Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Data Editor Fields: Units

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Tutorials' started by Ardnived, Apr 25, 2010.

1. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Acually, all of the above :D

And, i was hoping for some information about actors and turrets and other things, if those are applicable.

2. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh I will, that falls under the first category, I already have Abilities, and I plan to add a separate one for each of the objects in the Data Editor... well maybe not all, there are like 30 in there, but hopefully.

3. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Thats great. This has been really helpful.

4. Berethor

Berethor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I put a few units in my map, each with a different acquire target and I believe that passive makes the unit flee, but not attack the attacking unit ( a bit like what workers did in warcraft 3, not sure if they do in sc2 )

5. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am pretty sure that fleeing is determined by Response.

What did the unit with the Default Acquire Level set to none, do? Cause right now I have that as not attacking.

Hmm, unless passive makes them unable to acquire targets even if ordered, or vice versa.

EDIT:
    I have added Effect Data Fields to the series. Behaviours are next.

6. marlon919

marlon919

Resources:
    Resources:
    About the plane array, i saw just some comments, then made some tests, and yes, the field is used to classify it as "interactable" with air or ground. I checked ground on some phoenixes and air on a probe, and run the test, the phoenix attacked the probe at the ground and some Zealots attack the phoenix ( despite the fact they just swinged their blades on the air below the phoenix :D).

i'm not 100% sure since i'm still trying to adapt from word editor but i guess that the AI built category work like these:

Center: "town center" like command center, OC, Nexus etc...
    Defense: if is a bunker, turret, crawler, cannon like.
    Power: pylon, and phase prism when generating power field. And maybe even creep tumors. ( the energy providing of the pylon is more obvious but who knows).
    Standard: anything that don't fall on the other categories.

See, might this categories don't add the respective abilities to the buildings, but it happens because it's an AI dedicated field to increase the effective of the regular AI when facing custom races, and with proper configuration of all AI fields of units might even make unnecessary an custom one.

Like, an custom Xel'Naga player is facing an regular very hard Terran AI. With the AI fields correctly fill the AI will know that the "Xel'Naga Spiral Tower" is an super pylon that powers buildings on a huge range and then properly attack this unpowering the whole base.

any toughts?

7. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Excellent thanks :)

Added about the plane array.

That sounds right for the AI Build Category, however I checked all the units in the Data Editor, every single one has this field set to Center. :/

Perhaps it doesn't affect the regular AI, but idk.

8. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Very nice reference. Well put.

~Approved.

9. Grone

Grone

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can someone clarify "Inner Radius"?

What specifically is "interacting" with a building?

10. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One example of interacting would be attacking a building. For melee units, this would be the furthest from the building they can be and still attack it. For ranged units, there range would be measured from where this radius around the building ends.

However this is mostly speculation.

11. Fiery_Maelstrom

Fiery_Maelstrom

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Fields have all been categorized it seems and certain ones were changed from one category to another.

12. The World Is Flat

The World Is Flat

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    You've gained 1000 experience. lvl up. (this tut is awesome!)

13. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks TWIF :)

@Fiery,
    I see, with one of the patches I assume. Thats a pain, I really do need to expand this though and fix some of those up. It's a lot of work though, and this is the last few weeks of school. :) I'll try to get to fixing that up soon though.

Could really use some help from people Identifying the unidetified fields though. :)

14. SafeFail

SafeFail

Resources:
    Resources:
    Late response, but I'm sure people still check up on this (as well as myself) for general purposes.

Kill Resource
    - When the unit dies, this value affects the amount of resources the killing player is awarded in Custom/Minerals/Terrazine/Vespene.
    - By default, it's [0|0|0|0], and correspond to the resource in alphabetical structure.
    - Highest values move to the left but their resource order (Custom/Minerals/Terrazine/Vespene) in the editing field is unchanged.
    - In-game, when a killed unit awards resources, the value appears upon death for the killing player.

Stationary Turning Rate
    - When the unit is stationary, this value affects the rate it turns when it is assigned a command to a point or target.
    - The corresponding field in the editor is "Turning Rate", which applies to when the target is moving rather than stationary.

Collide
    - This value (I believe) decides whether the unit can converge into a type e.g. air. Seen when air units move together extremely tightly or on top of each other.
    - This value takes "Radius" into account for colliding together and won't collide with other types.

Seperation Radius
    - I find this only applies when air units are tightly clustered together while stationary. They won't seperate while moving, but will do so when they reach their location.
    - You can imagine this like in Warcraft 3 or Starcraft when you have one air unit being followed by an army of other air units; followers collide together until they stop, which is at that point they seperate.

15. Ardnived

Ardnived

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks SafeFail :),
    I added the information though I put a Needs Confirmation tag for the last two, just cause we aren't 100% on their relation.

Once I get GE again, I will expand the tutorial to include other fields that I have missed.

16. Xato13

Xato13

Resources:
    Resources:
    i think the power up cost + is the cost of Life/energy/shield then the unit do power up their attack (that's what happens then Void Rays beams get higher dmg while shooting longer at the same target)

And the power up effect is the effects then the units powers up,(like the void ray i mention gets increased dmg)

Powerup Filters
    I think it Decides what targets are eligible for the power up action.

Push Priority

For as far as i know so does it decide witch of the units blocking a moving unit that should be Prioritized for a unit push

I think this guide is useful so + rep to you=)

17. maskedpoptart

maskedpoptart

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    @Ardnived
    Vision Height also decides what height the unit's eyes are relative to line-of-sight blockers. If the vision height is above 0, the unit will be able to see over ground LOS blockers. If 0, the unit's vision will be blocked by ground LOS blockers.

Edit: It also affects how the unit sees over terrain that's above its current terrain height.

18. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, the powerups are basically where a unit will apply an effect if another unit right clicks it. Powerup filters are what targets can use the powerup, cost is how much whatever it costs to use the powerup, and the effect is the effect that is applied.

Incorrect. Strafe Radius determines the maximum distance the unit will fly from its target when using a strafe-type weapon. The "Leash" value on the hanger ability determines the maximum distance :eek:

19. Dakadoon

Dakadoon

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm no expert, but I would say that Add-on Offset X and Add-on Offset Y refer to the distance from the core unit an add-on will be built. Positive values would probably go right/down, and negatives values would go left/up.

20. Ash Darkside

Ash Darkside

Resources:
    Resources:
    I was looking for something like this, +rep.
    I'll start testing and see if I can fill or confirm some of the data here.