• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defense of the LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Can not? You know this for sure?

What about tower pushing teams that ignore lanes and jungle altogether? While I definitely do not support the idea of Riot making this viable, it's one point.

A team builds for late game by taking lots of CC and toughness with a couple melee ADC. One goes jungle and farm while the other lanes somewhere. Team fights consist of trying to hold down the enemy team and allow the ADC to mop everyone up. (I know this is pretty much not viable currently, but I believe changes in the game could allow for this sort of play)

There's two. We could come up with more. It wouldn't be that hard to change the game though nerfs/buffs, or more likely through new or changed items.

While this may sound like a good idea, as SR is right now with the jungle density the first idea is not possible to work. Gold-wise minion farm is always better than jungling as well, so the enemy team would be ahead soon, and your own towers would be in danger as well, depending on the enemy laner, since some champions can just destroy the tower at lvl 2-3 in 2 waves.

There are not many champions to serve as melee ADCs in the game, such as Master Yi, however low life and melee never go well together, no matter what game you play. It's not just LoL that works like this - in any game, if you want to go melee without any extra defense compared to a ranged damage dealer, you are as good as dead. Even in WoW, the only real glass cannon to go in melee range (rogues) have a huge amount of utility spells to get out of combat asap, but they are still often one-shot if not being careful. It's not really about nerfs, it's more about game design. By using in ADCs in melee, you always end up sending a glass cannon to the front lines. Not a good idea by the sound of it.

By only tactics, this means 2 things - the champion should be either more tanky (and consequently with less DPS, aka Bruiser, such as Irelia or Jax) or more bursty and get out of the fight as soon as the damage is dealt (Talon, Zed, etc.) You also cannot hold down an entire enemy team while 2 melee ADCs mop them up. That's a bad game design, since it denies the the chance of the enemy team to interact with the game, especially if you can do it with only 3 champions. Even Galio+Sona+Cassio can only hold them for up to 5-6 seconds, not to mention everyone would get Tenacity to counter you and the enemy caster/assassin would have no reason to intervene until your ADC go in, when the enemy caster can just destroy them.

Of course, if you end up overpowering them with clever play early on, you will win anyway, as in nearly any case where you end up with 20/2 or so against the enemy team.

I don't really want to hurt you or anything, but the current meta was designed by many gamers and tacticians over several years, and it being mainstream has a good reason.

Level 34
I don't really want to hurt you or anything, but the current meta was designed by many gamers and tacticians over several years, and it being mainstream has a good reason.
You aren't going to hurt me, feel free to disagree with me however you want to. : P
I don't place my self worth in my opinions. I'm ok with being wrong.

Perhaps it would be too hard to change the meta currently, but I still think they should be trying to create more ways to win games. Actually the new LCS season has kicked off great and gives me hope. Crazy picks and somewhat different strategies are emerging which is cool to see.

Level 6
Hey guys do you think Heroes of the Storm will replace LoL in the future?..

HOTS
- Nice Graphics
- Lots of maps (each with different gameplay style)
- Customizable abilities
- Good heroes

Oh i am afraid LoL will be replace.. what do you think?

Level 7
Depends on the advertising.In my school everyone talks about LoL and DotA but none of them know HoN/Hearthstone/HotS

Level 15
Hey guys do you think Heroes of the Storm will replace LoL in the future?..

HOTS
- Nice Graphics
- Lots of maps (each with different gameplay style)
- Customizable abilities
- Good heroes

Oh i am afraid LoL will be replace.. what do you think?

HotS won't replace LoL and wasn't meant to. They are removing and adding a huge amount of mechanics compared to regular MOBAs, so practically you can't even count HotS and LoL as rivals. They require totally different tactics and a different mindset.

@Gilles: Certainly, seeing more ways to win would be good, but the most I can imagine is adding capturable objectives to boost your team, which would require one of the players to constantly take care of it, but it would just end up being the jungler's work.

Though if you can think up something that can actually add more depth to the gameplay without making it too deep for even mediocre players, feel free to tell me, I'd gladly hear it.

Level 7
Pay 2 win not really.You can pay to gain easier access to champions but you can't buy any advantage over an other player with rp(runes/masteries).Also that is if you are smurfing then buy the champion so you can wreck others while if you buy a champion you will still have to learn how to play him like any other ordinary champion.

Level 15
meh in some other games you pay for 20% XP boost, even though it's just as, if not more trivial. Some ppl just want to play new champions right away without playing enough to get the IP for them - they are the ones who use RP like that. Otherwise RP is just for skins imho.

Also, in my opinion you can't consider something p2w if you can get the same thing without paying for it - as long as it's not some stacking buff thing, you can farm it just as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.