• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarknessChasersIIV1.5

DarknessChasers 2
V1.5

The map:
Choose one of the eight Heroes to rise up against the cruel dictator Death itself. Fight through 7 unique and different different levels, collect legendary items and kill dozens of hordes of undead creatures with up to 4 players! These are the Heroes who volunteer for the job:

138114-albums2567-picture21056.jpg

Features:
- completely custom map.
- new enemies to bash on.
- 9 custom and unique Heroes.
- triggered and unique abilities.
- supports tactical thinking:
* Use traps to your advantage.
* Some abilities work more effective when used in combos.
- max level is now 20.
- new item system:
* You can carry only 1 weapon at a time.
* You can carry only 1 body armor at a time.
* You can carry only 1 shield at a time.
* Stackable items system.
- max hero level is 20.
- difficulty system based on:
* amount of players in the game.
* optional modes (Easy, Hard).
- dozens of custom items and each one unique.
- imported stuff.

necromancer.jpg

This map is open source and must stay open source.
You may use this map in any way as long if you give me Credits and Credits to the following list:

Credits (also in Quest log):
b17rider for Abomination
EvilYardGnome for Warden
FlaminG-HunteR for Mountain King
Hueter for Blademaster
13LUR for EredarRed
HappyTauren for Lich
General Frank for Orc Crossbowman
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
crl for the BloodTarget effect
Tranquil for Snipe Target Green
SantoRayo[iP] for the ghosts model
SantoRayo[iP] for the blood model
Hellish Hybrid for the ShipDebree model
Hellish Hybrid for the Chainpost model
Pyritie for the mist model
DevineArmy for the ghostaura model
Shield Pack by Happy Tauren
Chaos Axe 01 by Pyramidhe@d
RoundShield by -SkatinG_CoW-
Wooden Shield by Xcisso
Thrikodius for many weapon attachments
Rod of Necromancy by NhazUl
crystalsword by Mc !
hiny steel Sword by DerReaper2
Scroll Red by EviL_BuddhA
Potion models by Ket
BlackWidow by Dan van Ohllus
Darknessaura by Racorclaw X?
Comet by WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Felguard by Dionesiist
+ many thanks for all the Splendid Icons!
++ for the handy item editor made by PatruX

I've decreased the filesize severely, changed the Felhound Rider to Felguard which is slower but tougher, fixed an arena bug a little, fixed the Radiation Cloud bugs and added Hero glows for the Heroes who first didn't have one. And now only skeletons are marked as undead.

Difficulty increase lowered. Added a new Hero. Potions cheaper and less cooldown. More gold coins can be found. Added random unit groups for stage 1. It's now easier to choose a hero. Added 2 additional camera views (see the quest log for more info). Added an easy gamemode. Made the Minor & Lesser Replenishment Potions stackable. Fire traps work better now. Added a timer for Skeleton Throwers. I've fixed a lot of bugs and reduced lag.

Added an Ultimate for every Hero. Improved/balanced difficulty in some areas. Spiderlings can be seen better when coming out of a Hive.

The arena stays open after you won all the matches. Battle against Death itself is more epic. Added a stash for all players, that moves along with the player Hero, acts as a backpack. Improved tower system.

Small update which adds an extra camera mode which is basically the same camera view as DarknessChaser's default, but this one enables you to zoom in, zoom out and rotate.

Please comment: give usefull comments, critic and ideas and I will update the map. Have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Keywords:
Warchasers, Warchasers 2, Warchasers II, Warchasers2, WarchasersII, Darknesschasers, Darknesschasers II, DarknesschasersII, Hack & Slash, rpg, coo
Contents

DarknessChasersIIV1.5 (Map)

Reviews
14:07, 13th Jan 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
Level 15
This map is very hard man,fix it!!! Was
Tryed new version and its very good.Pls change baldemaster cyborg and butcher robot.I hate future things in wc3!!!

Level 17
Thanks for the comments :)

holy shit this is a imba game i like it 5/5
, I'm glad you liked it. By imba do you mean imbalanced? If yes, please tell me what I could change/improve.

I guess you mean an Epic map ;)
I like it really much too btw :p
4/5 cause no map is perfect
, thanks, I agree that no map is perfect. Still, I'll try to get as near as possible to perfection.

Tryed new version and its very good.Pls change baldemaster cyborg and butcher robot.I hate future things in wc3!!!
, did you try the gamecodes (you can find them at the quest log)? At the moment only the code -loot makes the map easier by increasing monster drops, shall I add more gamecodes which decrease the map's difficulty? As for the cyborg and the robot, do you hate only the models (/how they look) or also their abilities?

Level 1

just because YOU hate it doesnt mean it doesnt fit into the map.
ever heard of steampunk?
@[K40$]-Spectre: dont listen to ppl like him.
the fit pretty well imo.
i tried the map once (and only short) with the robot butcher and....hes pretty bugged.
his radiate cloud passe doesnt seem to do any dmg(i wasnt sure so i tried whosyourdaddy but it didnt do anything...maybe it only hits LIVING units and the enemies seem to be all UD =/)
and after getting lvl2 of this rampage-like skill(forgot the name...it was like the ulti of the beastmaster+ should improve the radiate cloud passive)
my cloud skill completely dissapeared.

Level 17
My friend and i was playing.When we get into arena(we killed lich) we cant find any key.
, I'm working on an update which hopefully will make the arena bugless, thanks for telling +rep.

i tried the map once (and only short) with the robot butcher and....hes pretty bugged.
his radiate cloud passe doesnt seem to do any dmg(i wasnt sure so i tried whosyourdaddy but it didnt do anything...maybe it only hits LIVING units and the enemies seem to be all UD =/)
and after getting lvl2 of this rampage-like skill(forgot the name...it was like the ulti of the beastmaster+ should improve the radiate cloud passive)
my cloud skill completely dissapeared.
, Blizzard chosed that disease cloud can only effect non-undead, radiation cloud is based off it so I don't really know how to fix it except for basing it of another ability, anyone ideas? I'll look into triggers for the radiation field (the stampede one) bug. Thanks for bug report :D, +rep.

no i didnt mean imbalanced, meant epic =D. epic epic epic. only 1 word. EPIC!!!!!
, woot, thanks

This is a map I've been looking for. Pure mindless hack'n'slash, like Warchasers. 5/5 +rep
, thanks :)

As I mentioned earlier, the update I'm working will remove as much bugs as possible, and decrease the filesize. That means I have some space left, what do you think I should add or should I leave the space alone so the map is more downloading friendly?

Level 1
I finished this map alone, didn't saw no bugs(4 spawn point where invisible) but let people chose the camera mode. It s a good map.

Level 15
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! U changed fel rider model into fel guard.Noo.He was my favourite hero and model in game.Pls can u change him back ?????
U ll have more heroes?(plsss)

Level 17
I finished this map alone, didn't saw no bugs(4 spawn point where invisible) but let people chose the camera mode. It s a good map.
, thanks, I'll add a camera system if you guys want, which views do you want?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! U changed fel rider model into fel guard.Noo.He was my favourite hero and model in game.Pls can u change him back ?????
U ll have more heroes?(plsss)
, he was taking a lot of space as a model since I couldn't squish his model cause it's portrait is another mdx and than you would see no portrait when I squish the model. If someone merges the model and portrait in 1 mdx I could squish it and than I will import him back and turn it back as it was. The felguard (the model as now seen) will probably be a new hero. This is the model I'm talking about http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/fel-orc-felhound-rider-48411/?prev=search%3Dfel%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20, if someone could do this +rep for him/her.

Level 9
btw, played 10 rounds and i found out: couldnt find the hero at first
theres a bug: if u use the wardens banish 'or what that teles and stuns' onto gnolls u will get fatal.
guess putting those banshees at the fireplace is a stupid idea, cuase we go to fireplace and fight with them

Level 17
I just noticed two bugs, one with the dragons near the arena that are almost dead and one that the illusions that are being cast by Mirror Image (a Warden's ability) don't deal damage at all. These bugs will be fixed in the next version.

btw, played 10 rounds and i found out: couldnt find the hero at first
, which hero do you mean?

theres a bug: if u use the wardens banish 'or what that teles and stuns' onto gnolls u will get fatal.
, I just tested all the Warden's abilities on the gnolls at the beginning and I didn't see any bug, or did you meant something else?

guess putting those banshees at the fireplace is a stupid idea, cuase we go to fireplace and fight with them
, which fireplace do you mean? The second stage with all the firetraps?

Level 9
[K40$]-Spectre;1419331 said:
I just noticed two bugs, one with the dragons near the arena that are almost dead and one that the illusions that are being cast by Mirror Image (a Warden's ability) don't deal damage at all. These bugs will be fixed in the next version.

, which hero do you mean?

u know those hero choosers? my teammates were very impatient, they didnt saw the hero chooser and they almost wna quit... put them nearer.

, I just tested all the Warden's abilities on the gnolls at the beginning and I didn't see any bug, or did you meant something else?

the giant red gnoll. i went to use the skill on him and i got a fatal. hes near the market.

, which fireplace do you mean? The second stage with all the firetraps?

yes. the passage is narrow and the banshees can act as a cover for the miniboss. thats where i always loses. and, those things coming out of portal with more than 1k lives are really painful. our whole party took 5 mins just to kill 4 of them -.-

Level 17
I found another bug which will be fixed in the next version; warden can't attack with orbs. Also, in the next version I'll try to create random enemy groups so you'll have more variety. Each time you'll play, enemies that are not spawned will be different (except for bosses of course). I'm also thinking of adding heroes but before I can do that I need someone to merge the two mdx's of the Felhound rider model. I'm going to ask General Frank since he made it, but I don't know if he has spare time of course.

u know those hero choosers? my teammates were very impatient, they didnt saw the hero chooser and they almost wna quit... put them nearer.
, ok I'll.

the giant red gnoll. i went to use the skill on him and i got a fatal. hes near the market.
, I used every skill and every combo with the Warden on the red gnoll and everything worked fine.

yes. the passage is narrow and the banshees can act as a cover for the miniboss. thats where i always loses. and, those things coming out of portal with more than 1k lives are really painful. our whole party took 5 mins just to kill 4 of them -.-
, well, the whole map is not realistic, or do you meant you make usage of the traps? Cause my intention was that you make usage of the traps. And do you mean the stormcaller? If yes, try to destroy the portal first and try to stun/silence her so she can't cast Death Coil and attack.

Level 15
Can u tell me what 2 do when u get in arena?I was playing with my friends and i was Demon[Hes dead now cuz of u )= ] ,1 was Thor and 1 was warden.When we killed Lich we pass through portal and we arrived in some kind of arena.I stepped on circle and join in arena but my friends cant join 2.I killed all flesh golems and mummies.After that i didnt find any key or portal or i didnt go back 2 my friends.Doors didnt opened.Why and help!!?????

Level 17
u cant use traps... they will trap u instead
, sure you can use the fire traps against them, if you're melee it's more difficult but with a ranged hero I do it most the time. Just be sure to lure them. In the attachment you can find the new starting place, I hope you like it :).

Can u tell me what 2 do when u get in arena?I was playing with my friends and i was Demon[Hes dead now cuz of u )= ] ,1 was Thor and 1 was warden.When we killed Lich we pass through portal and we arrived in some kind of arena.I stepped on circle and join in arena but my friends cant join 2.I killed all flesh golems and mummies.After that i didnt find any key or portal or i didnt go back 2 my friends.Doors didnt opened.Why and help!!?????
, the arena is bugged as hell, I've already opened a thread about it http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/help-plz-arena-triggers-153865/. This is my first time I create an arena so I don't really know what's messing it up. The arena has 4 matches, the first one start when you enter the circle of power and everyone will be teleported into the arena. When you kill every monster you will be teleported back to the shops and you'll have 1 minute to buy stuff etc. and than you'll be teleported back into the arena and match 2 starts. This goes on till all the monsters of match 4 have been killed and than you'll be teleported back to the shops and the gate to the south will be open so you can continue.

Attachments

• ChooseHeroPlace.jpg
    ChooseHeroPlace.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
Level 15
Pls change models of robot and cyborg.I hate all things that goes with future in wc3.(plsss)And can we finish this map with that bugged arena?If u cant "unbug"arena u can delete it!

Level 17
Pls change models of robot and cyborg.I hate all things that goes with future in wc3.(plsss)And can we finish this map with that bugged arena?If u cant "unbug"arena u can delete it!
, probably not because they fit their abilities and look good for their size. But I'll probably add new heroes which won't be steampunk like. Also, when the Felhound Rider weights less I'll import it back into my map and you can have your hero back ;). As for the arena, if no one will help me to fix the triggers and I can't fix it myself either, I'll replace it. Also when you play the map alone, it should work (not perfect though).

Level 1
[K40$]-Spectre;1418337 said:
, Blizzard chosed that disease cloud can only effect non-undead, radiation cloud is based off it so I don't really know how to fix it except for basing it of another ability, anyone ideas? I'll look into triggers for the radiation field (the stampede one) bug. Thanks for bug report :D, +rep.

hm
1. solution: make everything living instead of undead.
but thats by far the worst solution cause im pretty sure it would take a fuckload of time to do this.
2. maybe uhm...make it like phoenix fire(without that decreasing hp of course)?_? with poison clouds instead of that firebeams. i think that would fit.

oh and about you
Pls change models of robot and cyborg.I hate all things that goes with future in wc3.(plsss)

could you "plssssss" SHUT THE FUCK UP about this ? you are damn annoying with your "omg change/delete them because I hate future thingies"
the most of us dont care or actually like such mixed up maps.
if u dont like them, tough luck.

Level 17
I think I finally solved the arena bug, I can't garanti anything though.
And I think about adding 2 heroes (the first 1 one for the next update the other one when General Frank has ~squished his Felhound Rider model), here's my idea for the first one (the second is still a secret):

Black Widow (model :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/blackwidow-blp-150942/?prev=search%3Dblack%2520widow%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20, I just couldn't resist the low filesize :D)

Unit abilities :fp: Web & Broodling (when Widow dies smaller spiders come out his body to fight for your cause (since you have 1 + 3 lives, you can take advantage of this ability 3 times)

Hero abilities :fp: 1) Parasite (similar to default one but instead a spider comes out)
2) Burrow (don't know if this works on heroes, and Widow can still attack while burrowed)
3) Venom (inflicts the target with a deadly poison, dealing damage and weakining the target)
4) Hive (~pocket factory like, but with spiders of course)

hm
1. solution: make everything living instead of undead.
but thats by far the worst solution cause im pretty sure it would take a fuckload of time to do this.
2. maybe uhm...make it like phoenix fire(without that decreasing hp of course)?_? with poison clouds instead of that firebeams. i think that would fit.
, I chosed for the first one and it work fine again, I made only skeleton marked as undead, which works pretty well.

well if im correct traps doesnt deal any form of dmg to those banshees. not even 1 dmg. storm have higher dmg than normal banshees and have a longer range, thus she can hide at the back and assault us.
, the fire traps do deal damage to every unit (I think though, will check it) but are bit bugged, I'll try to fix them for the next update. Should I reduce the attack & acquisition range of the Stormcaller? -EDIT, yes the fire traps deal damage to everyone, they were just bugged in dealing the damage in time, in the next update it should work better.

Last edited:
Level 9
yes, its too high lol. and, u know those stormcaller look-alikes? they have armor which is too high.
new hero woots so is it melee or ranged... u dont have much good ranged u know.
buggy: the chainsaw bladmaster is the best tanker: his skill which allows him to rapidly add his hp (in one sec it was 100/800 and the next is 150/950) which is pretty rigged. add a easy difficulty lol, nvr went past that dungeon. lower the costs of items, the pot costs too much than what they are worth.

DPL

DPL

Level 5
Very hard. I only lost my time and the time of my friends.
Spells sucks: Cost too much and do nothing
Heros sucks: They die like shits =)
Revive sistem sucks: You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance!
Yea...Really annoying...

Level 17
I added a timer for Skeleton Throwers instead of the silly negative health regen. I also reduced the effect of the amount of players in the game on the enemies, their health is increased by 75% instead of 100% for each extra player (so with 2 players in the game your enemies have 175% health instead of 200%). I've left the damage increase as it was.

yes, its too high lol. and, u know those stormcaller look-alikes? they have armor which is too high.
, I've reduced the attack & acquisition range of the Stormcaller, and with look-alikes you meant Treacherous Shades? I've reduced their health from 375 to 325.

new hero woots so is it melee or ranged... u dont have much good ranged u know.
, ranged, sort of a spitting spider.

buggy: the chainsaw bladmaster is the best tanker: his skill which allows him to rapidly add his hp (in one sec it was 100/800 and the next is 150/950) which is pretty rigged. add a easy difficulty lol, nvr went past that dungeon. lower the costs of items, the pot costs too much than what they are worth.
, you meant his unit skill Adrenaline? By pot you meant all potions?

Level 17
Deleted by ap0calypse
, please stop fighting you two, also I don't think the moderators like cursing so they could ban if you don't watch out. And if they do, you need to make a new acount to download the updates for my awesome map :p.

Very hard. I only lost my time and the time of my friends.
Spells sucks: Cost too much and do nothing
Heros sucks: They die like shits =)
Revive sistem sucks: You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance! You've been given a second chance!
Yea...Really annoying...
, the next update will decrease the difficulty and adds an extra gamemode 'Easy'. Which spells do you find worthless/imbalanced?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 1
[K40$]-Spectre;1420686 said:
I chosed for the first one and it work fine again, I made only skeleton marked as undead, which works pretty well.
hm okay oO but...doesnt that make some probs ?_? i thought some of them have UD specific skills like death coil...so now they cant heal themselves(im not sure cause i havent played this map much)

Deleted by ap0calypse

you seriously need to read the rules.
u should be happy about the fact that nobody reported this post yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
hm okay oO but...doesnt that make some probs ?_? i thought some of them have UD specific skills like death coil...so now they cant heal themselves(im not sure cause i havent played this map much)
, only an item uses holy light as an ability and death coil is only being used by enemies.

I think that u need 2 make ult.
, an ultimate? Well, I could make one. Which level should I give it as a requirement? And should I make it a passive or does anyone prefer something else (I won't make it an aura since all body armors already have an unique aura)? If I will make an ultimate, it will be for v1.03 or higher (so no ultimates for next update) since it will take me some time to implement it for 8 or more heroes.

Btw, if anyone has ideas for new heroes, please share it (keep filesize in mind though).

Level 9
i totally agree with ulti. give them ulti as soon as they enter the 1st dungeon cause most of the time people die thr =.= which is around lv5. make it lv4.

yes the potions. too expensive. cooldown too long. shorten the cooldown for the potions (not in stores but in inventory)

its not the hp its the armor. and why does banshees have 2 spawns? why is there 2 stormcallers? why does the weapons are all so expensive? add some equips so we can at least pass that dungeon. didnt pass it although i tried with my frens for over 30 times

Level 17
V1.02 available! Worked hard on this one, many bug fixes and things should be a lot easier now when playing with more than 1 player.

yes the potions. too expensive. cooldown too long. shorten the cooldown for the potions (not in stores but in inventory)
, in new version potions costs 25% less and cooldown cut in half.

its not the hp its the armor. and why does banshees have 2 spawns? why is there 2 stormcallers? why does the weapons are all so expensive? add some equips so we can at least pass that dungeon. didnt pass it although i tried with my frens for over 30 times
, Treacherous Shades have only 0 armor. Maybe that was a bug in v1.01. The portal to the left in stage 2 slowly spawns stormcallers but there can only be 1 stormcaller at the time.

They ll be new models?And when ll be new ver?U can make for some heroes passive for some acitve.Go on this page,there is a lot of new models http://xgm.ru/files.php?fc=2 (its not on english but download is on engilsh^^)
, cool, never knew that site, thanks. The next update will probably add a few new heroes.

Level 17
Here are some screenies of v1.2 with me as Thor hero. No gamecodes and 2 players added just to see if I could make it.

138114-albums2567-picture22227.jpg

138114-albums2567-picture22228.jpg

Death had over 11000 hp :0

138114-albums2567-picture22229.jpg

Of course he was no match for WorldEdit :grin:

Attachments

• ThorArenaChampion.jpg
    ThorArenaChampion.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • The Big Boss.jpg
    The Big Boss.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 87
  • Victory!.jpg
    Victory!.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 94
Level 17
nop, now its easy to win lol. i recommend making a sequel to it. after conquering death then conquer life =D
, should I make it a tiny bit more difficult? Funny that you mention a sequel, the idea of DarknessChasersII was to form a good base of heroes, abilities, monsters, items and other extras for DarknessChasersIII. I'm planning to give the third more open gameplay instead of lineair warchasers like, and that you can raid villages and fortresses and such. I just don't know what to do with the story and first I want to add Ultimates and maybe some extra heroes to this one.

Last edited:
Level 17
u dont have to, adding ultimates will make those heroes too strong. make the easy not as easy. increase difficulty if u wana add ultis.
, since I already have made 5 ultimates, I will increase the difficulty. You can get an ulti at level 12, so difficulty will especially harder beyond stage 3/4. I will also remove the bash and spell immune ability from Death's minion's, increase the health of Spectres (invisible units at the jail) and in the next version you can see the spiders coming out of the hive better.