• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarknessChasersIIV1.5

DarknessChasers 2
V1.5

The map:
Choose one of the eight Heroes to rise up against the cruel dictator Death itself. Fight through 7 unique and different different levels, collect legendary items and kill dozens of hordes of undead creatures with up to 4 players! These are the Heroes who volunteer for the job:

138114-albums2567-picture21056.jpg

Features:
- completely custom map.
- new enemies to bash on.
- 9 custom and unique Heroes.
- triggered and unique abilities.
- supports tactical thinking:
* Use traps to your advantage.
* Some abilities work more effective when used in combos.
- max level is now 20.
- new item system:
* You can carry only 1 weapon at a time.
* You can carry only 1 body armor at a time.
* You can carry only 1 shield at a time.
* Stackable items system.
- max hero level is 20.
- difficulty system based on:
* amount of players in the game.
* optional modes (Easy, Hard).
- dozens of custom items and each one unique.
- imported stuff.

necromancer.jpg

This map is open source and must stay open source.
You may use this map in any way as long if you give me Credits and Credits to the following list:

Credits (also in Quest log):
b17rider for Abomination
EvilYardGnome for Warden
FlaminG-HunteR for Mountain King
Hueter for Blademaster
13LUR for EredarRed
HappyTauren for Lich
General Frank for Orc Crossbowman
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
crl for the BloodTarget effect
Tranquil for Snipe Target Green
SantoRayo[iP] for the ghosts model
SantoRayo[iP] for the blood model
Hellish Hybrid for the ShipDebree model
Hellish Hybrid for the Chainpost model
Pyritie for the mist model
DevineArmy for the ghostaura model
Shield Pack by Happy Tauren
Chaos Axe 01 by Pyramidhe@d
RoundShield by -SkatinG_CoW-
Wooden Shield by Xcisso
Thrikodius for many weapon attachments
Rod of Necromancy by NhazUl
crystalsword by Mc !
hiny steel Sword by DerReaper2
Scroll Red by EviL_BuddhA
Potion models by Ket
BlackWidow by Dan van Ohllus
Darknessaura by Racorclaw X?
Comet by WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Felguard by Dionesiist
+ many thanks for all the Splendid Icons!
++ for the handy item editor made by PatruX

I've decreased the filesize severely, changed the Felhound Rider to Felguard which is slower but tougher, fixed an arena bug a little, fixed the Radiation Cloud bugs and added Hero glows for the Heroes who first didn't have one. And now only skeletons are marked as undead.

Difficulty increase lowered. Added a new Hero. Potions cheaper and less cooldown. More gold coins can be found. Added random unit groups for stage 1. It's now easier to choose a hero. Added 2 additional camera views (see the quest log for more info). Added an easy gamemode. Made the Minor & Lesser Replenishment Potions stackable. Fire traps work better now. Added a timer for Skeleton Throwers. I've fixed a lot of bugs and reduced lag.

Added an Ultimate for every Hero. Improved/balanced difficulty in some areas. Spiderlings can be seen better when coming out of a Hive.

The arena stays open after you won all the matches. Battle against Death itself is more epic. Added a stash for all players, that moves along with the player Hero, acts as a backpack. Improved tower system.

Small update which adds an extra camera mode which is basically the same camera view as DarknessChaser's default, but this one enables you to zoom in, zoom out and rotate.

Please comment: give usefull comments, critic and ideas and I will update the map. Have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Keywords:
Warchasers, Warchasers 2, Warchasers II, Warchasers2, WarchasersII, Darknesschasers, Darknesschasers II, DarknesschasersII, Hack & Slash, rpg, coo
Contents

DarknessChasersIIV1.5 (Map)

Reviews
14:07, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 3
Hey Spectre,

I just played through your map single player with the Felguard hero (altered sven), and there were several things that I noticed:

1) The arena is rather bugged - numerous times i was ported out when I hadn't finished it.

2) The way the towers are implemented could be improved - if possible, make the oldest tower die instead of the new one. Its quite annoying to have to run back to delete tower (unless this can be done with camera change - didn't look into that).

3) Can you open the arena once it is passed? There were some items there that I wanted, and I still had a tower there (see point 2).

4) Only one gem or whatever they were dropped, so I couldn't make the best crit weapon. Perhaps consider selling the drops somewhere?

5) The main boss needs to do more stuff. Is he only able to summon? I passed him on the first try in single player, on whatever difficulty it starts on. And I was only lvl 18.

6) Consider an option to have an item carrier? Its a bit annoying to have to run back an look for an item to craft something, or to not have space for extra pots :(

7) A bit longer? Was really good, just didn't get a sense of epicness in playing it.

The ulti for Felguard is ok, stats are always nice. As I was alone, I never took the net, so I can't comment on that.

Level 17
Hey Spectre,

I just played through your map single player with the Felguard hero (altered sven), and there were several things that I noticed:

1) The arena is rather bugged - numerous times i was ported out when I hadn't finished it.

2) The way the towers are implemented could be improved - if possible, make the oldest tower die instead of the new one. Its quite annoying to have to run back to delete tower (unless this can be done with camera change - didn't look into that).

3) Can you open the arena once it is passed? There were some items there that I wanted, and I still had a tower there (see point 2).

4) Only one gem or whatever they were dropped, so I couldn't make the best crit weapon. Perhaps consider selling the drops somewhere?

5) The main boss needs to do more stuff. Is he only able to summon? I passed him on the first try in single player, on whatever difficulty it starts on. And I was only lvl 18.

6) Consider an option to have an item carrier? Its a bit annoying to have to run back an look for an item to craft something, or to not have space for extra pots :(

7) A bit longer? Was really good, just didn't get a sense of epicness in playing it.

The ulti for Felguard is ok, stats are always nice. As I was alone, I never took the net, so I can't comment on that.
, why thank you for your feedback :). Answers:
1) I aware of that, I'm not so good at creating arena triggers and I asked people who helped me to remove the mayor bugs, I just don't know how to fix that bug.
2) Yeah your right, I will look into it and see what I can do, I might need help though with the trigger.
3) Of course, will be included in next version.
4) That is because they consist of random drops, sometimes you get more, sometimes less, it adds variety and in this way people won't always use the same weapons over and over again. I probably won't add a shop for this because they work a bit like secrets:
some specific barrels and crates have a chance to drop recipe ~ingredients, so if you want to have a bigger chance of finding them, look carefully for all barrels and crates

5) He has ~4 abilities but somehow he doesn't use them, since I'm no star at creating triggers which force AI to cast abilities, I'll see if I can give him some auto-cast abilities.
6) Good tip, I will think about it.
7) You'll get that sense of epicness when you're playing part 3 (which I'm working on atm), also for this reason I won't make part 2 (/this map) longer but you can expect part 3 after somewhile.

Level 15
I tried your new map with ults and i love cuz demon is now str.He have taunt and he was agi.xD
Ults are very good but all heroes have passive ults?And black spider skin is very bad for me .^^

Level 17
I tried your new map with ults and i love cuz demon is now str.He have taunt and he was agi.xD
Ults are very good but all heroes have passive ults?And black spider skin is very bad for me .^^
, tnx for feedback, some heroes have active (e.g. Thor, Skeleton Warden), most have passives. Is the black spider skin bad for your health :O? or do you think I should look for a better quality skin?

Level 28
Hm, I didn't quite love the map, it's not bad, but not very good either.
I won't post a review anyway, so don't expect one (rating would be about 2/5 - 3/5, edging towards 2/5 if you'd like to know).

The map isn't really open source either: only the terrain and objects are there, but all triggers are gone.
You protected the map so the triggers do not show, meaning it is protected - a map cannot be protected and open source at the same time, you'll have to choose (I would go for open source myself).

Approved though.

Level 17
Hm, I didn't quite love the map, it's not bad, but not very good either.
I won't post a review anyway, so don't expect one (rating would be about 2/5 - 3/5, edging towards 2/5 if you'd like to know).

The map isn't really open source either: only the terrain and objects are there, but all triggers are gone.
You protected the map so the triggers do not show, meaning it is protected - a map cannot be protected and open source at the same time, you'll have to choose (I would go for open source myself).

Approved though.
, I didn't protect it, just optimized it. Didn't know that optimizing removes triggers as well.

Level 6
I just played your map, and I must say I was kinda bored tbh, didn't finish it, played for about hour. I started it as 4 player team, then I was only with friend when other 2 guys left.

The hero I played, the Felguard one, felt like unfinished hero with very random skills - Taunt is supposed to be tank skill,but yet he has summons, and no other tanking skills (only ulti giving some weak armor boost). His only good skill was imo Felhouds, which added some damage, yet I don't mean it fits tank role. Energy Ball bonus hp regen wasn't really noticeable, Shackle was very useless skill, especially thought there are A LOT OF monsters, and this skill means self-disable to disable only one creep. Tower did very little damage.

My friend played Warden, and he told me he mostly had disables, and the Hex one was imba vs Firelord "boss" - he got permahexed which is very bad (even considering "boss" was very uninspired auto-attacker, and even weaker than some creeps).

Other thing is that some places are too tight, and it's very annoying to get to creepspawners in corridors, when just 1 creep is blocking. Creeps have rather high hp, and they are took down slowly, especially that we had no AoE and nearly no nukes.

Also items which can be bought are rather weak and expensive, while there are a lot of "+1 to all stats books", dropping from each creepspawners.

To conclude, your map is imo beta map, disguised as finished map. There is some potential, but it definately needs a lot of work to be done. Imported models are not the thing which makes map good, it's the gameplay and entertainment it provides, which your map is lacking at the moment imo.

I suggest, that you should base heroes on certain roles and concepts, and improve the abilities. I saw nothing much triggered in them, and I'm mapmaker myself. Also give more detail to their descriptions. Good hero concepts are one of the most important things in this kind maps, if they are either plain boring to play or just feel weak, the entertainment factor goes down.

As for now I would give your map 2/5, just because it's playable and has some potential. I won't rate it yet though, I'll wait for your answer and probably check it with other heroes, but I don't think I will change my mind. If your map is unfinished/beta you should state it clearly.