• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Damage Trigger ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Hi everyone ^^
well, i made a trigger for my td, which attacks every unit in the range 600 from my triggering tower.
The problem is, the attack doesn't do the 250 damage, as the trigger is supposed to do, but wayyy more.
I also can't use the trigger "set life of (picked unit) to [value]", because if i use that one and the unit gets killed by the trigger, i don't receive bounty for killing the unit. And if i make a trigger, which manually adds the bounty if a unit gets killed, that trigger doesn't refer to my "set life of (picked unit) to [value]" trigger.

Tyring to do damage by using an ability failed also because the attack/trigger should only damage certain units and i can't classify them in the objekt editor.

Help me pleeeeease :)

Level 14
I'm sure there is a variaty of ways you can do this(sorry, but I really can't think of a good one now), but I have an idea. If you are making a classic tower defense(one mob type per level) you can add the following triggers to your level trigger:

Code:
Action - Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type TOWER) and do (Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a SHOOTTOWER using The old unit's relative life and mana)

You can add this to the begining of every level where there are mobs this tower can shoot, and then at the end just do this:

Code:
Action - Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type SHOOTTOWER) and do (Unit - Replace (Picked unit) with a TOWER using The old unit's relative life and mana)

Make sure that TOWER is just a tower-like building with no damage and SHOOTTOWER has the same model and does damage. Remember that you will need to add this for every player there is in the map. If I think of a better way, I'll let you know.

Hope this helps,

Kafana

Level 28
yay then it's the same like with "unit - damage" - too much damage. I can't set the total damage to 250 this way.. if i do it like this, some units (1000hp) die at the first strike but not as they should be supposed to at the fourth althought i set the damage type to "Chaos" and attack type to "general" ("Allgemein" in german, dunno how to translate o,,O)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.