• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dark Summoning like spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey another spell i need xD i wanna thank all that helped me so far, Anyway here goes, i want to make a dark summoning allowing u to move a group of units to another region, so i select a group of units, and then select a point, and the units dark summon to that point

+rep if helped <:)

Level 16
I'm not sure if you want this, but you could try:

• MoveUnits
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Set up your conditions --------
      • -------- You have to add Dark Summoning ability based on channel to your unit --------
      • -------- Channel must be set to point target --------
      • -------- This trigger moves all selected units to target point --------
      • Set TempGroup = (Units currently selected by (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • -------- First, adding move out special effect --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTo.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
          • -------- Now, every selected unit will be moved --------
          • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to TempPoint
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
          • -------- We could also add move in effect --------
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Human\MassTeleport\MassTeleportTarget.mdl
          • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup)

Level 5
i got it now, i changed my post hehe, Problem now is when i learn my spell; Channel teleport (just copied channel) it dissapears on my spell log, i cant select it or anything. And it still says; Undclared Variable ; /

Level 5
alright alright thank you child of bodom for talking me trough this, im almost there, now ingame when i cast channel on a unit, it only teleports my self to the center of playable map area, although i have all ure triggers ,Temppoint etc.
Also, i cant select a area, just 1 unit to cast it on, i think it has to do with my conditions.. or i dont know

Level 5
i did, now when i cast channel it jumps me to the place i picked, i appreciete ure help and i hope u help me to the end

lfhelpl.jpg

this is what i have. it doesent matter if the condition is abbility=Channel or its Dark summmoning

Level 16
You have to make variables TempGroup and TempPoint in correct case (not temppoint and tempgroup). Also, put Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_TempGroup) after Unit Group functions block else it won't work. And, always clear the point variables right after you use it. So move Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint) just below Move Unit func.

Status
Not open for further replies.