• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DalaRan Rural

- Dalaran Rural (DR) -

General Info:

Players: 1v1
Size: 108 x 84
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

4 Goldmines
2 Shops
2 Market
2 Labs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:

8 Green
14 Orange
2 Red
Previews
Contents

DalaRan Rural (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Pretty solid map. It looks very warcraf-ish. The layout is unspectacular, but that's not ncessariy a downside . Items and creeps are overall balanced (for exceptions see below). Trees are perfect too, only a kotg needs to be careful to not have his...
Level 22
One thing you should change are the ramps at the labs/shops. It's not really clear where the border between the two cliff levels goes through since you've somewhat made it flat. Imo you should either make the ramps more pronounced with the raise/lower tool or draw some terrain there to show it.
(Or you can also remove the ramps and have the shops and labs at cliff level 2)

Ramps are something that heavily influences gameplay with vision and miss chance so you should be always cautious when you use them.
Other than that, it's a solid map.

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Pretty solid map. It looks very warcraf-ish.
The layout is unspectacular, but that's not ncessariy a downside . Items and creeps are overall balanced (for exceptions see below). Trees are perfect too, only a kotg needs to be careful to not have his treants be stuck.
However I share @Knechts concerns about the ramps. They really could lead to confusion, and even though the ramps in wc3 are not really "pretty" by any means, they at least get the job done of telling players exactly where they. Since players are used to it, I would put gameplay first and make the ramps less smooth.

About the creeps: Overall there are a lot of bandits and wizards. Some more variation would make the map more interesting.
About the items: A lvl 2 + lvl 1 powerup from the kobold spot really doesnt feel rewarding at all. Probably better to go for a lvl 2 permanent (+ possibly and additional lvl 1 powerup) instead.

Nevertheless, none of these are real bugs and as said before, balance is good. Map approved.

Level 12
Thank you for the feedback. For the ramps I try to make a visual cliff effect for the middle without having too steep climbs. it may be a bad solution for the gameplay. I will try to think about doing otherwise.

I listened to you and I changed the object to 2 perm on the kobolt camp

Last edited:
Level 7
I checked the water area on the boundaries and you can drop units there from zeppelin. It also works with the blink Warden. If this is intentional, i find it cute though. There is also a bit portion of a buildable terrain outside the water (for cocky players like me :xxd: ).
Map is pretty well done. Very polish also balanced. Slightly big for 1v1 but I like it. In my opinion, markets are great on corners of the map, but maybe health fountains could be a better choice, since the map is bigger than usual. Gold mine distances are just perfect.🕑