• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DAtC v1.97c

• Angry
Reactions: T-s-G and Rui
DAtC is an AoS with entirely custom heros, abilities, and items.

Right now there are 31 heros and 110 items.

Please report any bugs you find.

UPDATES:

v1.92 updates:

-Small item tweaks.
-Some new ability models.
-Some new icons.
-A few new spells.

v1.93 updates:

-Fixed ALL of the hot keys and some descriptions.
-Minor bugs fixed.
-Fixed Ball ult.
-New icons.
-Feedback Aura tooltip fixed.
-fixed Mortal Angel's ult.
-Landshark abilities fixed.
-other tooltips fixed.
-random hero bugs fixed.
-rebalanced Samurai.
-New Spirit Caller ult.

v1.94 updates:

-Lightning Mage nerfed.
-Fixed Create Puppet.
-Various item changes.
-Fixed Mana Vortex.
-altered Flail Lord's ult.
-Increased damage dealt by most of the spells.
-New ult on Undead Warrior.
-Various bug fixes.
-fixed undead warrior ult + tooltip.
-increased damage dealt by Bounce.
-nerfed Elven Huntress.
-fixed Spirit Caller.
-creeps no longer stand around after certain spells.
-More Towers!
-All ults now have 2 levels.
-fixed arrow nova.

v1.95 updates:

-some abilities switched around.
-new ability on Landshark.
-optimized map.
-new icons.
-various bug fixes.
-Ball and Alchemist are being taken out and revised.
-item revisions.
-Items are now more sensible + cleaned up all item tooltips.
-Heros gain exp faster.
-new balance feature.
-fixed sword ult and rewind.

v1.96 updates:
-bug fixes.
-item revisions.
-new icons.
-new items.
-item balancing.
-hero revamps.
-new abilities.
-new ults.

v1.97 updates:

-New hero
-New spells
-New items
-Fixed bugs

Forum: http://www.clanbom.com/viewforum.php?f=9

Keywords:
Dissent, Among, the, Chosen, DAtC, AoS
Contents

DAtC v1.97c (Map)

Reviews
02:55, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved

EPW

EPW

Level 4
Here is my review:

Gameplay: 3/5
The gameplay, what the player does, was bland. It was an average AoS with nothing fancy nor anything great. I will give you a 3/5 for keeping it average. Please try to add more things, such as unit upgrades or something, to it.

Balance: 3/5
The balance of the units was also mediocre. The team two units seemed to have slight edge over the team one units, I didn't look at the stats, so maybe I am wrong, but thats what I could tell. The heroes also seemed a little imbalanced, the tower defense guy only had one spell worth a shit while the enchanted sword seemed to have all good spells. Just check that out and see if you can buff some heroes or nerf some please.

Visuals 3/5
The visuals also were pretty bland. The terrain needs a lot of spicing up (not too much, but you know what I mean.) and maybe making the spells a little bit more visual. I know you tried, but have slightly better spell visuals, and no, not like overdone visuals.

Bugs 3/5
Another thing, you seemed to have a very few bugs, but very big ones. Number one, when the game ends, it doesn't. We killed the enemy main base once, and, the game didn't end. Also, units seem to stick on the paths and not move. And finally, people have a hard time locating items, and sometimes, we never did find...0.o, just fix those bugs and you will be okay.

Other Points 4/5
The map name was nice, Dissent Among the Chosen which means Disagreement Among the Chosen. Also, like mentioned above, the items are very hard to locate and can make many people frustrated and leave. Finally, just balance the game a little bit better.

Overall [16/25]
3/5 Useful
The map was very bland, but it was fun to play with. The game can be very frustrating trying to locate items and the bugs can always put one at a disadvantage. Overall, this map could be useful to play.

Level 1
i found a few bugs
the scroll for the golems steed dont work
the crazy artist's paint can drop below 0,making it cannot get paint at all

Level 7
For starters what a great map! The terrain was excellent and the hero variety was very impressive. This has the potential to become very popular with community level support, so keep hosting it and consider setting up a dedicated website to cater for it. At the level your map is at only heaps of play time and feedback will increase its appeal. Oh and consider having someone Photoshop you up some preview art that includes the title :p

Level 17
I have to agree with oddsocks. This map was really refreshing in the all too know hole of AoS-maps. With enough bugfixes and balancing, this map as great potential to be popular.

One thing i can recommend is putting the dragon item shop on both sides of the map, as having a hidden shop on only one side gives an overpowered advantage.

Level 5
Every item can be found easily and can usually be found in the 2 basic item stores.

Also, I cannot change the heros without some concept of what needs to be changed about them. There is not one way to nerf a hero; and it can't be done with barely any information.

Also: typically, the only bug information I get is from this thread.

Also Also: Lol, new version.

Level 3
Bugs!

Hey, I found a couple bugs.
I was testing single player, and I was on Devout side. I chose Blight Elemental, then decided to restart. The problem was when I restarted, I chose Puppet Master, but the words in the parentheses that tell who you chose was messed up. It said (Blight Ele(Puppet Master). Also, the Puppet Master is way overpowered. Playing alone as the Puppet Master, I died only once and destroyed the enemy's building in 20 minutes.
Third, when I killed the main building, nothing happened. The building died, but the game didn't restart:)confused:), and the units kept spawning:)confused::confused:).
Is this a bug, or did I just not do something right? I don't want to post a bug just to find I didn't do something right in game.

Level 17
Hey, I found a couple bugs.
Also, the Puppet Master is way overpowered. Playing alone as the Puppet Master, I died only once and destroyed the enemy's building in 20 minutes.

I tested it against another player in a LAN-game, and if the puppet master weren't changed too much in the latest versions, i'd say she's underpowered except for the raise dead ability. The Skeleton mages have too less of a cooldown, as i could stand with autocast for 15 seconds and have an army of at least 10 summons, from just this ability.

The other abilities weren't that good, the puppet needs more damage and the Mirror Image thingie only dealt damage worth mentioning in the first minutes of the game. The ulti is fine, though the slow can be reduced a little.

My friend was playing the Sea Giant hero, and his ulti was impossible to hit us with, even when he actually hit me it dealt no damage. He tried using it the entire game, and only 1 time it dealt damage, but not enough to make a difference.
And yes, he is an experienced AoS player, so he knew the synergies of that hero.

Level 3
Hmm... I didn't actually get the Level 3 Raise Dead for puppet master until we were killing their main building.
Weird.

Level 3
Looks great, yeah still needs some fixing/balancing, and it definately can be tricky to find where to get everything for an item.

Boots recipes seem weird, Golem's steed didn't want to work at all and Ordinate would only work when I bought the actual recipe, not if I bought it then used it. Also it gave back the Ordinate boots recipe after I had made it. The %armor from the ordinate boots doesn't seem to work, unless that's all triggered through some sort of damage event thing

EDIT: btw, just played a game on singleplayer, destroyed the metalworks, nothing happened

3LF

3LF

Level 2
If anything, blight elemental is probably "the" overpowered hero. Maybe change the DoT effect of the blight into a regen debuff? Right now, she can drop blight on the towers and then just play defensively while they burn, I've covered the whole map in blight a few times against another player, and if the blight elemental doesn't do anything incredibly stupid, she's extremely hard to fight when this happens.

Level 3
Is there a unspoken rule to AoS games that they all must be abbreviated to four letters?

Game was not really that great. It was very slow (i have a good comp) and the file size was horrable.

Level 8
Ah....a fellow AOS maker....I tested it quick and you might want to fix the hero that changes from one element to the other...can't remember the name...The passive abilities granted by his elements sometimes stay when another element is gained and then you don't have an icon slot for your ulti....so you can't use it.....

K its my turn to work on the map, so heres my Agenda of what will be changed:

*Terrain: I see the terrain is overall very congested and conflicting in some areas. Ill make it a bit easier on your eyes an make the bases look a bit more like fortresses. Im not planning on changing the shape of the map so the lanes arent subject to change.

*Streamlining: Overall Im working on making the game run smoother with much less of the buildup lag which most likely comes from bad coding that leaks the spells (not much by itself but building up over the entire game could be the cause of the ongoing lag issues).

*Filesize: The map is huge (currently 4 mb) which leads to long dl time. There's only so much I can do, but I'm looking to cut down on some of the unnecessary size. Ive already removed the WEU references which should remove some of that.

*Bug Removal: Always something high on the list

*Hero Choosing: I'm working on a new method of selecting heroes which could be a bit more easy to select then before. If not it's a bit better looking then the standard hero tavern.