• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hauteur de Dalaran/Dalaran Height DH

- Hauteur de Dalaran / Dalaran Heigh (DH) -

Description:
The big sister of my solo map. Return to the lands of Dalaran

Dalaran Rural

General Info:

Players: 2v2
Size: 116 x 112
Created for "Melee"

Neutral Buildings:

6 Goldmines
2 Shops
2 Market
4 Labs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:

12 Green
18 Orange
2 Red
Previews
Contents

Hauteur de Dalaran/Dalaran Height DH (Map)

Reviews
mafe
So, another decent map. This time I'll restart my review with the gameplay, because for once, I have more to say about the visuals. Regarding gameplay: 1. No complaints about creeps and items, and general layout is fine too. There could be more...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
So, another decent map. This time I'll restart my review with the gameplay, because for once, I have more to say about the visuals.
Regarding gameplay:
1. No complaints about creeps and items, and general layout is fine too. There could be more variation in creepspots though. Atm it's a fairly standard map with no real outstanding features.
2. The laboratory in the northwest is significantly more convenient for AoW-creeping, as there is no unbuildable terrain and the trees are freely accessible, unlike in the other locations.
3. Getting lvl 2 in the corner areas seems very safe, which could make rush tactics unattractive.
4. The expansions are once again nearly dead-end areas.

Now about the visuals:
5. Generally the map looks good and "blizzard-like". But there are several details that trigger me:
6. In the centre, almost all the ramp-cliff-transitions are bugged (and some tiles are unpathable, but not in places where it matters).
7. It's not really that easy to recognize that there are ramps at all.
8. The cliffs/water areas on the outer parts are very pretty. But you seem to have forgotten about those in the north/northwest.
9. Flowers and brushes in main base/expansion areas: They will stay even if undeads build there. Then you have flowers growing on blight. That just looks weird to me.

What does this all mean? Most of this is personal preference which doesnt really matter, except issue 2. But this is also relatively minor. Therefore map approved.