• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
MAP INFO:
This is Dalaran before it was destroyed. There are three human bases inside Dalaran, which are the defenders kind of like you face in the Undead campaign in Reign of Chaos. This is the first map that I actually tried on and I know that it is not the best but I think it is still pretty good for someone who doesn't do a lot of editing. I created this map to kind of go with a campaign but I am not that good at creating campaigns at all so I decided to post it and let anyone who wants it to use it.
FEATURES:
This is an open to customization kind of map. There are already 3 human bases inside the city that need an AI, and other bases could be added to the bottom of the map on the other side of the river. I may upload the map again with an enemy base or something along those lines.
CREDITS:
Sonjaygupta
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Feel free to give good or bad feedback. I am good with criticism, I know I am not the best map maker or know a lot of the features in WE and perhaps tell me some things that I could have used or can use in the future. I did just join so try not to give me too much strife over what I have done, it would be much appreciated. Also sorry about no screenshots but when I take them they don't save because the screenshots folder is missing.

Keywords:
dalaran, city, cityscape
Contents

Dalaran (Map)

Reviews
06:13, 18th Mar 2014 Hell_Master: Fix your descriptions. Either use Map Description Generator (requires java) or Map Description Templates. Set to Awaiting Update. [EDIT]

M

06:13, 18th Mar 2014
Hell_Master: Fix your descriptions. Either use Map Description Generator (requires java) or Map Description Templates. Set to Awaiting Update.

[EDIT]
eubz;2505505 said:

Map Review

What's with this map? I see no victory/defeat conditions; So, what should be the gameplay without these? The terrain is flat with those randomly placed tile variations. Units are pre-placed.

As I could see, this map looks like still in the process of development.

Please, read the rules before submitting/uploading any maps. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

Go here to develop your map and get some feedback from other users.

This map is just like those maps which are submitted in a hurry.

This should be rejected.

Level 2
I would add screenshots but I am unable to access them when I take them. I have went through every folder and file on my computer but can find where they saved. If you know where they save please tell me and I will put them on future uploads.

Level 2
I take them in game with the print button but then after I take the screenshots I don't know where to find them. What paint button are you talking about? Sorry if I sound stupid but I don't usually take screenshots before I joined.

Level 25
All screenshots taken in Warcraft III are moved here:
5.PNG

And just as they are taken with the Print Screen key, if you open up Paint.Exe after pressing the Print Screen Key, select the marker tool and then press CTRL + V, your image will show up in paint.

6.png

Do the following steps to take screen shots of the game if you don't have any image editor installed in your computer:
Note: I am supposing you are using any windows os.

1. While you are playing warcraft 3, press Print Screen
2. Press the windows logo (show desk top).
3. Open Microsoft Office Publisher and press Ctrl + V. Now, the screen shot will be printed/copied in the publisher.
4. Right-click the image and save it anywhere you like. You are done>>> GOOD LUCK.

Map Review

What's with this map? I see no victory/defeat conditions; So, what should be the gameplay without these? The terrain is flat with those randomly placed tile variations. Units are pre-placed.

As I could see, this map looks like still in the process of development.

Please, read the rules before submitting/uploading any maps. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/rules-information-710/map-submission-rules-228244/

Go here to develop your map and get some feedback from other users.

This map is just like those maps which are submitted in a hurry.

This should be rejected.

Last edited: