• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add blight growth to buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I am trying to create a working upgrade that makes all buildings of the player begin to create blight around themselves, after an upgrade. So far I tried:

1. Added Blight Growth to all units that Requires the upgrade, added the used upgrade to all buildings.
Problem: Blight Growth ignores the requirement and create blight anyway. (check dependencies: True is not working)

2. To the ability added a second level and turned off 'create blight:true' to level 1; The upgrade will increase its level.
Problem: Now it doesn't create blight even when upgraded.

3. went back to 1 level and did this:
  • Upgrade Finish Path
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Stone Path
    • Actions
      • Set ResearchedPath[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = True
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Add Path Growth Small to (Picked unit)
  • Finish Construction Add Path
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
      • ResearchedPath[(Player number of (Owner of (Constructed structure)))] Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Path Growth Small to (Constructed structure)
Problem: not working

4. This is an idea but it's a lot of work and I really think there msut be another way. Add 'berserker upgrade'-based ability on each buildings that changes it to one with the blight growth. this means 30 copies of the buildings and 30 abilities, one for each. Also the workers have to be changed so that they build the new versions.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 21
What's not working in 3.?
Just quickly tested giving buildings blight via triggering and it worked.

On a second look:
Your event seems wrong - you need finishes a research, upgrade is for upgrades only.

In the future, add a debug msg to your actions to see if your Event-condition-action chain even fires.

A]mun said:
What's not working in 3.?
Just quickly tested giving buildings blight via triggering and it worked.

On a second look:
Your event seems wrong - you need finishes a research, upgrade is for upgrades only.

In the future, add a debug msg to your actions to see if your Event-condition-action chain even fires.
Oh, that's my mistake. Now that I changed it to research, it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.