• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Dalaran Defense(Not final title)

Type: Defense / Offense map
Players: 3 Attackers 3-4 Defenders (starting).
Can I help?: A terrain creator would be excellent, other ideas and suggestions are welcome.

This project was inspired by Siege of Quel'Thalas map that's based on the Warcraft 3:RoC campaign.

The basic outline is that Arthas and Kel'thuzad together with their undead forces are attacking Dalaran to aquire the book of Medivh in order to summon the legion. Dalaran is the capital of magic. Elves, humans, gnomes and even dwarves dwell there in their arcane mysteries and they won't give up their homes and research without a fight.

So far I've only got the general concept and I'll fill out as I come up with more. The idea is a offense / defense map with one side defending and the other attacking. The magical aura will be there, probably stolen right from the campaign if I cannot come up with improvements myself.

Other then the shield and perhaps another magic trick or three this map will be different from normal offense / defense maps in the way that when the undead slay heroes they will gain them, just like in Siege of Quel'thalas. Example: Arthas and his forces kills an Archmage (Bob). Bob then switches side and return as an undead version controlled by the same player, aligience has switched however. (It is possible that undoing this by defenders might come up later, or adding ability for Bob to return to his original buddies.)

I've considered using the campaign map as an outline or so but I'm not to found of the terrain. And truth be told, I'm not very imaginative when it comes to terrain so if any terrainer would like to try their luck, I'd be delighted to hear from them.

Comments? Thoughts?

Level 3
Seems like a good idea. Do you think you wil be able to finish it in the end?

Maybe when heroes are killed as undead they will die permanently. And will there be lots of custom units? Or just standard units? Just ask if there is something and maybe i can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.