• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Define a terraintile-type as unwalkable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
-searched for: "pathing", "terrain tile block", "unwalkable, nothing found regarding that!-

I'm using a rocktile for making cliffs (blizzard cliffs are nooby ;D) and i want them to be unwalkable for ground units (without pathing blockers and areas).

How do I manage that? o_O

btw: thx@ralle for reactivating my account. ^^
I'm still visiting hive and reading through hives forums much, but i'm not making threads (or posting) very often...

Level 5
Ew... the region isn't small... these rocktiles are all over the map! If i would use pathing blockers or regions I would have to make thousands of them and I'm already at maximal destructibles and at 500 regions. :/

I'm needing a trigger, but got no idea... :(

Level 5
Uh, great! :D

I already often tried downloading the file from wc3campaign but it buggz (the download)... hmm... I'm gonna try it tomorrow (Oh my god it's already 5:00 a.m. !!! o_O), erm, in some hours again.

But great thanks for the tip. :p

Level 5
Hmm, I tried it and already found the application "PathMapper" but I don't really know how to start it.

Level 8
Alrighty then.

I do not know how your map is constructed, how you are using your rock tiles and what kind of doodads you have surrounding or on or in front of the cliff terrain.

However you can change the pathing of doodads. For instance you can take a tree doodad and give it the pathing of say the lumber mill - the pathing of the lumber mill is 2 1/2 medium grid squares across so you could have your trees far apart yet still have the path blocked between them.

If you need something really large you can use the cathedral pathing. It covers something like 8 medium grid squares North to South and 5 1/2 medium grid squares East to West - you would need to hold down shift while placing to overlap over the blue parts (walkable but not buildable).

I think the largest air and ground pathing blocker is the Arcane Observatory pathing map which is 3 x 3 medium grid squares pathing blocker with a 1/2medium grid walkable/unbuildable pathing wrapped around.

I know it is not what you want or the answer you are looking for, however it is a workaround for you.

Level 5
Alrighty then.

I do not know how your map is constructed, how you are using your rock tiles and what kind of doodads you have surrounding or on or in front of the cliff terrain.

However you can change the pathing of doodads. For instance you can take a tree doodad and give it the pathing of say the lumber mill - the pathing of the lumber mill is 2 1/2 medium grid squares across so you could have your trees far apart yet still have the path blocked between them.

If you need something really large you can use the cathedral pathing. It covers something like 8 medium grid squares North to South and 5 1/2 medium grid squares East to West - you would need to hold down shift while placing to overlap over the blue parts (walkable but not buildable).

I think the largest air and ground pathing blocker is the Arcane Observatory pathing map which is 3 x 3 medium grid squares pathing blocker with a 1/2medium grid walkable/unbuildable pathing wrapped around.

I know it is not what you want or the answer you are looking for, however it is a workaround for you.

Yes, thanks. :)

I found out that the PathMapper-extension of grimoire can define tile-types as walkable, unwalkable, and so on.

I also know how to define my rocktile as "unwalkable" - the only problem is:

How do I start PathMapper?!

Level 8
Yes, thanks. :)

I found out that the PathMapper-extension of grimoire can define tile-types as walkable, unwalkable, and so on.

I also know how to define my rocktile as "unwalkable" - the only problem is:

How do I start PathMapper?!

I do not know. I do not use grimore. I had hoped that by throwing an answer out there would have lead to a bump of your post so somebody who does know would give you the answer.

Much for the same reason why I am answering again without crudely just typing in "bump".

;-)

Level 6
option 1

do you use water in your map? if you don't, you can make that terrain into water and reskin water to look like live sand...

----------

option 2 (trigger)

every 0.5 seconds (periodic)
check every unit on the map.
if terrain type under the picked unit == sharp rocks (terrain comparision)
then cause picked unit to damage picked unit (itself) for 100 spell damage (unit - damage target action)

the trigger above would not forbid movement but would really discourage it. it seams more realistic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.