• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Dalaran Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Well this was supposed to have a tower in it, but since I couldn't put any doodads too close to the camera, it came out all funny. So here is just the forest.

Attachments

• dalaranforest.jpg
    dalaranforest.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
Level 8
It looks nice but lacks excitement. Like: "Hey there's a forest, but who gives a shit" if you catch my drift.
That fern is way too big also.

Try adding something like a boat on the river, and try breaking the monotone feeling of the forest with either other tree models or... well anything.

Level 34
You definitely need something else in there.

Edit: Just noticed that the fog starts abruptly. Looks bad. Make the fade into fog better.

Last edited:
Level 6
Good job! It looks like something off WoW. My only complaint is the lack of height variation. It needs maybe one or two trees poking out of the rest and also some more color variation in it, like some trees being darker or lighter. Pretty much make it more varied and it would look a lot better.

Level 34
Yes, Gilles noticed an important thing: The fog.

Well, I can't belive you have patience enought to make a terrain like that!

Good work.
It really does not take that long to place a ton of trees. Go look at Corexx's robot. That took about 16 hours. I bet MadseN takes a ton of time on his as well. He doesn't make those masterpieces overnight.

Level 36
You definitely need something else in there.

Edit: Just noticed that the fog starts abruptly. Looks bad. Make the fade into fog better.

It's not the fog starting abruptly. If you look, the doodads get smaller after that point. It's a hill. If you notice in the far background on the left, there is another layer, too. I think it adds effect, and makes the terrain less boring :p

Level 34
I get it. I disagree though. I think it looks worse. Maybe you could add a tiny bit of glow to that area to make the fog less thick.

Status
Not open for further replies.