• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decent Video Editing Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hayate, I have play around with video editing for 3 years and you know what?

The video that you post is..... It is a really really really hard to make! Even with my 3 years of effort, I still can't make it!

For your information, there is no program that can help you to do it automatically.

Perhaps you should start off with the windows live movie maker. It is very user friendly and also free.

If you still want to make it.

The only and the easiest way is to draw each picture frames... That's all, no shortcut.

Hayate, I have play around with video editing for 3 years and you know what?

The video that you post is..... It is a really really really hard to make! Even with my 3 years of effort, I still can't make it!

For your information, there is no program that can help you to do it automatically.

Perhaps you should start off with the windows live movie maker. It is very user friendly and also free.

If you still want to make it.

The only and the easiest way is to draw each picture frames... That's all, no shortcut.

Well.. I know it's something hard...
and of course i know there is no program that can do that automatically
I just try to get a video editing software, learn the basics and start playing with it...
Im pretty sure some day i can do something like that,

Edit: And I pretty sure it uses more than One Program to make it, anyway.. Juz Basic Tutorial? :D

Level 15
The most common answer, Adobe Aftereffects (how you obtain it, is up to you), though personally I hate how adobe does their UI in both PS and AE, but at least for PS I have alternatives.
Otherwise I also used Hitfilm 2, which makes some things much easier than in Aftereffects (like loading in models, shaders, doing 3D particle effects, still a bit clunky, but not as clunky as AE).
And then there's the Powerdirector, which is kinda really basic and I rarely ever use it. Still a good beginner program.

Level 15
I never using free software.. Pirate of Curry Bean is good movie you know.
I am using After Effect and Power Director. Both are good but After Effect is a little bit harder. But there are many tutorials for After Effect, like Videocopilot. And PowerDirector is so noob friendly. Never use the one from Sony, it has complicated UI. In my opinion, those Sony programs are complicated and confusing. Well thats my opinion.
And what is that video?

Last edited:
Level 14
I've been making Animated Music Videos for years, since back when Youtube used the five star system and before companies went copyright crazy on it (RIP my first channel and 5000 subs)

My editing program of choice has always been hands down Sony Vegas Pro, I recently got my hands on the newest version and it continues to (at least in my opinion) be the most efficient platform for editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.