• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Data Editor - Building Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey all, I have been trying to understand exactly how the Data Editor works, and I have ran into a few issues, and was wondering if any of you knew the answers, or if the content hasn't been released yet.

My main issue at the moment is trying to find the resource requirements for building a structure. I have not found fields which control how many/much Minerals/Vespene Gas/Terrazine/Time a building requires to build/warp/mutate into.

Another issue I am having is locating the fields which control what an ability, let's say the Generate Creep skill for the Overlord, requires the player to possess before the skill is available. In the Generate Creep case, you require a Lair to use it. I would like to know how to change/remove this requirement, and I have failed to find the field after a few hours of searching.

Any information you all may have will help, thanks in advance.

Level 3
Some of the fields that used to belong to units now appear in the abilities area.

For example, if you look at the SCV theres no listing of requirements to make various buildings. If you go to the ability, SCV-build and click on one of the buildings, it pulls up a long list of values. You will need to scroll down. One of them is requirements. It will say something like "Have Barracks" or "Learned Seige Tech". You can change them from there. Scroll down a little more you'll find the cost. It will list minerals, energy, gas, and other custom resources. Further down you will find time to build/train and what is actually built. Sorry most of my experience is with buildings, but the abilties are similar.

Level 2
Some of the fields that used to belong to units now appear in the abilities area.

For example, if you look at the SCV theres no listing of requirements to make various buildings. If you go to the ability, SCV-build and click on one of the buildings, it pulls up a long list of values. You will need to scroll down. One of them is requirements. It will say something like "Have Barracks" or "Learned Seige Tech". You can change them from there. Scroll down a little more you'll find the cost. It will list minerals, energy, gas, and other custom resources. Further down you will find time to build/train and what is actually built. Sorry most of my experience is with buildings, but the abilties are similar.

I knew it was something obvious, thanks a lot man. +rep :D

Status
Not open for further replies.