• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defender DotA 4.00

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
A DotA map by GriffonDefender; Defender DotA has many heroes and items like in the original DotA, and many new items and heroes as well!

In Defender DotA, if you have never played a DotA style map before, the goal is to break through the lines of towers and force yourself into your enemies' base. Once there, you must destroy their central building (Frozen Throne/World Tree) in order to win. You get one hero, and creeps spawn for each team automatically. Destroying buildings gives the player bonuses depending on what building they destroyed. Killing heroes also grants a great bonus to the killing player. But don't team kill, or something bad might happen...

Special Thanks to Frankster from The Hive Workshop for his models used in this map! You can check the Credits section in Map Help/Info for more detailed crediting. Or you can check Below this Paragraph if you want:

GriffonDefender: Archangel - Elenai
Aurius Pheonix: BloodelfHeroSwordChampion
drcrewton: HeroBloodElf Rogue
JediJesska: BloodElf Archer
Spade: Chaos Knight
Executioner: BloodElf Crusader
Gaury: HeroBloodElvenPaladin
DragonLord: BloodElf Wizard
The Huntress: FelOrcAssassin
drcrewton(Defender Form): BloodElf Strider
JediJesska(Defender Form): BloodElf Phoenix Guard
The Huntress(Goddess Form): Archangel - Seraphin

4088855_orig.png

Game Creation Screen

8707624_orig.png

Loading Screen

4297232_orig.png

The Hero Tavern at the game start

878320_orig.png

Sentinel Spawn Zone

4982275_orig.png

Sitting around in the middle Lane

9843323_orig.png

Dueling it out in mid

3581954_orig.png

Aurius Pheonix's Retarded Transformation

3135582_orig.png

Pheonix casually Spartan Lasering a tower

8378760_orig.png

Pheonix getting attacked by the base towers inside the Scourge Spawn

8905326_orig.png

Your Map Help/Info GUI

7534681_orig.png

Rise of The Defenders and Defender Form VS Roshan. (Roshan didn't even stand a chance.)

4888957_orig.png

Amazing Mechanical Critter is Amazing

Current Version: 4.00

4.00: First Public Release!

You can find all the versions that are released at http://griffondefender.weebly.com/defender-dota.html
The Hive Workshop will only get updates of Fully Stable Builds.

This here is the reason I consider myself to be a Mid-Class map designer. Not because of the heavily reject-able Defender War, and Certainly not because of my depressing modelling skills. This here is redemption for The Defender War. I have worked as hard as I can to make sure that this map isn't rejected, but even still, I prepare just in case, a backup... but that will be saved for later. Thanks to Frankster for his Models used in the map! And to everyone downloading, Enjoy!

Keywords:
Defender, DotA, GriffonDefender, Defense, Ancients, Heroes, Creeps, Towers
Contents

Defender DotA 4.00 (Map)

Reviews
10:14, 21st May 2013 Orcnet: looks to me Defender DotA is just a simple redo of the infamous DotA, if you would read the rules: refrain next time

M

10:14, 21st May 2013
Orcnet: looks to me Defender DotA is just a simple redo of the infamous DotA, if you would read the rules:
Originality
Resources should be unique. Largely similar resources, such as icons or skins that are hue-adjusted version of each other, simple reskins that don't change the shape of the model, or maps that are effectively clones of each other, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps, may be rejected.
refrain next time

Level 30
looks to me Defender DotA is just a simple redo of the infamous DotA, if you would read the rules:
Originality
Resources should be unique. Largely similar resources, such as icons or skins that are hue-adjusted version of each other, simple reskins that don't change the shape of the model, or maps that are effectively clones of each other, such as most LOAP and Footman Wars maps, may be rejected.
refrain next time

Level 4
Much of the map is different, along with the majority of the items and the heroes. The gameplay is the same, and the idea, but other than that, 90% of it is original. Either way, I doubt you'll ever get to read that, so I might as well work on my final solution... my final chance.

Level 2
looks to me Defender DotA is just a simple redo of the infamous DotA, if you would read the rules:

refrain next time
Orcnet. With all due respect, this DotA is quite different from the original. Number one, the map is clearly NOT made by Icefrog. Number 2, there is absolutly no way, at all, that you can unprotect a DotA map. Third, as of these maps, posted on the Hiveworkshop, which CLEARLY state that they are DotA replicas, were not denyed and are almost identical.

1)
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dota-legends-v0-07b-79951/?

2)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/history-dota-v0-5-a-81353/?prev=search=DotA&d=list&r=20

3)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/nintendota-beta-v1-79251/?prev=search=DotA&d=list&r=20

4)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/dota-outland-4-6a-77666/?prev=search=DotA&d=list&r=20

5)http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...on-1-07-a-79709/?prev=search=DotA&d=list&r=20

Yours Sincerely,
Pheonix
God Of Fire

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 30
GriffonDefender if this disappoints you try to ignore my reactions that you seem to see as 'aggressive'.

Its a cool idea and everyone decides such dota maps with different objectives is sufficient enough to be called gameplay, but its hard to say this is where your road stops and step into another turn

If you do wish to continue, the optional way is too re-WARP the whole DotA idea thing and make up your own[IDEA] type of AoS, there's plenty of tutorials and helpers in this site including myself, so take your time I hope this doesn't discourage your work, more to say, let this be a new step forward.

Level 4
GriffonDefender if this disappoints you try to ignore my reactions that you seem to see as 'aggressive'.

Its a cool idea and everyone decides such dota maps with different objectives is sufficient enough to be called gameplay, but its hard to say this is where your road stops and step into another turn

If you do wish to continue, the optional way is too re-WARP the whole DotA idea thing and make up your own[IDEA] type of AoS, there's plenty of tutorials and helpers in this site including myself, so take your time I hope this doesn't discourage your work, more to say, let this be a new step forward.

What's rejected is rejected, unfortunately, and I've already moved forwards. I do feel quite ignorant for not mentioning the /ctf gamemode for a Capture the Flag mode (Which I don't think is in the standard DotA) but it was my error that made that happen. I cannot possibly redeem my ever shattered reputation now; all that is left, is a Final Salvation.

Level 30
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - confucius
live with these words, very useful if I might say. If your final salvation is to update your map then you made a good job but if giving up quickly then your too far away in achievement

Level 2
You must remember Griff. Remove what is not yours. And add MORE. You can suceed. I know it.

"There is no banishing chaos, unless you think to slaughter every sentient being in this realm and the next. We are the mirror of your souls, your hearts, your minds. Every nagging doubt, every little lust and guilty thought. Every arrow fired and disease untreated. Your attempts at resistance only serve to strengthen us. But, oh, never stop fighting. That would ruin ALL the fun! - Pheonix

Last edited:
Level 4
I do appreciate the support from both of you, but I don't feel that, at this point in time, I can change this map sufficiently to make it worthy of an approval. It must be a new map, created from scratch. Not that I exactly mind making new maps from scratch, and this map will be a lot of fun for me even if it is rejected, but eventually, I will come back to this map, and make it so that an appeal is possible.