• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Damage blocking from Damage Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
Hello everyone. I have a problem when using Damage Engine by Bribe: (I have just learnt to use it and need to learn more :D)
I create an ability that create a shield on the target. If the target is attacked (either by spell or normal attack), he wont receive damage. However, when the target is full hp, the damage block doesnt work. I dont know why that happen. Can anyone help me plz?
Also, check my old thread to see my other problem, it has many views but no one tell me how to solve it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/animation-when-casting-spell-226500/:ogre_frown:

Level 12
Oh man. Can I check if the unit is full hp, heal it after the damage is done, if it isnt, heal it before the damage is done?

is this what you're looking for ?

• (Percentage life of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 100.00
put that into the DamageModifierEvent, i think it might work.

and if you want to heal them after the damage is done.

• Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing (-1.00 x DamageEventAmount) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I know the condition. I just want to check if I can do what I have said: Full hp = heal after damage, not full hp = heal before damage.

Level 12
I know the condition. I just want to check if I can do what I have said: Full hp = heal after damage, not full hp = heal before damage.

why not try it ?

• set Damage
    • Events
      • Game - DamageModifierEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of DamageEventTarget) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Percentage life of DamageEventTarget) Greater than or equal to 100.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Trigger - Turn on On Damage <gen>
        • Else - Actions
          • Set DamageEventAmount = 0.00
  • On Damage
    • Events
      • Game - DamageEvent becomes Equal to 1.00
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of DamageEventTarget) Equal to Footman
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Cause DamageEventSource to damage DamageEventTarget, dealing (-1.00 x DamageEventAmount) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.