• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defence of The Troll Tribes - Remade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Ok , for those who missed the first post , my map's terrain was all messed up , and not just a little , quite much ... It was always the same texture and no variance , I changed this ... Second , I also changed the labyrinth , or maybe removed because I removed all the trees , and added randomly trees all over the map
The terrain has 3 textures now and I am pretty proud of the overall result.
Now as I said in the beginning, for those who didn’t see my first post here is what my project is all about...

Now first of all what is DOTTT
D.O.T.T.T. stands for Defense of the Troll Tribes
DOTTT is a modification for Wacraft III the Frozen Throne
You can play only on multiplayer on Battlenet or any other Wacraft III TFT Server
The game is in development and isn’t ready yet
I am actually working on the Score board of the game.

Story

The Zul'aman Tribe and the Hebi'Jaman Tribe organized a game for their 32nd year of alliance . The game is simple : The two Tribes release 4 of their best warriors in The Forest next to Mountain Hyijal . The team of 4 trolls must survive a giant labyrinth full of monstrous creeps, find the other team and fight until the very end. There are no rules in the forest, the first team to get 40 kills wins the game.

Version info

- An Arena is included in the middle of the map and you can use it if you don’t like searching in the labyrinth for the other team.
- A Labyrinth is included and full of creeps that will help you level
- You can resurrect your Hero at the Tavern for 50 gold . Or maybe I will make an automatic resurrection system.
- There is a Tower that will annihilate every player, creep, ignorant enough to go near the enemy's base.
- 4 Shops, One for Battle Gear, another one for Potions, the third is stat related and the last one for orbs .
- You can regenerate your hero next to the fire camp in your base or with potions you buy from the Potions Merchant.
- 8 Unique heroes , 4 for each tribe . In which 1 tank for each tribe , and 1 Damage dealer for each tribe .The rest are magic casters / summonners / healers
- I will continue the development of the map once I know what the people think about it

Hardness

I can say by trying to do it alone that its not very hard as it is alone.
Now in team play if you are not a “I think I am the best” idiot and know how to play in a team the map becomes pretty easy. By ''The Map" I mean the Labyrinth. Now for the Hero killing, it just depends on the player's skills and the Hero's level.

1 - Scenario - 100 %
2 - Characters - 95 %
3 - Terrain - 90 %
4 - Taverns - 50 %
5 - Shops - 98 %
6 - Other Buildings - 100 %
7 - Score counting (Winning Condition) - 100 %
8 - Score Board - 90 %
9 - Arena - 50 %

Bugs Encountered

A new bug appeared that makes you able to buy as many heroes as you want (normally only one is allowed) - Not Solved at all...

I am searching for someone who can tell me the code for the Resurrection System ( the same as dota's and in other similar maps ... ) Triggers code , in the white window as it should be in the editor not just typing because I want to see what it will look like to compare after .

Screenshots - :witch_doc_sad:

The Heroes

1224794756.jpg

The Terrain ( Still haven't placed creeps )

1224794802.jpg

A Creep Camp

1224794858.jpg

Thats All for Now

Last edited:
Level 6
You could create 2 game modes.
First one: Kill 40 creeps to win.
Second: Reach the end of the labyrtinth first.
On the second mode the respawn of creeps could be tougher making the labyrinth more deadly.

Level 2
Its an inresting mode but this is mainly an Arena and getting 40 creeps kills is verry easy ...
Maybe 80 creep kills would be one mode
The second would be Arena - with 40 Hero kills
The third would be mayeb a capture the flag

I would be glad to create modes but i have no idea how i can do that ...
Maybe you could tell me ? well ill search on my own and when i find it ill say that the 0.2 , second BETA will be with 2 modes and 0.3 with 3 modes , said above .

But the 0.1 as the first BETA will have only the Hero killing system as an Arena

But tahnk you for the ideas . I will try to do what i can .

BTW for the second idea i think this would be too easy since the labyrinth is quite like a forest ... and you could just go at night or use wind walk or somethng like that and bang u reached the end , if i want a labyrinth map , i woudl ahev to remake everything

Level 6
BTW for the second idea i think this would be too easy since the labyrinth is quite like a forest ... and you could just go at night or use wind walk or somethng like that and bang u reached the end , if i want a labyrinth map , i woudl ahev to remake everything
You could just make a trigger to desativate all abilitys that involve invisiblity.
About how you can add the modes, I think you can find tutorial about this on the tutorials section.

Status
Not open for further replies.