• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Day Time Shadow Meld

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can somebody give/teach me how to give a unit Shadow Meld that is allowed at day time and night time? i would give rep to the one who will give me or teach me

Level 15
You must trigger it heavily. To make it only available in daytime you can either limit/unlimit the spell at daytime or remove/add tech-unit that is required.

When the spell is cast you create a dummy unit to cast invisibility on the unit.

Then you need another trigger to detect when the hero does a new order to break it. To break it, you have a few options I can think off. Give the unit a bearform ability and order it to morph into itself then remove that ability.

Level 22
To break it, you have a few options I can think off. Give the unit a bearform ability and order it to morph into itself then remove that ability.

Or you can use the Event - A unit stops casting an ability. But before that, create a custom channel-based Shadow Meld with 9999 follow through time. When the unit cast Shadow Meld, add a custom Permanent Invisibility with 0 fade time. When the unit stops casting the channel based Shadow Meld ability, remove the permanent invi.

Note that the Event runs when a unit's channeling gets interrupted or exceeded the follow through time.

Status
Not open for further replies.