• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Dead Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
untitled.png
STORY:

You are playing as Kel'thuzad, Arch Lich of the undead. You have been suffering since Bolvar became Lich King, but the time has come to pay and secure your place as the ruler of the Undead Scourge.

FEATURES:
  • Includes 15 missions.
  • Includes Improved (Kel'thuzad's Scourge) and New races (Faceless Ones, Normal Nerubians, Bolvar's Scourge and more...).
  • Includes new (Aurius Rivendare ,Seer Ixit, Darkmaster Gandling , Bolvar, T'jalik and more...) and improved heroes (Kel'thuzad and more...).
  • Includes custom lore with few WOW lore elements.
  • Includes places from WOW.
  • And more...

Progress:

Prologue: Beginning 50%

Screenshots:

Coming soon

Playable Characters:
Screenshot_3.jpg

Kel'thuzad
Arch Lich of the Scourge

Last edited:
Level 14
I have a question, why aren't there many people checking my campaign?
Because most people seek to see a large scale of progress of a project.
As a matter to straight to the point, you may want to add up the design/aesthetic look and feel of the campaign to attract viewers.

Orrr ... My advice is, you can make a trailer. An epic trailer for more attraction and attention. :)

Level 6

Honestly, should they? Some are busy with their own projects, some will simply not see your campaign and miss it. Do you need more people checking your campaign, in order to keep it going?

Level 29
I find this project interesting. I am looking forward to play it! Good luck!

I am planning a campaign similar to yours, so I might help you in quite a few things.

Last edited:
Level 29
Oh, like what?

Basically the story of the Undead Scourge after the events of Wrath of the Lich King, divided into twoor three campaigns, though I will try to follow canon as much as possible.

Do you need advice for the first missions, or do you already have a plan?

Level 5
Basically the story of the Undead Scourge after the events of Wrath of the Lich King, divided into twoor three campaigns, though I will try to follow canon as much as possible.

Do you need advice for the first missions, or do you already have a plan?

Actually mine takes place at the start of Battle for Azeroth, that's because 75% of The Alliance and Horde are busy in Kul'tiras and Zandalar and I thought it will be a great idea while they are distracted, Kel'thuzad takes the Cult of the Damned in Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend to kill Bolvar. But now, I think I'm gonna make it after WotLK, too, due to the fact half of the Cult was destroyed in Cataclysm.

Level 29
Actually mine takes place at the start of Battle for Azeroth, that's because 75% of The Alliance and Horde are busy in Kul'tiras and Zandalar and I thought it will be a great idea while they are distracted, Kel'thuzad takes the Cult of the Damned in Eastern Kingdoms to Northrend to kill Bolvar. But now, I think I'm gonna make it after WotLK, too, due to the fact half of the Cult was destroyed in Cataclysm.

After being defeated, Kel'Thuzad would take time to regain both a corporeal form and power. However according to lore, he is the second most powerful undead on Azeroth, after the Lich King, so he is quite powerful on his own.
Since he is undead, you better give an explanation how he managed to rebel. My suggestion is that he took advantage of Bolvar's inexperience to sever his link to the Lich King, making him independent.

The Cult of the Damned in the Eastern Kingdoms still exist during Legion so there might be quite a lot of them hidden.

Level 5
Since he is undead, you better give an explanation how he managed to rebel. My suggestion is that he took advantage of Bolvar's inexperience to sever his link to the Lich King, making him independent.

Well, after Bolvar became Lich King, he couldn't have got the Lich King's power in like 5 seconds. It would take days, weeks, heck even months, remember that happened with Arthas? So, this is my plan if it's gonna be after WotLK
-Arthas dies
-Bolvar becomes Lich King
-Alliance and Horde leave Northrend
-After that, Kel'thuzad notices that Bolvar is struggling to bend every undead in Northrend
-He uses this as his advantage
-Sails to Northrend with every member of the Damned
-(I ain't spoiling this)
-Kel'thuzad becomes Lich King
And after that I think I'm gonna make another campaign where Kel'thuzad tries to take over Azeroth or something.
The Cult of the Damned in the Eastern Kingdoms still exist during Legion so there might be quite a lot of them hidden.

Yes, but in Cataclysm in Legion, 20% were haunted and killed by Alliance and Horde.

Level 29
Well, after Bolvar became Lich King, he couldn't have got the Lich King's power in like 5 seconds. It would take days, weeks, heck even months, remember that happened with Arthas?

In Legion it is noticeable that Bolvar is no longer Bolvar. He became cold and ruthless, having his own agenda and will not mind commiting acts that he would previously find immoral. I think Bolvar's mind fused with the remnants of Ner'zhul and Arthas that lingered in the Helm.

Arthas most likely had it easier because he was already used to command undead. Plus and most likely, the undead will not obey that easily a Lich King that is like an usurper.
That could be a justification for Kel'Thuzad's revolt. Bolvar became Lich King without the Scourge's consent and his main goal is to keep the undead in check.

-Arthas dies
-Bolvar becomes Lich King
-Alliance and Horde leave Northrend
-After that, Kel'thuzad notices that Bolvar is struggling to bend every undead in Northrend
-He uses this as his advantage
-Sails to Northrend with every member of the Damned
-(I ain't spoiling this)
-Kel'thuzad becomes Lich King
And after that I think I'm gonna make another campaign where Kel'thuzad tries to take over Azeroth or something.

This is reasonable. However try to make it not this straightforward. Put some small setbacks and incoveniences (for example: some Horde and Alliance forces, Nerubian rebels, Twilight Hammer cultists, etc)

What will be Anub'arak's and Drakuru's roles on this story?

Last edited:
Level 5
In Legion it is noticeable that Bolvar is no longer Bolvar. He became cold and ruthless, having his own agenda and will not mind commiting acts that he would previously find immoral. I think Bolvar's mind fused with the remnants of Ner'zhul and Arthas that lingered in the Helm.

Arthas most likely had it easier because he was already used to command undead. Plus and most likely, the undead will not obey that easily a Lich King that is like an usurper.
That could be a justification for Kel'Thuzad's revolt. Bolvar became Lich King without the Scourge's consent and his main goal is to keep the undead in check.

True, nothing else to say.

This is reasonable. However try to make it not this straightforward. Put some small setbacks and incoveniences (for example: some Horde and Alliance forces, Nerubian rebels, Twilight Hammer cultists, etc)

What will be Anub'arak's and Drakuru's roles on this story?

Maybe, Nerubian rebels are planned, Horde and Alliance forces are maybe going to be added, Twilight Hammer cultist are not.

Also, Anub'arak and Drakaru were actually planned, but then I decided not to.

Level 5
Just checked.
Good to see we will control Gandling.
We will control Aurius Rivendare, but not Baron Rivendare?

Well, I just checked WOWpedia (I suck at Wow minor character lore) and he is alive until Kel'thuzad seizes to exist, so maybe he will be added.
However, I want to know what should Gandling's abilities be?

Level 29
Well, I just checked WOWpedia (I suck at Wow minor character lore) and he is alive until Kel'thuzad seizes to exist, so maybe he will be added.
However, I want to know what should Gandling's abilities be?

Since he is headmanster of Scholomance, I suggest abilities of Unholy (including Necromancy) and Shadow.

Level 29
Yeah, I get that, but give me suggestions on what the abilities should be.

One should allow him to raise undead from corpses. Whether you want it Autocast or not it is up to you. I suggest you make one with a limit of units, otherwise he could create an army of his own

For Unholy it could be based on either Cripple, Unholy Frenzy or Life Drain. One based on Life Drain could be useful since he is not expected to last very long if all by himself

For Shadow, maybe some kind of AOE spell with some nasty buff

As an Ult it could be anything you desire

Level 5
One should allow him to raise undead from corpses. Whether you want it Autocast or not it is up to you. I suggest you make one with a limit of units, otherwise he could create an army of his own

For Unholy it could be based on either Cripple, Unholy Frenzy or Life Drain. One based on Life Drain could be useful since he is not expected to last very long if all by himself

For Shadow, maybe some kind of AOE spell with some nasty buff
First one, yep, going to do it, it's like a replacement for Anub'Arak. Second one, Cripple, maybe, Unholy Frenzy, no and Life Drain, probably. Third one, hmm, perhaps.

Level 29
I have an idea, should I remove Aurius and add Araj the Summoner?

I like a campaign with diversity in terms of everything, including heroes. Having two liches might be too much, unless you make them have different abilities.

Araj to me never seemed an interesting character, merely serving as a boss.

Aurius was never shown in a custom campaign, plus he seems more interesting to play.

Level 5
I like a campaign with diversity in terms of everything, including heroes. Having two liches might be too much, unless you make them have different abilities.

Araj to me never seemed an interesting character, merely serving as a boss.

Aurius was never shown in a custom campaign, plus he seems more interesting to play.

Alright, but Araj was an important cult member and he did command the Cult in Lordaeron and I want to add him. I think I'm gonna add both, however, we would be commanding 5 heroes and 1 more custom character.

Attachments

• 26590-c2938cb965eedf2ff0422be9ed7f7bb6_tn2.jpg
    26590-c2938cb965eedf2ff0422be9ed7f7bb6_tn2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 95
Level 29
Alright, but Araj was an important cult member and he did command the Cult in Lordaeron and I want to add him. I think I'm gonna add both, however, we would be commanding 5 heroes and 1 more custom character.

6 heroes for 15 maps sounds good enough for me.

Who is that?

Level 29
You mean the dragon character? I'll spoil a little for you, basically he got send by the Red Dragonflight to ensure that the Scourge won't raise the corpses of dragons. That's it lol.

Then this could help you

An ancient scroll, found in a Northrend ruin, mentioned a spell that can remove undeath from a huge number of creatures at the same time, laying the undead creatures permanently to rest. Such a spell could rid the world of the Scourge for good and strip the Lich King of his power. The scroll had no details, but if such a spell does exist the blue dragons of Coldarra must know it, and possibly have it. All that remains is for heroes to gain access to the island and ask them — or, barring that, sneak onto the island unnoticed, sneak into the Nexus, and search for the spell without getting caught. Its unknown if anyone tried

Level 5
Then this could help you

An ancient scroll, found in a Northrend ruin, mentioned a spell that can remove undeath from a huge number of creatures at the same time, laying the undead creatures permanently to rest. Such a spell could rid the world of the Scourge for good and strip the Lich King of his power. The scroll had no details, but if such a spell does exist the blue dragons of Coldarra must know it, and possibly have it. All that remains is for heroes to gain access to the island and ask them — or, barring that, sneak onto the island unnoticed, sneak into the Nexus, and search for the spell without getting caught. Its unknown if anyone tried

Hmm, probably would use that.

Level 5
Hey there! I played a lot of custom campaigns and this subject is really intresting, not only because it's undead, but also because main character is a mage. Cant wait to see more :),

Best regards

Level 20

In short, there isn't much to check out.

---

1. Your campaign is still very early in the development:

- You haven't provided any screenshots or a playable demo - people generally get more interested by stuff can play or at least see rather than a little bit of text. Moreover, showing off some terrain work or other WIP content provides meaningful topic to talk about and gives people more faith in the project.

- All you've given us is a pretty short story outline that by itself isn't really much to comment on or get excited by. And out of the text description you've provided, the most notable part of it - i.e. the feature list, also seems rather generic and uninspired.

- Also, was it not you who "delayed" his project after just having announced it? It was kinda silly and made your project look as if it has a low chance of being completed. Add to that the very low progress meter that isn't backed up by any visual or playable proof of your work and you get a project that simply doesn't look very promising.

2. The feature list is rather uninspiring:

Includes 15 missions.

None of which is playable or had any meaningful progress made to it. In other words, for now your campaign contains 0 missions (i.e. 0 playable content). It's not hard to see why people wouldn't get overly excited to play something that simply doesn't exist (yet).

Includes Improved (Kel'thuzad's Scourge) and New races (Faceless Ones, Normal Nerubians, Bolvar's Scourge and more...).
Includes new (Aurius Rivendare ,Seer Ixit, Darkmaster Gandling , Bolvar, T'jalik and more...) and improved heroes (Kel'thuzad and more...).

So, you're doing custom units and heroes. That's cool, but... Most custom campaigns do that to some extent, so you can't really say that the fact that you intend to do that as well is particularly exciting. Especially given the fact that you don't provide any examples or designs of new stuff that could get people interested.

Includes custom lore with few WOW lore elements.
Includes places from WOW.

If the campaign is based on WoW's story, the fact that it contains some custom & original lore elements and some "places from WoW" isn't really surprising - this feature is pretty much a given based on the setting.

---

And that's it.

Quite frankly, none of the features you've listed is intruiging or unique. What you've given us is a list of rather generic, standard features that could be attributed to like a half (or more) of custom campaigns ever announced on these forums. That's not very exciting.

To make it worse, you haven't provided any specifics. For example, if you said that you are going to make custom units and actually given some ideas you have for them or some spell designs, the whole thing could be a lot more interesting, especially if the designs themselves were somewhat unique and fun. But you didn't do that - you've just said that you're going to have custom units, which by itself doesn't really mean anything.

Add to that the fact that you don't show anything - like beautiful terrain, interesting tech tree designs, unique spells, advanced gameplay and mission mechanics or literally anything else that would make your campaign stand out among other projects, and it's not really a surprise that people aren't excited for it.

---

My advice to you is spend less time on worrying what people think and actually give them something to be excited about. Because right now, quite frankly, I cannot see anything like that in your project.

Last edited:
Level 5
Hey there! I played a lot of custom campaigns and this subject is really intresting, not only because it's undead, but also because main character is a mage. Cant wait to see more :),

Best regards

Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

In short, there isn't much to check out.

---

1. Your campaign is still very early in the development:

- You haven't provided any screenshots or a playable demo - people generally get more interested by stuff can play or at least see rather than a little bit of text. Moreover, showing off some terrain work or other WIP content provides meaningful topic to talk about and gives people more faith in the project.

- All you've given us is a pretty short story outline that by itself isn't really much to comment on or get excited by. And out of the text description you've provided, the most notable part of it - i.e. the feature list, also seems rather generic and uninspired.

- Also, was it not you who "delayed" his project after just having announced it? It was kinda silly and made your project look as if it has a low chance of being completed. Add to that the very low progress meter that isn't backed up by any visual or playable proof of your work and you get a project that simply doesn't look very promising.

2. The feature list is rather uninspiring:

None of which is playable or had any meaningful progress made to it. In other words, for now your campaign contains 0 missions (i.e. 0 playable content). It's not hard to see why people wouldn't get overly excited to play something that simply doesn't exist (yet).

So, you're doing custom units and heroes. That's cool, but... Most custom campaigns do that to some extent, so you can't really say that the fact that you intend to do that as well is particularly exciting. Especially given the fact that you don't provide any examples or designs of new stuff that could get people interested.

If the campaign is based on WoW's story, the fact that it contains some custom & original lore elements and some "places from WoW" isn't really surprising - this feature is pretty much a given based on the setting.

---

And that's it.

Quite frankly, none of the features you've listed is intruiging or unique. What you've given us is a list of rather generic, standard features that could be attributed to like a half (or more) of custom campaigns ever announced on these forums. That's not very exciting.

To make it worse, you haven't provided any specifics. For example, if you said that you are going to make custom units and actually given some ideas you have for them or some spell designs, the whole thing could be a lot more interesting, especially if the designs themselves were somewhat unique and fun. But you didn't do that - you've just said that you're going to have custom units, which by itself doesn't really mean anything.

Add to that the fact that you don't show anything - like beautiful terrain, interesting tech tree designs, unique spells, advanced gameplay and mission mechanics or literally anything else that would make your campaign stand out among other projects, and it's not really a surprise that people aren't excited for it.

---

My advice to you is spend less time on worrying what people think and actually give them something to be excited about. Because right now, quite frankly, I cannot see anything like that in your project.

I ain't even gonna argue on this one. I'm posting screenshots soon, just wait. The project is going slow, but I'm still gonna work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.