• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DDS not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I added this into my map.

Damage Engine 3.8.0.0

These are all the files I'm using from that map file.

Screenshot - d4e53db9362d366a4a4b56528e6f8d50 - Gyazo

• Chain Lightning Cast
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • IsDamageSpell Equal to True
          • (Current order of DamageEventSource) Equal to (Order(chainlightning))
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: yes
          • Unit - Add Grounded to DamageEventTarget
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: no

Unit indexer is untouched.

Screenshot - 047d87228f4c8c6e606b6cd8d6769260 - Gyazo

So when I use the chain lightning spell, it only sometimes activates the if statement.

Sometimes it's "yes" and sometimes "no"

I removed both IsDamageSpell, tested and also removed 'current order = to chain lightning' and it didn't make a difference. It only sometimes recognizes it. Any idea what I'm doing wrong. It's always running the trigger though, I checked with another message that's since been removed.

Also for some reason once I added this DDS, my vision modifiers don't activate on game start anymore.

Any insight would be very helpful thanks.

Edit: I just tested on the original map so I know it's not my map causing the issue. It works for a little while then breaks and stops even detecting if it's spell damage. It seems like if I use the chain ability then immediately move my character away as it's casting it causes it to break.

Last edited:
Level 17
A unit continues channeling a spell for a certain duration even if the casting is already done. You can interrupt this by just giving the unit a new order. So, if you cast your chain lightning and try to move your unit, the argument might not work because the damage instance comes in too late. (Just an idea)

Level 12
A unit continues channeling a spell for a certain duration even if the casting is already done. You can interrupt this by just giving the unit a new order. So, if you cast your chain lightning and try to move your unit, the argument might not work because the damage instance comes in too late. (Just an idea)

I removed the part checking the current order but it's still the same thing. I'm not sure what I should do about this.

Level 12
Well that means that it has to do sth with the value of IsDamageSpell, you might create a periodic trigger and show its value as debug message to see if and when it changes

IsDamageSpell is a boolean value. I've already got it set up to display a message 'yes' and 'no' when it fires and when it doesn't. But both the order 'chain lightning' and 'IsDamageSpell' are both not reading properly when the spell is casted.

Status
Not open for further replies.