• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Darker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see that shadow, it kept smiling creepily from where it stood. Slowly, it walked away from my sight. I ran after it.

I kept running after it. Everyone else seemed to be stunned and didn't react. I kept running.

Everything slowly fold into the darkness. I lost track of it. I looked behind, only to see darkness. Only took seconds before realization hit me ; I was lost.

"Darker, yet darker," a creepy sound echoed through the darkness. Footsteps could be heard from behind me.

"And darkness keeps growing," the sound continued. I looked behind as my soul shook in fear.

"Well, isn't the flower will bloom?" That voice almost pulled my soul out. The very same voice that used to be accompanying everyone, and now he stood there, alone.

I tried to speak, but my voice didn't came out. As I realized it, I stood there, in silence.

"What if everyone was aware, what if everyone knew the truth and then hatred sprung like the old days?" He seemed to spoke to himself, "and then, whom to blame when they all disappears?"

"Nobody but myself," that was the reply. I stood there in confusion.

"Well, it's pointless no matter how you look at it. Everything will just go darker and darker." He continued to murmur to himself. I watched in silence, as if I was unnoticed.

After that, his eyes looked forward and our sight met each other.

"So, you heard it I assume?" A calm voice came out from his mouth, but his look showed that he's troubled.

I nodded slowly. He sighed and looked away. A faint, dark knife is held in his right hand.

"Then there's nothing to hide, my flower." That reply caught me in surprise.
"What do you mean?" And suddenly, my voice came out.
"Care for my elaboration? I think not." The calm voice is filled with sorrow, and it felt like something stabbed me slowly.

"Darker, yet darker. Have you ever heard of it? Have you ever heard of the void that surrounded us?" He started to blabber some nonsense.
"What do you mean!?" I started to lose my temper, the first time I did after a while.
"Fear, solitude, emptiness, hatred. Can you not feel them? Powerlessness is growing." Another set of nonsense talk is said.

He looked away, as I could feel that my limb started to get numb. 'Is it just me or is it getting cold?'
"Can you feel the chilling breeze? Can you feel the cold pain? Can you feel the hollow?" A set of questions came to me.
I kept silent. A truth in sight, yet far from my grasp. I could not turn back now, nor there was a chance at all.

"Nobody understands emotion. I was and is a fool. That day, I sold my word of promise, but sooner or later, I was aware I would broke it." He lamented weakly, eyes diverted away.
"Then, why you promised?" I asked with curiosity.
"It's a sin. I cannot go back from it." The way he replied indirectly showed me his weakest side, his most vulnerable state.
"I was blind. I thought I could resist even the Almighty God. The utmost foolishness to think that feelings never change." And then, he broke down, crying.
I just stood there. My limbs were numb from the sheer cold in the darkness.
"Hey, everyone make mistakes, right?" I tried to cheer him up. Perhaps there is something else I need to figure out. I couldn't shake my feelings that something was off.

SLASH!

Red substances spilled from my chest in waves. I fell down in pain. I looked to my back to see the attacker, only to see him, yet that person is not him.
"Oh, hi, you must be the one he so desperately try to keep loving and held feelings to. Rejecting his own inner self and die from emptiness slowly. Try to keep the bitter smile as if he was certain he won't be betrayed and won't betray. Pursue everyone's trust to ensure his pathway to you. But still, a blind fool will always be a blind fool." That person spoke emotionlessly, with his eyes glowed in red and blue.
"Oh, if you wondered who killed you? It's him. It's the person who held you dear that he even risked his sanity on. He paid the price with everything he could pay it with. He gave everything to keep the promise he made. But now, all those payments are no longer sufficient, and he has nothing more to pay with. All you see was just his memories, memories of the already long gone person. If you asked why you have to see this, it's because this is truth. Lastly, if he is to atone for the debt he has to pay, this is the ultimate payment, your life."

SLASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.