• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Death Playgrounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Death Playgrounds, (formerly called "War Gears") is an epic 10 level campaign series based on future strategy warfare. There will be 2 races for the mod. We will focus on making the game very fun, while preserving the quality of the graphics, making Death Playgrounds a very enjoyable campaign.

Additional notes:
The models you will see in the screenshots below are NOT made by me, I merely edited them. So, give credits to Mechanical Man, and Kofi-Banan. They were kind enough to let me edit there models for the cause of Death Playgrounds.

We recomend playing Death Playgrounds on the more beefy of computers. (Geforce7000 series or higher.)

Credits (so far) to:
Mr. Bob-(Team Leader)
Lioness-(Team-Member)
Mechanical Man
Kofi-Banan
Cavman
Abriko

Death Playgrounds has a massive arssenal of units, from large Tanks, to A.P.Cs with beam lasers. The game will have a unique tech set up. Each unit will have the ability to buy armor addons, and weapon upgrades directly to the unit.

Everything will be changed from the origanal Wc3 style, cursors, UI, even the selection circle!

Team Info:
So far, the only assighned team members are Lioness and Myself. If you would like to see Death Playgrounds have your work in it, PM me if you want to join the team. (Be sure to include your skill area, and a sample of your work.)

Death Playgrounds will have a side econemic galaxy map, letting you have ultamate control over the galaxy.

Before we release the full version of the game, we will release a stable demo version of mission one.

Massive armies will clash! Epic wars will be fought! The galaxy is in peral! Will you save the galaxy? Or destroy it? The choice is yours!

-NEWS: The Death Playgrounds Team is anouncing, that the campaign will also support several Melee levels, including, large unrivaled naval battles, dense forests for your tanks to trample, and the all new Space Battle maps.

The space battles will be a combination of intense combat manuavers, along with a unique way of gathering recources for your colony. These new realtime strategy space maps will be unlike any space maps you have ever seen for warcraft. Including stunning graphics for warcraft, it will require a more beefy computer. (Recomedations above)

Attachments

• Screen1.jpeg
    Screen1.jpeg
    47.4 KB · Views: 176
  • Screen2.JPG
    Screen2.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen3.JPG
    Screen3.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 171
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 149
  • MediumTank.jpg
    MediumTank.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Level 31
Guys you must remember, this project is at a very early stage, I will sharpen the models up when I have the chance. And the reson the terrain was simple was because its suposed to be a desert dune. That and, the screenies kinda suck.

EDIT: The idea is better than origanal... Space battles, Land seiges with forests to be trampled, massive navies, 10 level campaign, melee levels, etc...

Level 31
Mean*
When I say "Do with the map" I'm saying, I can't wait for you to work on it?

Ok, well you will be happy to know that this mod will include more the ground combat. Using a combination of triggers and animations, I will make simulated dogfights in space. Also, broadside naval attacks will be included. When I say, "10 level campaign" thats not all, the game will also include a whole host of melee maps, and once thats finished we will release a second pack of maps including multiplayer melee maps, and another 2 player campaign only for multiplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.