• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deleted .W3M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi everyone
i just deleted MyMap.W3M that was right next to MyMap.W3X and now its like everything i had imported to map is gone (Even loading screen doesnt show up anymore) any suggestion?

Level 4
no it was in the folder where i save unprotected version of my maps. map changes into .w3x when you delete melee triggers or add triggers . MyMap.W3M was 1mb and MyMap.W3X was 3.5 mb but since i deleted w3m , MyMap.W3X is 0.6 mb , everything i had imported is now 0kb in import manager.

Level 30
Le me guess this W3M file might be the one storing all the stuffs contained on your map and by deleting this, it caused your map to lose its imported stuffs, loading screen and etc... I suggest consult your Recycle Bin if its there (if you have not deleted it yet even there) but if its the worst case possible I am afraid, you'll have to restart again and do it manually reimporting each imported files that are lost in the process of deleting the W3M File.

Level 4
Le me guess this W3M file might be the one storing all the stuffs contained on your map and by deleting this, it caused your map to lose its imported stuffs, loading screen and etc... I suggest consult your Recycle Bin if its there (if you have not deleted it yet even there) but if its the worst case possible I am afraid, you'll have to restart again and do it manually reimporting each imported files that are lost in the process of deleting the W3M File.

that is not possible most of the things i had imported was made by me , the only solution i can think of is to deprotect one map i had published before and copy my triggers into it i will tell you if it solved it so if anyone had the same problem and so on...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
w3m is the format used by RoC WC3.
w3x is the format used by the expansion to RoC WC3 called TFT WC3.

Re-import the stuff into the w3x file and save. It should all be there now. Only really silly people still use RoC even though it is nearly 10 years old now so do not worry about them not being able to play your map anymore.

It sounds like this file holds all imported data for RoC WC3 maps for some reason. TFT maps include the imported data with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.