• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Enchanted Book

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
These books have been enchanted by necromancers, witches and evil wizards, to fight for their bidding.

Please give credits if used :D

I'm back! :)

update 1: Added, Morph, Morph Alternate, Stand Alternate Animations. I figured I would also make for light forces, so I made this one a Dark Enchanted Book, added a ribbon and shaded it to add to its dark effect.

Please comment about the animations, and try it in-game, because i think they are stiff or something, because i'm weak in animating :(.

Because of its death animation i suggest not to change the height of the unit.

Keywords:
Book, Enchanted, Jasper, Bisnar, Libro, Necromancy, Necromancer, Possessed, Demon, Devil, Scary, Horror, Notes
Contents

Dark Enchanted Book (Model)

Reviews
12:38, 30th Mar 2013 Deolrin: While the idea is interesting, the model is not very well made. The mesh is terrible and the texture is far too low resolution. It could use some additional details. The animations are not too fluid, either, and you may...

M

12:38, 30th Mar 2013
Deolrin: While the idea is interesting, the model is not very well made. The mesh is terrible and the texture is far too low resolution. It could use some additional details. The animations are not too fluid, either, and you may want to include a "Morph" and "Stand Alternate" animation where the book is motionless.

16:33, 5th Jun 2013
Deolrin: The animations are still not fluid enough, and some are wrong. For one, "Morph" is a looping animation(it shouldn't be), and the model sinks into the ground during "Death" and the alternate animations.
Also, the mesh and textures are still pretty bad. There's no teamcolor, either, which might be a problem.

Level 9
This could be useful for a pedestal. (Like editing the Book with Pedestal model and removing the book, and putting this awesome model down there.) Anyways, 5/5. Pretty useful. +Rep to you good sir.

You asked for comments on animations so I'll give some:

Right now all of the animations look very stiff. This is because you are missing something. Variations. When I mean variations, I dont mean stand -1, stand -2, attack 2 or such.

Let me elaborate on this point. If you look at the animations, you will notice they are very repititive. Lets take the 'Stand' as example, you see, it just moves up and down with the same x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis. It makes the model to have robotic characteristics.

So what you can do? For stand animation, perhaps you can add a little difference in motion when going up and down. Example: AT frame 1500, the book goes to z-axis by 15 point. AT 2000, the book goes to z-axis by another 5 points. So by these 2 frames, you can see the book goes up with decreasing acceleration, making it look more natural, less mechanical. After that, you can make the book flaps just a little, just to show there are signs of life/being controlled.

What I stated are just mere examples, use your imaginations to applicate it. I usually refer to warcraft 3 models when it comes to animation.

Just a tip, NEVER animate all parts of model at the same frame. It looks very unnatural. You will notice this on larger scale models.

Level 9
I suggest you make some add-ons at the book. Like a big runic thingy at the cover. And it doesn't look Dark to me. How about naming it to Enchated Book instead?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Interesting... But if you were to use the "magical tome" model as the base for the book, I think that might be a lot more interesting/useful/cool. That actually looks like a big, magical book (though you've had to animate it to be open & stuff).