• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Pact (Beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello.

I was trying to make this ability to work so it could be used in Tides of War as a unit ability or even a Hero ability (We are still deciding it), but I just can't make it work properly, and I having such a busy routine in these last days, so I'm not having time to make it myself (and to realize HOW to make it)

So, here it is:

The ability works almost like the Death Pact ability from the Death Knight. You sacrifice a unit for it's hit points, but, instead of using these points to heal the Death Knight (caster), the points should be used as a "shield" or a "barrier" that will absorb the damage taken until it reaches zero. It is supposed to have at least three levels.

If anyone can make this ability it would be great ^^

Thanks in advance...

Level 16
Would you accept a vJASS ability? There is a vJASS Shield library available here that caters for a lot of complicated issues with a Warcraft shield. Reinventing the wheel would be unwise so if I am to code this, I would rather do it in vJASS ;p

Awaiting your response ^^

Level 6
Sure it can be done in vJass, though I never used any vJass resource, I'll only need a brief explanation about how to implement it (sorry for my ignorance in this matter, I have just began to play with some Jass coding ^^)...

BTW, it would be interesting if there was a floating text appearing in the caster's head each time he is attacked, displaying the remaining value of the shield, if it is not to ask to much :p

And many thanks...

Level 16
Sure it can be done in vJass, though I never used any vJass resource, I'll only need a brief explanation about how to implement it (sorry for my ignorance in this matter, I have just began to play with some Jass coding ^^)...

Very well then. You can start by getting a Jass NewGen Pack. There is a 1.5d version available in the Tools section, a 1.5e version floating on the Internet and a beta 2.0 version on blizzardmodding.info or you can search for its thread in the Warcraft Editing Tools forum ^^

I will try to comment all the configurables carefully so you can import it without any difficulty. Oh and of course you can always contact me if the need arises :)

Thanks for allowing me to help. Is there a deadline?

edit

Check the tutorial section. I think there may be one or two vJASS import tutorial there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.