• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Deeds Redux (In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Edit (Progress Update [August 14]): I apologize because I haven't been working on the map much lately. So I'm not sure when it will be released. Though it is almost complete. Sorry about that but I'll continue to try to finish this.

Dark Deeds Redux:

Background info - Based on "weevilman"'s Dark Deeds from Warcraft 3 is "Dark Deeds Redux" for SC2!

Originally I was going to remake it for Warcraft 3 (before SC2 came out) but I've been working on an SC2 version. I'm working on the map.

Due to the lack of unit models (in terms of their resemblance to WC3 models like Farms for example), I had to improvise (so no custom models for now).

Currently it's about *90% done.

Progress:
*Nearly all the Evils are completed or nearly completed (Werewolf, Dracula, etc) in terms of abilities and skills which unit models I decided to use.

*Tech tree is finished (for what's been completed that is).

*Plants/Crops are finished (fortunately there are a variety of plants models in SC2).

*Triggers are mostly done

*Heroes and hero abilities

What needs to be done:

*Minions - Currently most minions have not been worked on yet.

*Computer - Computes will be worked on (note - They'll cheat a bit >.>.). Computers will be worked on more after public release to reduce the need for "cheating". Note the computers will be really simple upon public release but I will definitely work on computers to make them better.

*Finishing up everything that isn't finished (evils for example are "mostly" finished but not completely.)

Additionally I want to work on extra stuff that wasn't in the original Dark Deeds before releasing).

Last edited:
Level 6
I see :( - Though I'm working on it as sort of a hobby (That is I always wanted to remake Dark Deeds - thread in 2008).

I'll still try to finish my map as planned since it's close to being finished and it's something I always wanted to do (Dark Deeds was one of my favorite WC3 maps).

(Note - I didn't know about the other Dark Deeds before making my map :(. I started a little bit back in December 2010 before really working on it again just recently.)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Someone beat you to it though. There's a playable fully working fully featured Dark Deeds map available already.
No there is not. That is only on America.

Anyway, hope you do not forget to port the neutral palidin hero that helped the heroes out from Dark Deeds 6 (the last offical version).

I hated how Dark Deeds 7 was a rip from Dark Deeds 5 in WC3 which was used for most of the "newer" fake Dark Deeds versions.

Level 1
Please do this. I have played the SC2 Dark Deeds and I can tell you, it is pretty terrible. Everyone gets a giant army in like, 2 nights, and then it just becomes a massive smash fest for the next 3 hours. Although, I could be wrong, as I only played it once I hated it so much (even though the WC3 version was one of my all-time favorite maps).

Status
Not open for further replies.