• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DeepSeaMurlocBlue.blp

Deep down on the ocean floor exists a murloc adapted to the great pressure and unyielding darkness. It Communicates with luminescent lights and deep "mrghles". Its light organs area also used to lure prey and its gaping maw and long pale teeth gobbles up anything close enough to its anglerstalk.

A skin designed to represent the "deep sea murloc" from WoW. And is not at all inspired by avatar, even though the blizzard model share the same artistic theme/effect.

The following image was used as a guide and referance:

deepseamurlocs.jpg

V.2:
Remade Shield
Remade Weapon
Added TC and point metal bit to sticks on back.
Fixed some other simple bits and bobs.

Designed to replace the following textures:

Units\Creeps\MurgulBloodGill\MurgulBloodGill.blp
Units\Creeps\MurgulReaver\MurgulReaver.blp
Units\Creeps\MurgulTidewarrior\MurgulTidewarrior.blp
Units\Creeps\Murloc\Murloc.blp
Units\Creeps\MurlocFleshEater\MurlocFleshEater.blp
Units\Creeps\MurlocMutant\MurlocMutant.blp
Units\Creeps\MurlocNightCrawler\MurlocNightCrawler.blp
Units\Creeps\MurlocWarrior\MurlocWarrior.blp

Give Credit to me if used.

Keywords:
murloc, Mur'ghul, naga, deep sea, fathom, abyss, deeps, azshara, fish, salmon, trout, halibut, bass, angler, anglerfish, ulk, Seadevil, djuphavsfisk.
Contents

Blue Deep Sea Murloc (Texture)

Reviews
22:40, 10th Feb 2011 shiiK: Works in-game, approved. [Reason] shiiK: This could use some more colour variation, The blue is unrealistically blue. Add some green and purple tones to it to make it seem less plastic. The yellow is very vivid, but...

M

22:40, 10th Feb 2011
shiiK: Works in-game, approved.
[Reason]

shiiK: This could use some more colour variation, The blue is unrealistically blue. Add some green and purple tones to it to make it seem less plastic. The yellow is very vivid, but then again, I guess some deep sea creatures have vividly coloured fins. I think you should go for a dark, subtle purple (towards grey) colour for the eyes, with a hint of reflection. Search up some references for fish. The weapon and shield could also use some more work.

Level 8
It's deep sea, I think it looks great, and if you manage to make other skins for other naga like it, I'll make it into a murloc tribe in my map xD

I do think the spikes on his back would look better if they were a lighter blue, to match the dots, make them glow, and if you did something with that stick, currently, it just looks out of place, other then that, I really like this texture :]

lol lots of avatar remarks... funny.

i think, if you added (mind you i know nothing about textureing so this comes from an artests opinoin not from eny body skilled) that if you threw in some more darker colors, to shade the yellow out, like say using purple for his belly or changing his eyes to look more dark. possibly to counter the dark blue body, high light the limbs, make his hands green or yellow or even a range of both.

its still cool regardless, i would use it but my maps hela full. make some more variations.
if you want to make it look more deep sea-ish, watch more under water programs about scary deep sea monsters.

6 or 7/10

ps, thos angler ones look AWSOME are thos concept art or real alrdy finished skins?

Level 14
UPDATE V.2:
I have taking into account your comments and updated the skin. The armaments are now more naga like and I have added additional Team Color. The skin has been desaturated and further higlighted and shaded.

I intend to release several colour variations as well as skins fitting both the mur'ghul slave and shadowcaster units. But I'd like to make this skin superb before doing so.

Another Question. If you were a murloc and needed wood on the bottom of the sea, where whood :)D) you get it? Giant stalked sea anemones?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Vast improvement. I'll test if it's working and such tomorrow, but all-in-all, it looks ready for approval.

I suggest you make some individual differences for the colour variations, because just throwing a bunch of recolours out is a bit boring, if you ask me, and we recently had a bunch of them from 67chrome as well.

Vast improvement. I'll test if it's working and such tomorrow, but all-in-all, it looks ready for approval.

I suggest you make some individual differences for the colour variations, because just throwing a bunch of recolours out is a bit boring, if you ask me, and we recently had a bunch of them from 67chrome as well.

very true.

the new colorations are quite nice, the bright yellow was a bit much, u could throw a bit of it back in, in the hands a bit mabe. 67Chrome did make some skins of murgul slaves, they wer quite exelent indeed. but dont let that scare you away from making more, there isisnt enouph murloc reasorces as it is. olofmoleman threw out some neat ones too but again, dont be scared away by there uberness.

this ones geten better, its alteast a 6 or 7/10, iv seen much worse skins.

Level 14
Looks cool. But I think you should put a lot more highlights, since amphibians have really shiny skin

I don't think skin mucus offer any protection or purpose in the deep sea. The mucus main purpose is to prevent dehydration and repulse patogens. Additional highlights to the skin would also make the luminescent spots less apparent.

Level 8
to answer your question, get your wood from coral (not wood, but can be used all the same) Jetsam, sunken ships, thats stuff :]

Lastly, I think that the eyes should be more of a circle, (they are in the texture, but they get stretched in-game) and his stick and shield should look like he made them, it's too golden, i wouldn't expect seeing anything like that deep-sea. other then that, it's a great texture that i will most definitely use in my upcoming campaign if you don't mind (with respective credits)

Level 21
Could use the feature of the ball on his head, but with the limit of Warcraft III, I still like it regardless.
Looks good as well, and do you mind if I use them?

Level 8
Could use the feature of the ball on his head, but with the limit of Warcraft III, I still like it regardless.
Looks good as well, and do you mind if I use them?

It's a skin, not a model, Models you can make and add whatever you want to, and a skin is just changing the look of a current model, it cant add anything extra.