• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Dark Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 139377

D

Deleted member 139377

Well, just to start this off.

This map will be open to the community to modify, I know this will make some people stray away from wanting to help me on it, but, whats the harm in not protecting it? As long as people know the original maker, it wont do any harm for an eager beginner map maker to request an unprotected copy of the map.

I don't plan on just releasing it unprotected, but, regardless, if I can help make it a small community of open mini mods, then I am totally fine with other people tinkering around with the work that has been done.

---

On topic.

Since I don't want to go off telling people about the map, without letting people know to little... I am just going to give a few basic details, and the basic story line.

The map utilizes a very unique building system, based on 3 things.

Resources(two types, main, and minor, each supporting different types of buildings.)
Area type(Certain regions, will allow for construction of certain buildings and units, meaning that there are areas of recruitment.)
Building type(There are two basic main buildings, the Town hall type civic structures, that allow the construction of public building units, Castles, which will come in over 20 varieties, each with a special unit, and separated as to where they can be constructed by areas, and the units they recruit can construct many types of barracks, and fortification type structures.)

The map has more or less, a very common battle system, none of that specialty bull crap, the basic battle systems have always worked, do work, and still work straight out of warcraft 3, though the unit skills, will affect the battle systems greatly(Autocast skills such as block, which will make the unit reflect 98% of damage 40% of the time for 3 seconds on some units.)

This map will have a huge varity of units, skills and structures.

Now, on topic as to what I need.

I need-
Someone to do basic through advanced triggers, mostly just leaderboards and whatnot.

Someone to help me with the buildings system.
For the buildings system, I need.
A person willing to help me make the system as fluid as possible, and who is willing to devote a little to sit down, and update me on the things I have assigned them to do, and vice versa.

A person with ideas for the units we will be recruiting.

Someone to help me, and anyone else who will help with the actual making of the special, and basic units, which for the humans alone, is well over 50 units, and the Tagrinmon is around 20 or 30.

Because of the huge variety in units, the player will be encouraged to use a bit of trial and error in their building, and recruitment style... etc...

Story Line~

Long ago, in the land of Prosperity and Peace, a great terror came to the ounce proud empire of Emeril, the plague killed many hundreds of thousands of the kingdoms people... after 10 years of death, disorder and fear, groups of towns and cities allied together, to seal themselves from the world while the plague ravaged all those they had sealed out.

In order to get rid of the plague in their own lands, they had to do horrible things, killing all those who had the plague, and their families, this time of peril, called for such a measure. When the virus was gone in their own lands, they waited out the storm, unaware of what was to away them, when looking into the lands they ounce freely resided in, the land of Peace and Prosperity, had been brought to a bloody end, and now, 6 centuries after they had locked themselves away, in fear that the virus would return, a new enemy was there to destroy what was left of humanity on the Island continent the fight to survive against the Tagrinmon horde, had begun.

---

If you are interested, then please contact me via Ingame/Private message, and via my hotmail address.

[email protected]

[RAINBOW]Project Status[/RAINBOW]

Terrain: 50%
Doodads: 0%
Basics: 100%
Triggers: 0%
Units: Still in the mapping stage, but the basic units have been created.
Buildings: In the mapping stage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.