• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Summoning to relative position

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Reign of Chaos, Dark Summoning would move the units to the same position relative to the caster as the position relative to order target point. (as can be seen in this video)

In TFT, however, the units are just moved right next to the caster, but I want it to work like in the video.
I've tried moving the units manually through triggers, but then I don't know how to reproduce the missile effect (target art is easy to attach to the units).

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Level 17
i dont think that there is a difference between the RoC and the TFT version. It might be just triggered in the cinematic.
To create a missle effect, eiter make use of a missile system or make it on your own:
hide the targets, create a missle for each one and move it to the location with a periodic timer trigger. You would need to index it though, i'd suggest you to use a unit indexer. then, unhide the units

Level 14
There might be something in gameplay constants that deals with clustering units but I can't check right now I'm afraid. You might want to browse through it and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.