1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DarknessChasersIIV1.5

Submitted by [K40$]-Spectre
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
DarknessChasers 2
V1.5

The map:
Choose one of the eight Heroes to rise up against the cruel dictator Death itself. Fight through 7 unique and different different levels, collect legendary items and kill dozens of hordes of undead creatures with up to 4 players! These are the Heroes who volunteer for the job:

The Heroes
[​IMG]

Features:
- completely custom map.
- new enemies to bash on.
- 9 custom and unique Heroes.
- triggered and unique abilities.
- supports tactical thinking:
* Use traps to your advantage.
* Some abilities work more effective when used in combos.
- max level is now 20.
- new item system:
* You can carry only 1 weapon at a time.
* You can carry only 1 body armor at a time.
* You can carry only 1 shield at a time.
* Stackable items system.
- max hero level is 20.
- difficulty system based on:
* amount of players in the game.
* optional modes (Easy, Hard).
- dozens of custom items and each one unique.
- imported stuff.

[​IMG]

This map is open source and must stay open source.
You may use this map in any way as long if you give me Credits and Credits to the following list:

Credits
Credits (also in Quest log):
b17rider for Abomination
EvilYardGnome for Warden
FlaminG-HunteR for Mountain King
Hueter for Blademaster
13LUR for EredarRed
HappyTauren for Lich
General Frank for Orc Crossbowman
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
crl for the BloodTarget effect
Tranquil for Snipe Target Green
SantoRayo[iP] for the ghosts model
SantoRayo[iP] for the blood model
Hellish Hybrid for the ShipDebree model
Hellish Hybrid for the Chainpost model
Pyritie for the mist model
DevineArmy for the ghostaura model
Shield Pack by Happy Tauren
Chaos Axe 01 by Pyramidhe@d
RoundShield by -SkatinG_CoW-
Wooden Shield by Xcisso
Thrikodius for many weapon attachments
Rod of Necromancy by NhazUl
crystalsword by Mc !
hiny steel Sword by DerReaper2
Scroll Red by EviL_BuddhA
Potion models by Ket
BlackWidow by Dan van Ohllus
Darknessaura by Racorclaw X?
Comet by WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Felguard by Dionesiist
+ many thanks for all the Splendid Icons!
++ for the handy item editor made by PatruX

Update1

I've decreased the filesize severely, changed the Felhound Rider to Felguard which is slower but tougher, fixed an arena bug a little, fixed the Radiation Cloud bugs and added Hero glows for the Heroes who first didn't have one. And now only skeletons are marked as undead.

Update2

Difficulty increase lowered. Added a new Hero. Potions cheaper and less cooldown. More gold coins can be found. Added random unit groups for stage 1. It's now easier to choose a hero. Added 2 additional camera views (see the quest log for more info). Added an easy gamemode. Made the Minor & Lesser Replenishment Potions stackable. Fire traps work better now. Added a timer for Skeleton Throwers. I've fixed a lot of bugs and reduced lag.

Update3

Added an Ultimate for every Hero. Improved/balanced difficulty in some areas. Spiderlings can be seen better when coming out of a Hive.

Update4

The arena stays open after you won all the matches. Battle against Death itself is more epic. Added a stash for all players, that moves along with the player Hero, acts as a backpack. Improved tower system.

Update5

Small update which adds an extra camera mode which is basically the same camera view as DarknessChaser's default, but this one enables you to zoom in, zoom out and rotate.

Please comment: give usefull comments, critic and ideas and I will update the map. Have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Keywords:
Warchasers, Warchasers 2, Warchasers II, Warchasers2, WarchasersII, Darknesschasers, Darknesschasers II, DarknesschasersII, Hack & Slash, rpg, coo
Contents

DarknessChasersIIV1.5 (Map)

Reviews
14:07, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. 14:07, 13th Jan 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream

Resources:
    Resources:
    holy shit this is a imba game i like it 5/5

3. VampireofBlood

VampireofBlood

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @:ACdestinydream

Do you even know what Imba means?
    Imba = Imbalanced.
    And i don't think it is imbalanced.
    I guess you mean an Epic map ;)
    I like it really much too btw :p
    4/5 cause no map is perfect

4. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is very hard man,fix it!!! Was
    Tryed new version and its very good.Pls change baldemaster cyborg and butcher robot.I hate future things in wc3!!!

5. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comments :)

, I'm glad you liked it. By imba do you mean imbalanced? If yes, please tell me what I could change/improve.

, thanks, I agree that no map is perfect. Still, I'll try to get as near as possible to perfection.

, did you try the gamecodes (you can find them at the quest log)? At the moment only the code -loot makes the map easier by increasing monster drops, shall I add more gamecodes which decrease the map's difficulty? As for the cyborg and the robot, do you hate only the models (/how they look) or also their abilities?

6. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    My friend and i was playing.When we get into arena(we killed lich) we cant find any key.

7. FrozenFenrir

FrozenFenrir

Resources:
    Resources:
    just because YOU hate it doesnt mean it doesnt fit into the map.
    ever heard of steampunk?
    @[K40$]-Spectre: dont listen to ppl like him.
    the fit pretty well imo.
    i tried the map once (and only short) with the robot butcher and....hes pretty bugged.
    his radiate cloud passe doesnt seem to do any dmg(i wasnt sure so i tried whosyourdaddy but it didnt do anything...maybe it only hits LIVING units and the enemies seem to be all UD =/)
    and after getting lvl2 of this rampage-like skill(forgot the name...it was like the ulti of the beastmaster+ should improve the radiate cloud passive)
    my cloud skill completely dissapeared.

8. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream

Resources:
    Resources:
    no i didnt mean imbalanced, meant epic =D. epic epic epic. only 1 word. EPIC!!!!!

9. Narrat0r

Narrat0r

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a map I've been looking for. Pure mindless hack'n'slash, like Warchasers. 5/5 +rep

10. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , I'm working on an update which hopefully will make the arena bugless, thanks for telling +rep.

, Blizzard chosed that disease cloud can only effect non-undead, radiation cloud is based off it so I don't really know how to fix it except for basing it of another ability, anyone ideas? I'll look into triggers for the radiation field (the stampede one) bug. Thanks for bug report :D, +rep.

, woot, thanks

, thanks :)

As I mentioned earlier, the update I'm working will remove as much bugs as possible, and decrease the filesize. That means I have some space left, what do you think I should add or should I leave the space alone so the map is more downloading friendly?

11. Wolf the ultimate

Wolf the ultimate

Resources:
    Resources:
    Man, the map is full with bugs! Bugs, bugsters, bugsterians!!! Shit and lol! You must fix it right away!!!

12. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , did you try this new version? It has a few bug fixes. If you find anymore please say it so I can fix them, at the moment I'm only aware of the arena bug and I'm working on it.

13. Tortured Souls

Tortured Souls

Resources:
    Resources:
    i made a little better version of your minimap~[​IMG]

14. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , that's very nice of you, +rep for you. Though, the reason why my minimap image looks ugly in terms of detail and sharpness is because it has a small resolution, saving space for the map. Your minimap image looks much sharper but also weights more than twice as much.

15. thehuhu

thehuhu

Resources:
    Resources:
    I finished this map alone, didn't saw no bugs(4 spawn point where invisible) but let people chose the camera mode. It s a good map.

16. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! U changed fel rider model into fel guard.Noo.He was my favourite hero and model in game.Pls can u change him back ?????
    U ll have more heroes?(plsss)

17. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    , thanks, I'll add a camera system if you guys want, which views do you want?

, he was taking a lot of space as a model since I couldn't squish his model cause it's portrait is another mdx and than you would see no portrait when I squish the model. If someone merges the model and portrait in 1 mdx I could squish it and than I will import him back and turn it back as it was. The felguard (the model as now seen) will probably be a new hero. This is the model I'm talking about http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/fel-orc-felhound-rider-48411/?prev=search%3Dfel%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20, if someone could do this +rep for him/her.

18. ACdestinydream

ACdestinydream

Resources:
    Resources:
    btw, played 10 rounds and i found out: couldnt find the hero at first
    theres a bug: if u use the wardens banish 'or what that teles and stuns' onto gnolls u will get fatal.
    guess putting those banshees at the fireplace is a stupid idea, cuase we go to fireplace and fight with them

19. [K40$]-Spectre

[K40$]-Spectre

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I just noticed two bugs, one with the dragons near the arena that are almost dead and one that the illusions that are being cast by Mirror Image (a Warden's ability) don't deal damage at all. These bugs will be fixed in the next version.

, which hero do you mean?

, I just tested all the Warden's abilities on the gnolls at the beginning and I didn't see any bug, or did you meant something else?

, which fireplace do you mean? The second stage with all the firetraps?