• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Death Knight on Frost Wyrm

A death knight mounted on a Frost Wyrm. Not much to say about it. I recommend to use it as some type of advanced flying caster unit (no mesh changes to make it badass enough for a boss). Give credit and blah.

I'm making a more customized, detailed and badass version, but why not upload this as well.

UPDATE:

There it goes, guys. He's smaller, had feet and Attack Slam animation.

Keywords:
wotlk, death, knight, death knight, runeblade, frost, wyrm, frost wyrm, lich king, unholy, rider, mounted, flying, undead
Contents

Death Knight on Frost Wyrm (Model)

Reviews
15:02, 24th Dec 2009 DonDustin: could be a very useful model forany Death Knight/UD map, especially with Dan van Ohllus' mountless DK.

M

15:02, 24th Dec 2009
DonDustin: could be a very useful model forany Death Knight/UD map, especially with Dan van Ohllus' mountless DK.

Level 1
Looks promissing.

The frost wyrm could be bigger if plausible, and give it an option where either the dragon or the rider attacks - I already see how could I use it than.

Level 15
totally agreed with Sithril, please make the wyrm bigger, or at least make the DK smaller, since actually in Wc3 history the wyrm is GIANT, and arthas isn't even a paw of a wyrm, but of course if you make it that realistic, the DK wouldn't even be visible :p just make the DK a bit smaller please :D!

Level 18
The dragon attacks in Spell Slam. I could rename it to Attack Slam.

Making the wyrm bigger would... make the death knight sit on his enormous spiked ridge and be dismembered before even lifting off. And adjusting the wyrm's animations to a resized mesh would be a pain in the ass due to the horrible way Blizzard named the bones.

The point in making the wyrm so small is that, well... It's the Death Knight who casts spells and such. And if I make him smaller/the wyrm bigger, the death knight would be unnoticeable.

Level 6
everyones all like "make the wyrm bigger" i say,make the deathknight smaller,we all know what they look like and granted there basically walking awsome,but still,should make the dk smaller not the wyrm bigger

phuking great job tho dude

everyones all like "make the wyrm bigger" i say,make the deathknight smaller,we all know what they look like and granted there basically walking awsome,but still,should make the dk smaller not the wyrm bigger

phuking great job tho dude

reduce the overal size of the death knight

I beg your pardon?

Level 8
This model looks promising. The idea and concept is great.

Looks promissing.

The frost wyrm could be bigger if plausible, and give it an option where either the dragon or the rider attacks - I already see how could I use it than.

I agree with him. Best if you put 3 attack animations:
1.) The Death Knight attacking in melee using his sword (Good for dog fights)
2.) The Death Knight attacks as though he's throwing stuff.
(Death Knight attack)
3.) The Frost Wym breaths out ice.
(Frost Wym attacks)

Level 4
The model itself looks a tad dodgey. Either that's a very big man or a very small Frost Wrym....either way, the proportion of each needs to be fixed. That aside, the concept is very good and I wouldn't highly protest against abandoning the idea. It just needs a little more work.

Level 5
I think it's cool, even if other think he's disproportionate.. I givez yous a 6/5 for coolio idea and usefulness

ooh, +rep

Level 1
Living unit

I dont now so much about skins and modeling.... But i think many users would like a living version.:wink:

Level 3
Highly epic, and a very low file size, i give it a 4/5 the only problem i saw was a little sketchy on movement, but otherwise nearly perfect