• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Dark Lineage Owen - Respawn Cheat (not a request)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Well, here we go. I've spent quite abit of time combing through the JASS files, trying to figure out how exactly this works. My conclusion is that its not actually built into the game.

A trigger is called whenever a unit dies. This trigger first checks to see if the unit that dies is a hero. If it is, then it terminates. It then proceeds to get the point value of the unit, which is stored into a variable, monsterPoints. The trigger then adds in a triggersleep, passing I2R (monsterPoints). monsterPoints is found using the GetUnitValueByType function. The only way this respawn cheat would work is if the point values were somehow changed. However, nowhere in the code is SetUnitValueByType called, so this leads me to the conclusion that this isn't actually based inside of the map. Looking through, I didn't see a single chat message trigger that looks suspiciously like a code entry.

Thoughts anyone? I would love to be proven wrong on this.

Level 3
well when i saw one korean player using this hack on dlo, i still remember then heroes did revive instantly too, so i think ur wrong, i think that its hack that based on real time, as long as triggers of unit revival base on that real time, if time would go 10x faster then they'd revive 10x faster :p

Level 1
I also saw the same Korean player using the hack. And as bizzare as it was to watch, the jass files dont lie. The respawn timer for heroes is based in almost the same way. If he can find some way to edit the monster point values in game, then why not the hero value? Also, if the hack was based in real time, the whole game would have to move 10X faster. And keep in mind that the respawn timers for the creeps is MUCH MUCH longer, with the Zombia Dragon having a point value of somewhere around 2750. So you would have to speed up the game to some insane amount for it to respawn bosses instantly.

Does anyone actually know a way to selectively effect triggers in game? Or to change variable values in game? Because I don't see any possible way this could be done other than that. As I said before, I've ruled out chat messages completely.

Level 1
Quick Question

Hmmm, I wonder if this would be possible through memory editing? If you could somehow change the value of monsterPoints permanently to lets say 1 or 0, then you would have an autospawn cheat. I'm not sure if thats workable though.

Level 3
well when i said based on real time i ment in unit revival there was a trigger like
Event: Unit died
Conditions: Triggering unit owned by player 12 brown
Actions: Wait (well ur right i think its wait for they're real value)
Wait "TriggeringUnitValue" seconds (IN REAL TIME)
Respawn Triggering unit on "TriggeringUnitSpawnSpot"

You ever seen what happends if some creeps die and have to revive in like 10-15 seconds and someone clicks pause? after pause is done all those revive timers expire and they all revive at once right after pause is off

Immagine some haxx which would tell wc3 that every second game is paused for 999 seconds and instantly unpaused?

Level 1
Hmmm

You do have a point there. If I can find a pause hack of some kind, I'll give it a try. What I've been trying is to make my own custom version of the map by replacing the .j file. However, when I replace the .j file and attempt to host the map, it won't host it at all. I simply get an error: "The game was not found."

Any solutions to this? I've attempted to replace the .j file using MPQMaster, with a single line replaced. After replacing the file, I use the Compress(flush) option to get it back into a usable filesize.

Level 2
well man there is not a cheat for auto revive there is only one way to revive heros instanly and i promise that i know how to do that shit, and not all the game monsters get auto revive only heros do.well all u have to do is change this number to ? then host it on battle.net lol and every stupid person will say hey i saw a guy who rivive instanly lol.well i know how to alterate that map so easy but there is only one thing that i dont know how to do.wen i add 2 new models the models r not there they r like shadow shit but the game is still playable everything works perfectly ,well i havent seen y the new shit u add get dark its kinda boring cuz there r many scripts lines.so if u tell me how to add these 2 models i have, i'll tell u how to revive instanly lol.well i have 1 version conpletely translate into english.

Status
Not open for further replies.