• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Data-Max Life Gained and Item Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
First of all i want to thank everyone who tries to answer my questions. :grin:

FIRST QUESTION

My first Question is i have a Ability and change the maxlife kinda data meaning: Data-Max Life Gained [wateva number]
and i changed it to have a few levels and i set each level to have more Max Life.
I also have a trigger sorta like this and this:
  • Giant Growth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Giant Growth
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_ggrowth
      • Set ggrowth = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Add Giant Growth dmg (+20) to ggrowth
      • Unit - Add Giant growth life (Lesser) to ggrowth
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Giant Growth dmg (+20) from ggrowth
      • Unit - Remove Giant growth life (Lesser) from ggrowth
      • Set ggrowth = No unit
and

• Giant Growth Up
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • ((Ability being cast) Equal to Giant Growth ) and (((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Giant Growth ) Equal to True)
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local unit udg_ggrowth
      • Set ggrowth = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Increase level of Giant Growth dmg (+20) for ggrowth
      • Unit - Increase level of Giant growth life (Lesser) for ggrowth
      • Wait 20.00 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Giant Growth dmg (+20) from ggrowth
      • Unit - Remove Giant growth life (Lesser) from ggrowth
      • Set ggrowth = No unit
Somehow when i cast the ability multiple times on a unit, although i can see that its Giant Growth dmg (+20) level increasing, the Giant growth life (Lesser) ability doesnt seem to increse the Max Life anymore, However when the 20 secs is up the unit's Max Life is decreased by the higher level of Giant growth life (Lesser) and the unit dies straight away.

Basicly i would like to know why the max life gained didnt increase with level although i has set it that way.

SECOND QUESTION

My second question which has nearly nothing to do with my first one, is what is the difference between Unit Abilities and Item Abilities?

Level 3
1) That's a glitch with the ability. A trick; add and remove an ability that gives the opposite of the right amount of life (the negative amount) to add the life, and one that gives the right amount of life (positive) to remove it.

2) no tooltips, etc

Well thanks purple, but for question one, can i add and then remove the ability instead of adding an ability that adds negative life?

Status
Not open for further replies.