• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage in a line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do i make an attack damage creatures in a line like shockwave? Ive seen it in other tds, but cant figure out how its done. Id allso like to know how to set minimum range on a unit.

Level 3
Artillery line doesnt make a difference, it still works as a normal splash attack, doing splash at the target. I got another question tho, how do i get the exact time for when a missile hits a target. Cant find a "unit takes damage by unit" condition or something like that.

Level 3
I was asking for the exact time when the missile hits the target.. Not for when it is targeted..

Level 3
Can i add an ability to the attack then so it gives some spell damage. And get it to work with that event?

Level 3
Ive come up with an idea, creating a unit (invisible, untagetable etc) moving from the tower to the attacked unit with the same speed as the projektile. Every unit within a certain area of it takes damage and is then added to a unit group. Units in the group is not damaged. When the unit is at the end it is removed and all the units are removed from the unit group to.

How to i make a unit without a model then? or is there a model that has no model (is invisible)?

Level 13
As far as I know there's no invisible model. Simply do it the way I do: give it the model of a rat (simply a very small model) and change the units scaling value to 0.01 or so, then you have to use a scope to see it :wink:

and make it a flying unit (-> don't leave footprints)with no collision (so it doesn't get stucked with the other units)

Level 7
better: use the tree of lif e upgrade model (u find it in spell modells, it's the first i think). this model has no walk and no stand animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.