they would change if you redeemed the sin to its virtue. For example, if Sloth is at the bottom of an empty mine, then turning him would fill the mine with workers ("Hi-ho" minesong optional), Greed goes from rotting, wasted food to healthy, non-excessive production, etc.

I am not sure if I will leave the player able to redeem the demons. I was thinking of just leaving them dead, since the other way, it will seem like things are getting better step by step. This is not my intention for the mood, though. But it is a possibility that I will keep in mind as I go on.

Sin/virtue skills: good idea, maybe you could have sin skills be more damaging (direct-damage, DPS, enemy-affecting auras) while virtue skills are more focused on healing and helping others (self-heal, defense, defensive auras), and are strengthened when the commits acts of sin/virtue.

I believe there should be some aspect to the two types of abilities that will stand out. How exactly I am not sure. I have not yet been looking at ideas for Hero abilities tbh.
Maybe the points should increase the effectiveness of the two types of class skills. Like Sin Skills will deal more damage with each point in Sin and Virtue Skills will be more efficient in stun and recovery.
I could make it possible for the player to mix the points in both virtue and sin and then make a full item set, only wearable if you have an increased amount in either. Like Sin Armor and Virtue Armor set.
By this I will leave all abilities achievable, but since you may lack some points to increase their efficiency, some may be quite useless according to the way you choose to build your character.

Level 8
I have expanded the thread with a bunch of new stuff:
- Enemies
- Hero Skills
- Music
- Maps

I will keep updating it as I develop new content.

Any of you have any thoughts on this so far, which you would like to share? :)

Level 11
My demons, are somehow, different. Currently, my demons are:
1) Adhramak the Ironhide. This demon loves bathing in blood till it has to constantly hunt down helpless souls for it. The iron in the blood has covered its body to form a thick iron skin, giving it its name Ironhide Demon.
Feeds on: Blood

2) Sk'lahar the Bone Dancer. A female demon who feeds off the marrows. The bones will be used for her bone magic and voodoo dance. Sinister and sly, Sk'lahar often dwells in her lair while sending skeletal minions to hunt her prey.
Feeds on: Marrow

3) Khar. The most ordinary demon powered by Orb. His life essence is stored in the Orb and thus having remote tremendous regenerative properties even when he is hurt. If the Orb approaches an intended target, it will erupt in great damage, attempting to kill the target. If the target is killed, its life will be added into the Orb, else Khar would be mortally wounded until the next cycle.
Feeds on: Life

4) Assunjal. This demon cannot talk. Extremely hostile, it guards the Inner Sanctum of Hell. It burns victims alive but never takes their souls, making it one of the most sadistic demon ever.
Feeds on: Pain

5) Baellarum the Exiled. Once the most powerful demon, now he is imprisoned by his own deeds. Baellarum is the only demon that can enter the Spiritual Realm and back. Baellarum desires power and any victim who boasts courage will meet their immediate demise
Feeds on: Spirits

6) Sunji'rak the Lifebender. Sunji'rak revives fallen victims and twists them into his own making. Sunji'rak has a parasitic relationship with Sk'lahar where he will pick of bone fragments from Sk'lahar. Unfortunately, Sunji'rak often picks the complete ones as his lair is nearer to the external realm.
Feeds on: Souls

Feel free to download the game from [Role Playing Game] - Kalak'a'hui - Phase 1 Version 3 Released [12 Feb 2018]

Level 23
Your ideas are great, but maybe I can give some friendly advice. Assuming you are new to the world editor, the ideas you describe seem impossible. I have been using the world editor for 8 months now, and all i can do i copy paste stuff from the blizzard standard campaign into my own and alter it. Just looking at your list of skills "might block an attack", "might land multiple attacks", and almost all of your other ideas for the gameplay seem extremely hard to achieve. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but making 1 or 2 gameplay maps first will really help you in your planning. Of course doing so will mean you need to backtrack and replace stuff and maybe even change everything, but by making 1-2 game play maps, it will show you what you are capable of. This is not meant to deter you, just that you could spend a huge amount of time planning, but then realize that none of it is applicable during the early stage of learning the world editor. Good luck with your project!

Level 8
My demons, are somehow, different. Currently, my demons are:

Those sound real nice, however they sound like actual bosses, is that true?
Mine are just some rough draws of what common enemy minions will be like.
I have not yet fully established my bosses (the sin demons).

But I like your ideas. I will try out your campaign for sure, and give some feedback if it is in your interest. :)

Your ideas are great, but maybe I can give some friendly advice. Assuming you are new to the world editor, the ideas you describe seem impossible. I have been using the world editor for 8 months now, and all i can do i copy paste stuff from the blizzard standard campaign into my own and alter it. Just looking at your list of skills "might block an attack", "might land multiple attacks", and almost all of your other ideas for the gameplay seem extremely hard to achieve. I know it sounds counter intuitive, but making 1 or 2 gameplay maps first will really help you in your planning. Of course doing so will mean you need to backtrack and replace stuff and maybe even change everything, but by making 1-2 game play maps, it will show you what you are capable of. This is not meant to deter you, just that you could spend a huge amount of time planning, but then realize that none of it is applicable during the early stage of learning the world editor. Good luck with your project!

I appreciate your concern and will do small projects along the way and go to the more advanced stuff as I go.
However, I do have been using the World Editor through the past 9 years, however with longer breaks and stuff. But my common sense for it is fine. I understand the logic of the trigger editor, but I am not yet familiar with the the scripting and have not yet completely mastered the MUI (Multi unit instance).

I think I am capable of doing these triggers. I have just discovered the true power of dummy units! Nontheless, I will be asking the great and friendly community of assistance. :)

Sounds exciting though, that you have just begun a few months back. Wouldn't think anyone would jump to such things so late in the Warcraft's years. If you need help for anything let me know, would be glad to help. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.