• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Artith's Story Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Charging forward, i could hear the steps of my pursuer close behind. Almost tripping, i leaped across the Murray river, drought had almost dried this once might river up, and another summer like the one we're in now will kill it completely. Across the far side now, i dove into thick Australian bushland. I could hear my pursuers footsteps reaching the river now, one splash and he had crossed it, Australian summers are harsh, and this one was the worst ever experienced. Glancing back, I caught a glimpse of an arm before i tripped and landed into a thick bush of blackberries. Ripping myself out of the bush, shredding my skin in the process, i resumed fleeing from my attacker. He had gained a lot of ground now, so i had to pick up the pace.

Tiring, I darted between trees, and surged to the left, trying to gain ground. I failed miserably though, and the pursuer gained ground. A lot, of ground. I could now hear his breath, and for the first time i relised, there was not one hunter, but four. Four, blood thirst pursuers intent on catching me and killing me, as far as i know. Getting close to exhaustion now, i knew that the only way to lose them was a sprint, i didn't have enough energy left to continue this. And so i sprinted. I sprinted and i sprinted, and i lost them! Overjoyed i collapsed in the nearby lake, which was less then a puddle now. Drinking deep, soaking myself in the beautiful, cool water, i fell asleep.

I woke, and by now it was evening, night had almost fallen. Wondering why i had awoken, i glanced over my shoulder and saw what i feared the most, an arm, a leg, a face, a HUNTER! Searching the forest edge around the lake, I saw the rest of them. A total of four hunters. This was it. Nothing could save me now. Determined to go down fighting, i got up, stretched my legs, arms, my tail, and prepared myself mentally for what was to come. Remembering what these men had done when i was a little joey. Remembering how they had killed my mother, when i was barely able to leave her pouch, how they had eaten her, and sent me away. Letting the thought of them killing my mother fill me with rage, I darted up, and faster then light i had reached the nearest hunter. Using my strong legs and sharp toe nails, i ripped his chest open and cracked his skull. The hunters, shocked, hurled a boomerang at me, but thanks to the thick cover the dead hunter was hiding in, i was safe and it collided with a tree. Charging at the next nearest hunter - the one who threw the boomerang - i was at him in a flash. Jumping and kicking i knocked him over with a nasty gash, one that would be the end of him. But the hunters had come to their senses, and my time was up. I felt the cold, hard, sharp metal piece my skin. The sharp, deadly pain of the spear entering me. The burning of my own blood against my fur. And finally, nothing. Knowing that i had no chance of life, but determined not to die, i tried to get up - but was stopped by another spear. That was it this time, i couldn't make it now. Finally, after a long chase, I collapsed, dead at my hunters feet. Like many former kangaroos, and many more to come, the Barangati tribe had killed and were to kill, they got me. Nothing left for me, i was dead.

Darting left and right, striking Orcs down as I go, i knew i was getting close to him. The orcs were getting more nervous as i closer i got closer and i knew that this was the one i wanted. The leader. Thrall. I could topple an entire clan if i got to him. Pushing further forward, i ran into what i feared. The Tauren. Those proud and powerful warriors could easily kill me. Glancing backwards i realized how far i had come from my troops, i couldn't turn back now. So i faced the Tauren, head held high. Ready to fight. To kill. To die. Then something happened that could have just saved my life. A massive Tauren, at least 2 metres tall, said something to the Orcs and Tauren. The next thing i knew was the troops surrounding me stepped back. Gave me room. Though i remained surrounded and could not escape, i knew it was just between the massive Tauren and myself. Dismounting from my horse, i chanced a glance behind, to the legions of The Scourge. They were at least 5 minutes from reaching me. I had to drag this duel out. If i defeated him, then the surrounding Orcs and Tauren would envelop me.

I drew my sword, and he drew an axe that was bigger then i was. I gulped, this was gonna be hard. I made a quick battle plan. There was at least 35 metres between us and I decided that i should use the most terrible dark magic i could muster to delay having to get to hand to hand combat with him. The longer i could stay at a distance, the more chance I had. If he reached me i could hold out for about a minute against him, so i must keep him at a distance. Then the drums started, signaling the beginning to the duel. Hurling a bolt of green energy at him, intending to damage him, he leaned to the right and the bolt missed him. He was about to charge when we heard a bone chilling scream come from behind him. I knew what had happened, and i was going to die because of it. The bolt of energy that i had sent to damage him, had collided with someone in the crowd, a women he was standing with moments ago. His wife. Then he howled, and i knew i was dead. He continued howling for at least 3 minutes, which suited me just fine. I glanced over my shoulder - The scourge was only at most 2 minutes away. I could hold out that long i though. Then he made one final howl and charged. I sent a bolt of death strong enough to kill a demon at him, he didnt move out of the way, didnt even slow down. It exploded on his chest and he let out a howl of pain, but didnt stop. Hurling magic at him by the fistful, not even slowing him, it dawned on me that he would kill me and there was nothing i could do to stop it. But i didn't stop. And by the time The Scourge got to me, i would be dead. I had to do something unorthodox.

He was at me now, bringing his, massive, long axe back, about to strike me. I crouched low, tensing my legs, waiting for the right moment. Then i saw him stop the drawback and begin the attack. I waited about .3 of a second, then i jumped, willing my magic to help me. Then he brought the axe horizontally at me, but thats to my jump i had flipped over it. As it was passing under me I stuck my hand out, grabbing hold of the handle. While he was following through from the attack, I stuck my blade out, sticking it deep into his chest, into his heart. I let go of the blade now before he could collapse, going flying at lease 8 metres in the progress.

I looked back at the Tauren, seeing him halfway through collapsing. I had killed him. It felt good, as it always does when I take a life. The Orcs and Tauren surrounding me just stood there, stunned, unable to move. I walked over to my fallen opponent, and started searching his body for anything valuable. Halfway through searching him, one of the Orcs in the crowd yelled:
"Oi!, Get of him!" and charged at me. He broke the daze then, and all the surrounding enemies charged at me. Even though it was a fairly large circle they were in, and I was in the centre, it wouldn't take them long to reach me. I had to do something, but what? Just then i heard a groan come from below me, from the Tauren. I dont believe it, i though to myself , he was alive. After all i had done to him, he hadnt died. Then i relised that because he was alive, i could live. I could defeat the enemies charging at me, but they were almost at me, only seconds left now. So like lightning, i sent my magic deep into the Tauren, draining his power, his life force, and gathered it for myself. And using that power I had drained, I created an explosion powerful enough to destroy the multi-verse and channeled it into the very atoms of the enemy. Not only were they killed, they were destroyed, completely, utterly, irreversibly. Their bodies decomposed faster then light, and to the rest of the enemy army and to The Scourge it seemed that they just disappeared.

Although i used the Tauren's life force to power that, it drained me as well, and i collapsed on the ground, ready to die. I woke minutes later to a feeling of power, unable to contain it I screamed, and let out a bolt of power into the sky which could destroy worlds. Getting to my feet, i faced the enemy, anger burning my common sense away, and charged. Although the rest of the scourge had overtaken me while i was passed out, i soon caught them and passed them, using my newly gained power to travel faster then anyone on the battlefield. I reached the enemy moments later, who were retreating because of what they had seen me do, and i exploded myself, damaging about 12 nearby enemies. I reformed deeper into the enemy ranks, amazed at my power and my ability to completely destroy myself, but recreate again close by. I burst my sword into flames, and struck the orcs around me, slicing them to pieces, and burning those pieces. The Orcs that were not damages by my sword screeched and tried to run faster. I stopped them by collapsing the ground underneath them, then sending it sky high, while it was in the sky I superheater it. After about 2 seconds of super heating it became molten, then i just let it fall. While it was falling, i felt this terrible, killing pain in my back. I screamed and turned, to see an Orc had stabbed me in the back! I was about to explode him, but then everything became, burning killer hot. I laughed, the surrounding orcs were howling in pain for a couple seconds, then were silenced by the rain of molten rock. But to me, it felt like a nice, hot shower. Back to the onslaught. Once again i charged forward, and once again dozens of orcs lay dead at my feet. Then i saw him, mounted atop a beautiful, black wolf and leading the orcs in their retreat. So i exploded, killing my surrounding orcs. Then i rematerialized infront of him, and plunged my sword deep into his mount's chest. I stepped aside as the wolf collapsed where i was standing, just milliseconds ago. As Thrall got to his feet, i immobilized him, and said:
"Thrall, this fight is between you and me. My weapon and your weapon, no magic."
Then i released him and created a circle of fire, about 30 metres in diameter, that we were the centre of. He collapsed onto the ground, a side effect of the immobilization, then regained his feet, hammer in hand. He swiped at me with his hammer, which i swatted away easily with my sword, but as he was following through, sent a punch at me, cracking my jaw. I yelped in pain and stumbled back. He persisted, and more times then I could count i came milimetres away from having my skull smashed open. I was losing and i knew it. I had to do something, but I had to much pride to use magic. So I ducked under a horizontal strike darted to his exposed stomach, and dove my sword deep into it and held it there. He froze, shocked, and looked down at the sword sticking out of his stomach, the sword which my hand was still attached to. Then he let out a raw, a raw that made me decide to release the sword and run back. But before I could let go he swung his hammer at me, and it smashed into the side of my head. All the magic in the world couldn't help me now. He had actually smashed my skull open, and, as one, we fell on the ground dead. Two greats of their respective races, Thrall, and Myself.

I crouched low, ensuring he wouldn't notice me in the dense Aussie bushland. Scanning the area around him, I searched for his company, but didn't find them. I knew they were close, I had found their tracks, but like me they were hidden, concealed in grass as high as the average mans chest. I knew not to attack him before I found his 3 companions or they'd get me as soon as I got him. Biding my time, traveling parallel to him, but concealed, I knew i'd catch them eventually.
"Patience" I told myself. "I'll find them soon enough." And I did, just as he stopped at a lake to drink, I noticed someone closely watching him from the opposite side of the lake from me. Knowing this was my chance, I crept around the lake, making sure i was remained concealed, but still could see him.

After a couple minutes of slow creeping, I was within 10 metres of him. I drew my knife, and very slowly crept up behind him, ready for the slightest hint he might know i'm here. As i got closer i notices that he was breathing faster then before and not taking any chances, I leaped forward, silent as a cat and brought the knife right around his head, then back down his neck. As i did this with my left hand, I clasped my right hand on his mouth, to muffle any sound that he might utter.

Convinced he was dead, i quickly checked to see if anyone had heard me, the man was still at the lake, sitting with his feat in the water.
"He camp here tonight" I thought to myself, as I realized how much time I had spent pursuing this man. "I wonder if his companions will come out to camp with him"
But I knew it wouldn't be so easy, they would probably sleep in the thick grass, concealed, and take turns watching over him. If this was true then it was only a matter of time before they noticed the disappearance of the man I had just slain. I had to kill the other 3 before they found this man.

I scanned the surroundings, trying to notice the next man. Then I saw him over where I was previously, at the other side of the lake. He looked down, and seamed to notice something.
"Oh no!" I thought "My tracks"
And i was right, he followed the exact path i took, his head constantly down, watching the tracks. Judging by how far away he was and how fast he was going I had a couple of minutes, so I hid in a bush, and waited.

A couple minuted later he arrived and followed my tracks straight to the dead body. He didn't gasp, he didn't panic, he didn't dart around looking for me. He looked at my tracks, and just as i planned, followed the ones i had set, which made him face away from me. I crept out from the bush, not making a sound, and the same as I had done to the previous man I lept with catlike precision bringing my knife round his head, and across his neck, while simultaneously clasping my other hand over his mouth, muffling any sound he might make. He crumpled at my feat. Two down, one to go before I could have a crack at my target.

Again, I scanned the surrounding bushland, but after countless minutes of fruitless searching I gave up, and decided to walk a quarter of the way around, to see if there is anything I could see that I cant from here. As i arrived there I knew I had made an excellent choice, due to the denseness of the bush I could see alot more from here then I did from there. Then I notices someone. I wouldn't be able to have seen him from where i was before, thanks to an unusual cluster of trees, but from here he was as obvious as a bush fire. Making a mental note of where he was I crept around until I was at least 20 metres away from him. Trusting my aim, I held my knife by it's tip and threw it at him, hitting him with the handle on the temple, knocking him out instantly. He fell silently on dry, hard dirt.

I darted over to him, picked up my knife and stabbed him through the eye, not wasting any time, going straight for the brain. Knowing the time had come, I pulled my knife out of his head, wiped it off with some leaves, then walked, following the bushland around the lake, until I was as close as the bush could bring me to my target, now sleeping peacefully on a swag he had laid out. Again, I held my knife by it's tip, pulled back my arm, and threw it at him. As soon as i let it go I knew it wasn't good. Instead of going into his head like I had aimed, the blade hit his chest with a metallic 'pang' which only meant one thing. A metal chest guard. He shot up straight away. I cursed myself for my impatience, I should have crept over and killed him while he slept, but now he was awake, and I had a fight on my hands. Lucky for me I always carry a spare knife, which I drew now. He yelled something that I couldn't understand it was so slurred, then charged at me. I didn't understand it, he was charging at me, with nothing to fight me with, while I had a knife. Then he tripped over and I realized it. He was drunk. Completely shit faced. So much so that he couldn't walk properly. But I had a job to do, and I did it now. I walked over to him, sprawled in the dirt, and stabbed him in the head. It was all over.
[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Level 24
I suppose you are THE_ELITE of wc3c then? However, it is a great novel / short story. At first I didn't realize it was an animal that was pursued, not until he mentioned that he woke up and saw four hunters. Your English is superb, there are just a few grammatical errors, such as that "I" is written with a capital "I" and not like "i", also you're missing a dot in the end of the last part of the text, after "i was dead". It was a good story, exciting and even sad to some extent. The "battle" was well written, and at least I got a feeling of how they fought each other. You described the environment very detailed in a good way. All in all, I enjoyed reading this, all of this. Really sweet story here, thanks for posting this for us to read.

Level 2
Hey linaze, and yes, I am The_Elite(I got banned after some, immaturity) and thanks for that. You not knowing that it was an animal (a kangaroo) that was pursued was intended. I'll try and fix all the "i"'s but, it just gets annoying pressing the shift button every time I type an "i", especially when im typing a story. Im glad you enjoyed it and i have posted another (longer, but still short) story, which i'm not as happy about and hate the ending to bits, but still think it is alright.

Think I'll rewrite the ending of the second story (who's title i hate)

Status
Not open for further replies.