• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SHORT STORY] Answer's Seeker

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all started two years ago. I was a young child in my family, the youngest. My family lived in a village, just a few miles away from the city. My life was a happy one, but all changes when he came... A man, no, a monster that killed my family, and all the good people at the village. I barely managed to escape alive, that is, because he spared me. He told me, while he held my neck, "I will come for you, longing for revenge, and I await that day," he said.

After that, I, as the only survivor was under a severe trauma and brought to a psychiatrist to restore my mentality. The investigators couldn't find any clue about the man. He disappeared, with no trace of proof. To keep the public from panic, they say the village was wiped by a fierce tornado.

Two years later, today morning, I realized it's been a total of 730 days since that attack, or they say, an incident. I still wanted my revenge, and the reason for his massive assassination of my village. While all my friends at my new school considered me the same as them, except I'm poor, they don't know what kind of pain and trauma I have endured. I trained extensively for two years, and swore on my oath that I will kill that man one day.

I knew today wasn't necessary to go to school, since it was the "rest period". A period after the final exam of the semester where students can rest at their home or go to school to just do practically anything, or hanging out if they want.

I came to my school, and I noticed a lot of people are present, something unusual I would say. As usual, before the class, the class captain greeted me.
"Good morning, Asher," He said. And I replied calmly, "good morning to you too, Archo."
I entered the class, but this time, all feels different, as if everyone looked at me. I wonder, what are they thinking, why they all stared at me. One of them, Hark, approached me.
"Do you remember the incident two years ago that you keep telling us about whenever we says the village disappears due to a tornado?" Hark said. I, still feeling uncomfortable, replied, "yes, I remember, all of it." "Well, last night, Lin has been kidnapped, the message at her house says that he is willing to return her, in exchange for the survivor boy, and he wants the boy to be at April's Alley." I lost my emotion control, and left the class running in a blind rage, while all my classmates followed me from behind.

I went back to my small home, and took my crafted blade. My friends looked at me, but silenced. They all know I have a grudge with the kidnapper, and they decided to follow me to April's Alley. At the Alley, the man revealed himself along with Lin. He says, "well, the survivor boy. I wonder how long it took for you to face me, now, show me." Everyone is confused, except me and him. I stared at him, and charged with my blade without hesitation. He took out his blade and clashed with my blade. I screamed, "get Lin out of here! I'll handle him!" Everyone, panic in the situation, decided to take Lin and let me handling the man.

After my friends left, the man then says, "that girl is under my control, and you did the right thing." I realize it was a trap, and I had to warn everyone, but he would never let me leave. I slashed his back as he let himself off guard. He falled to the ground and said, "I'm not done yet!" I started to realize something, his voice. However, I didn't care. I stabbed his right leg, paralyzed him and run after my friends.

As I reached my friends, they were inside cages and yelled, "what's the meaning of this!?" Quickly, I attack Lin from behind and wound her, only to realize her eye pupil is white, opposed to her unique pink pupil. "Hypnosis," I thought to my mind. I thrown some muds on the ground toward her to blind her eyes, and while she's off guard, I incapacitate her by holding her mouth from breathing.

After she's incapacitated, I released everyone from the cages. But then, a knife almost hit me from behind. The man returns and proclaims, "it's over!" Both of us moved quickly to attack, and after a series of clashes, we came into a stalemate. He however, unwilling to gave up, took out his watch. I realize it was for the hypnosis, the same one he used on Lin, and without delay, I throw my blade. The blade impales the watch and destroys it severely, breaking the hypnosis. In addition, it impales his left leg, totally immobilizes him.

I stood up and approached him. I held his neck, like he did to me years ago. I asked him in my rage, "why? Why did you murder the villagers!?" He didn't reply. I repeat it several times, and he finally gave in. He replied, "it's an order from the black marketers, they want me to do that, and later put the blame on the government, but they failed since government makes up excuses decently." I replied, "why would they want to do that!?" He replied, "for one certain reason : power." He then drawn his last breath.

I don't want to just stood and wait, but my friends approached me. Archo says, "tell the government the truth, it's better." I replied, "they won't believe if it's a kid telling them." "But what about a well documented video? Apparently, my father was at the village when he murders everyone. He however, doesn't aware that my father was a reporter and the camera is still intact from the accident, but kept by my mother," Lin said as she cries. Archo approached her and told her to stop crying. Hark replied, "and I have your conversation with him recorded and on my phone, since I know this will be very invaluable." I smiled, happy to know my effort has paid off, my revenge has been exacted, and now, I can return to focus on my studies, to make my parents in the afterlife happy.

The next day, the entire class came to the government's Crime Watchers. Everyone shares their views on the case and bring all the proofs. The watchers present decides to take a look again on the case, and promises us all, especially me and Lin, that all the black marketers will be brought to Justice. However, despite my deeds, I have to stood trial for murdering other human, especially the criminal that can solve the case, but I don't care, as long as my revenge has been brought.

==================================
What do you guys think of my story?

Last edited:
Level 36
It all started two years ago. I was a young child on my family. My family lives in a village,

Past and present tense, intended?

Because you jumble between them a lot during these
first lines, and although a skilled writer can do that if used purposefully, it's really often
not a good thing. Most people get lost in it themselves.

Also "born on my family" sounds weird, "to" or "in" would sound better, but altogether
the sentence should be restructured.

just a few miles away from the city. My life was a happy one, but all changes when he comes...

Again, strange, it should read "changed" and "came."

He told me, while he hold my neck,

Held*

-

I don't have the time to read the entire thing right now, but I'm not really sure I want to,
based on how many weird errors persist within that first clause. I might return to read it,
but for now, think about the corrections and suggestions I made. I'm guessing English
isn't your native language, it isn't mine either, but I do advice getting better at it if you
want to write in it.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

A good story ! I just dont understand why the man left Asher at the beginning. he could have killed him right away. But rather than that its a good peice of creativity ! :)

Past and present tense, intended?

Because you jumble between them a lot during these
first lines, and although a skilled writer can do that if used purposefully, it's really often
not a good thing. Most people get lost in it themselves.

Also "born on my family" sounds weird, "to" or "in" would sound better, but altogether
the sentence should be restructured.

Again, strange, it should read "changed" and "came."

Held*

-

I don't have the time to read the entire thing right now, but I'm not really sure I want to,
based on how many weird errors persist within that first clause. I might return to read it,
but for now, think about the corrections and suggestions I made. I'm guessing English
isn't your native language, it isn't mine either, but I do advice getting better at it if you
want to write in it.
I have updated it, hopefully it's more or less error free or less in term of errors of grammar.
Yes, English isn't my native language, but I do try my best to keep improving.

A good story ! I just dont understand why the man left Asher at the beginning. he could have killed him right away. But rather than that its a good peice of creativity ! :)
Well, that's a question for the reader to guess, don't forget there's a hidden correlation during the middle part of the story :)

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Well, that's a question for the reader to guess, don't forget there's a hidden correlation during the middle part of the story :)

Interesting....

A writer's sacred way of avoiding the true fact: That we're spinning more bullshit than we'll
ever admit. This is promising ;) I'll give the text a proper read when I've got the time.

I have to agree, it's the sacred way.

I don't really want to spoil things here, maybe I made another indirectly related story based on this, just additional hints, since this story offers less than sufficient hint for readers to guess for that particular question. That depends however, on how things will go.

Level 30
This is a interesting story from you, Daffa. It made me wonder what's exactly there for the man to exact revenge on Asher (the protagonist) but reading from the comments here, this is a way to add a prequel and a proper explanation for these unanswered questions.

As for the grammar and stuff, I've found some minor typos:

After that, I, as the only survivor was under a severe trauma and brought to a psychiatrist to restore my mental
You should probably change 'mental' to 'mentality'.

To keep public from panic, they say the village was wiped by a tornado
Not really a typo but you could have probably constructed the sentence better. Add 'the' before the 'public' and instead of just a 'tornado', make it like 'fierce tornado'.

They all know I have grudge with the kidnapper
Add 'a' before 'grudge'

He falled to the ground and said, "I'm not done yet!" I started to realize something, his voice
Change 'falled' to 'fell'.

"why? Why did you murder my village!?"
I think this statement sound so wrong if you'll ask me. Either change the 'murder' to 'destroy' or if you are referring to the inhabitants of the village or the villagers then do change the 'village' to 'villagers'

He doesn't reply quickly
Change 'doesn't' to 'didn't' and the word 'quickly' sounds unnecessary if you'll ask me.

"they won't believe if one kid telling them."
I think this should be change to 'they won't believe me if it's a kid telling them'.

Anyway, so much ride with the story and again, this is promising and as you've said, the plot can still be expanded. Good luck with this and looking forward for more of your stories.

This is a interesting story from you, Daffa. It made me wonder what's exactly there for the man to exact revenge on Asher (the protagonist) but reading from the comments here, this is a way to add a prequel and a proper explanation for these unanswered questions.

As for the grammar and stuff, I've found some minor typos:

You should probably change 'mental' to 'mentality'.

Not really a typo but you could have probably constructed the sentence better. Add 'the' before the 'public' and instead of just a 'tornado', make it like 'fierce tornado'.

Add 'a' before 'grudge'

Change 'falled' to 'fell'.

I think this statement sound so wrong if you'll ask me. Either change the 'murder' to 'destroy' or if you are referring to the inhabitants of the village or the villagers then do change the 'village' to 'villagers'

Change 'doesn't' to 'didn't' and the word 'quickly' sounds unnecessary if you'll ask me.

I think this should be change to 'they won't believe me if it's a kid telling them'.

Anyway, so much ride with the story and again, this is promising and as you've said, the plot can still be expanded. Good luck with this and looking forward for more of your stories.

Yeah, as if he was hesitant to kill Asher at that very moment, where he has ALL the chance he can use, but he didn't.

Thanks a lot for the typo spot and fixing, I have applied them :)

Yeah, I always have the prequel planned in mind, but still crafting it to ensure it's quality isn't worse than this. And again, my grammar is quite ugh.

Just a spoiler, read at risk. This is a hint for prequel of who's the mass murderer :
He has family ties with Asher.

Level 30
Yeah, as if he was hesitant to kill Asher at that very moment, where he has ALL the chance he can use, but he didn't.

Thanks a lot for the typo spot and fixing, I have applied them :)

Yeah, I always have the prequel planned in mind, but still crafting it to ensure it's quality isn't worse than this. And again, my grammar is quite ugh.

Just a spoiler, read at risk. This is a hint for prequel of who's the mass murderer :
He has family ties with Asher.

Your grammar is actually good if you'll ask me compared to mine which is deteriorating every moment. And that's quite a spoiler there and we'll finally have some check or flashback (maybe?) on Asher's family because surely this would be tackled to know more of this man or Asher's killer.

My best wishes for the prequel!

Level 8
What I think? Pretty good, but it is contains a few inaccuracy. (few logical error)

It all started two years ago. I was a young child in my family, the youngest.
It is the only problem of this story... The most famous cliché/trope: The smallest kid, always the smallest kid... This is overused.

My family lived in a village, just a few miles away from the city. My life was a happy one, but all changes when he came... A man, no, a monster that killed my family, and all the good people at the village. I barely managed to escape alive, that is, because he spared me. He told me, while he held my neck, "I will come for you, longing for revenge, and I await that day," he said.

After that, I, as the only survivor was under a severe trauma and brought to a psychiatrist to restore my mentality. The investigators couldn't find any clue about the man. He disappeared, with no trace of proof. To keep the public from panic, they say the village was wiped by a fierce tornado.
Poor one! He not even remembers his face, or any other psychical feature? And why he spare Asher's life?
Two years later, today morning, I realized it's been a total of 730 days since that attack, or they say, an incident. I still wanted my revenge, and the reason for his massive assassination of my village.
He should remember, then. He remembered his desire for vengeance, but the not face of his enemy?

While all my friends at my new school considered me the same as them, except I'm poor, they don't know what kind of pain and trauma I have endured. I trained extensively for two years, and swore on my oath that I will kill that man one day.
I knew today wasn't necessary to go to school, since it was the "rest period". A period after the final exam of the semester where students can rest at their home or go to school to just do practically anything, or hanging out if they want.

I came to my school, and I noticed a lot of people are present, something unusual I would say. As usual, before the class, the class captain greeted me.
"Good morning, Asher," He said. And I replied calmly, "good morning to you too, Archo."
I entered the class, but this time, all feels different, as if everyone looked at me. I wonder, what are they thinking, why they all stared at me. One of them, Hark, approached me.
"Do you remember the incident two years ago that you keep telling us about whenever we says the village disappears due to a tornado?" Hark said. I, still feeling uncomfortable, replied, "yes, I remember, all of it." "Well, last night, Lin has been kidnapped, the message at her house says that he is willing to return her, in exchange for the survivor boy, and he wants the boy to be at April's Alley." I lost my emotion control, and left the class running in a blind rage, while all my classmates followed me from behind.
Asher, true? Well he is a definitely poor one! His classmates chases him like mindless zombies, because an untrusty criminal told them something, oh no... they not tried to call police, why should they? Where is the teachers? Even it is a "soft day" they should be around there.
I went back to my small home, and took my crafted blade. My friends looked at me, but silenced. They all know I have a grudge with the kidnapper, and they decided to follow me to April's Alley. At the Alley, the man revealed himself along with Lin.
The thief kept his word! What a honorable one! :) Hmm... interesting why they not united against the kidnapper, even he is the uberserial killer, he not stand a chance against ten strong teenager boy. (except if he owns an useful weapon)

He says, "well, the survivor boy. I wonder how long it took for you to face me, now, show me." Everyone is confused, except me and him. I stared at him, and charged with my blade without hesitation. He took out his blade and clashed with my blade. I screamed, "get Lin out of here! I'll handle him!" Everyone, panic in the situation, decided to take Lin and let me handling the man.
Because of the modern school system, I surmise, that the story happened in the present. Well, the kidnapper should carry a gun with himself. Well, the teenagers should help to our Asher. If Asher not a fool blinded with chivalrious ideas, he surely grateful for the help.

After my friends left, the man then says, "that girl is under my control, and you did the right thing." I realize it was a trap, and I had to warn everyone, but he would never let me leave.
Smart! :)
I slashed his back as he let himself off guard. He falled to the ground and said, "I'm not done yet!" I started to realize something, his voice. However, I didn't care. I stabbed his right leg, paralyzed him and run after my friends.
Better!

As I reached my friends, they were inside cages and yelled, "what's the meaning of this!?" Quickly, I attack Lin from behind and wound her, only to realize her eye pupil is white, opposed to her unique pink pupil. "Hypnosis," I thought to my mind. I thrown some muds on the ground toward her to blind her eyes, and while she's off guard, I incapacitate her by holding her mouth from breathing.

After she's incapacitated
She should received a lot of damage, if Asher had time to release his friends.

I released everyone from the cages.
But then, a knife almost hit me from behind. The man returns and proclaims, "it's over!"
Quickly regeneration? :) An average human should not move after a backstab and a leg injury.

Both of us moved quickly to attack, and after a series of clashes, we came into a stalemate. He however, unwilling to gave up, took out his watch. I realize it was for the hypnosis, the same one he used on Lin, and without delay, I throw my blade. The blade impales the watch and destroys it severely, breaking the hypnosis. In addition, it impales his left leg, totally immobilizes him.
He should use that watch with more carefully! :O He is so... unwary. The blade impales his leg? (If yes, he hold that watch in a strange pose) Or the fragments of the broken watch? (If yes, poor one!)

I stood up and approached him. I held his neck, like he did to me years ago. I asked him in my rage, "why? Why did you murder the villagers!?" He didn't reply. I repeat it several times, and he finally gave in. He replied, "it's an order from the black marketers, they want me to do that, and later put the blame on the government, but they failed since government makes up excuses decently." I replied, "why would they want to do that!?" He replied, "for one certain reason : power." He then drawn his last breath.
They killed an entire village, because of power? Well rulers sometimes get mad, but this is a bit for effect... These black marketers are seems to be incompetent or indefinite. Their goals is not clear. Why they want, which they want?

I don't want to just stood and wait, but my friends approached me. Archo says, "tell the government the truth, it's better." I replied, "they won't believe if it's a kid telling them." "But what about a well documented video? Apparently, my father was at the village when he murders everyone. He however, doesn't aware that my father was a reporter and the camera is still intact from the accident, but kept by my mother," Lin said as she cries. Archo approached her and told her to stop crying. Hark replied, "and ->
I have your conversation with him recorded and on my phone, since I know this will be very invaluable.
" I like it! :)

I smiled, happy to know my effort has paid off, my revenge has been exacted, and now, I can return to focus on my studies, to make my parents in the afterlife happy.
The next day, the entire class came to the
government's Crime Watchers.
Why not the police? But it is a detail. :)

Everyone shares their views on the case and bring all the proofs. The watchers present decides to take a look again on the case, and promises us all, especially me and Lin, that all the
black marketers will be brought to Justice.
True heroes of the people! :D

However, despite my deeds, I have to stood trial for murdering other human, especially the criminal that can solve the case, but I don't care, as long as my revenge has been brought.
Well, that Crimson Watchers should help him in that case. I feel, that man is drawback for everyone (as well as the Black Marketers) and the Crimson Watchers (or someone else) is control the whole events and used Asher as a feint. Poor Asher! (For me, he received this, like Jon do not know nothing)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.