1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Daily Wisdom

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rufus, Apr 11, 2017.

1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  2. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work'' - Thomas Edison

''The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones'' - Confucious

''Life does not occur in compartments. Whatever impacts you personally will leak into your professional life, and vice versa'' - Marlene Chism

''Life is not about how fast you run or how high you climb, but how well you bounce'' - Vivian Komori

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve either one'' - Benjamin Franklin

''Monsters don't sleep under your bed, they sleep inside your head'' - Author unknown

''Laziness means more work in the long run'' - C.S. Lewis

''Many of life's problems come from 2 things: we act without thinking or we keep thinking without acting'' - Zig Ziglar

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  6. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean'' - Bob Dylan

''Life is like a confused teacher... first she gives the test and then teaches the lesson'' - Aubrey Graham ( Drake )

''When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground'' - African Proverb

''Forgiveness is the final form of love'' - Reinhold Niebuhr

7. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  8. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Love is blind; friendship tries not to notice'' - Otto von Bismarck

''If you’re going to do something tonight that you’ll be sorry for tomorrow morning, sleep late'' - Henny Youngman

''Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please'' - Mark Twain

''All generalizations are false, including this one'' - Mark Twain

''You’ll never be as lazy as whoever named the fireplace'' - Author unknown

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

“I did not care for the things that most people care about– making money, having a comfortable home, high military or civil rank, and all the other activities, political appointments, secret societies, party organizations, which go on in our city . . . I set myself to do you– each one of you, individually and in private– what I hold to be the greatest possible service. I tried to persuade each one of you to concern himself less with what he has than with what he is, so as to render himself as excellent and as rational as possible.”
    ~Socrates.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Life doesn’t imitate art, it imitates bad television" - Woody Allen

"The more you know, the sadder you get" - Stephen Colbert

"People who criticize you have usually never achieved anywhere near what you have. Most of them would be too scared to even try" - Ricky Gervais

"Your need for acceptance can make you invisible in this world" - Jim Carrey

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness'' - Author unknown

''The best apology is changed behavior'' - Author unknown

''The worst kind of sad is not being able to explain why'' - Author unknown

''Having depression is being in an abusive relationship with yourself'' - Emily Dotterer

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

“And therefore if the head and the body are to be well, you must begin by curing the soul; that is the first and essential thing. And the care of the soul, my dear youth, has to be effected by the use of certain charms, and these charms are fair words; and by them temperance is implanted in the soul, and where temperance comes and stays, there health is speedily imparted, not only to the head, but to the whole body.”

~Socrates.

14. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Nobody deserves your tears, but whoever deserves them will not make you cry'' - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

''Never let your fear decide your fate'' - Author unknown

''Hard times don’t create heroes. It is during the hard times when the ‘hero’ within us is revealed'' - Bob Riley

''You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you'' - Dan Millman

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  16. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    “God takes away the minds of poets, and uses them as his ministers, as he also uses diviners and holy prophets, in order that we who hear them may know them to be speaking not of themselves who utter these priceless words in a state of unconsciousness, but that God himself is the speaker, and that through them he is conversing with us. ”
    ----
    “Do not trouble about those who practice philosophy, whether they are good or bad; but examine the thing itself well and carefully. And if philosophy appears a bad thing to you, turn every man from it, not only your sons; but if it appears to you such as I think it to be, take courage, pursue it, and practice it, as the saying is, 'both you and your house.”
    ----
    “For the poet is a light and winged and holy thing, and there is no invention in him until he has been inspired and is out of his senses, and the mind is no longer in him: when he has not attained to this state, he is powerless and is unable to utter his oracles.”
    ----
    “One day, the old wise Socrates walks down the streets, when all of the sudden a man runs up to him "Socrates I have to tell you something about your friend who..."
    "Hold up" Socrates interrupts him "About the story you're about to tell me, did you put it trough the three sieves?"
    "Three sieves?" The man asks "What three sieves?"
    "Let's try it" Socrates says.
    "The first sieve is the one of truth, did you examine what you were about to tell me if it is true?" Socrates asks.
    "Well no, I just overheard it" The man says.
    "Ah, well then you have used the second sieve, the sieve of good?" Socrates asks "Is it something good what you're about to tell me?"
    "Ehm no, on the contrary" the man answers.
    "Hmmm" The wise man says "Let's use the third sieve then, is it necessary to tell me what you're so exited about?"
    "No not necessary" the man says.
    "Well" Socrates says with a smile "If the story you're about to tell me isn't true, good or necessary, just forget it and don't bother me with it.”
    ----
    “…money and honour have no attraction for them; good men do not wish to be openly demanding payment for governing and so to get the name of hirelings, nor by secretly helping themselves out of the public revenues to get the name of thieves. And not being ambitious they do not care about honour. Wherefore necessity must be laid upon them, and they must be induced to serve from the fear of punishment. And this, as I imagine, is the reason why the forwardness to take office, instead of waiting to be compelled, has been deemed dishonourable. Now the worst part of the punishment is that he who refuses to rule is liable to be ruled by one who is worse than himself. And the fear of this, as I conceive, induces the good to take office, not because they would, but because they cannot help — not under the idea that they are going to have any benefit or enjoyment themselves, but as a necessity, and because they are not able to commit the task of ruling to any one who is better than themselves, or indeed as good. For there is reason to think that if a city were composed entirely of good men, then to avoid office would be as much an object of contention as to obtain office is at present…”

~Socrates.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better'' - Maya Angelou

''Too often, feeling intimidated becomes our excuse not to be awesome'' - Scott Stratten

''Someone who is worthy of your love will never put you in a situation where you feel you must sacrifice your dignity, your integrity, or your self-worth to be with them'' - Author unknown

''Admit when you're wrong. Shut up when you're right'' - John Gottman

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  19. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    ''The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be'' - Ralph Waldo Emerson

''Don’t spend time beating on a wall, hoping to transform it into a door'' - Coco Chanel

''You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and by falling over'' - Richard Branson

''Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them'' - Ann Landers

20. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: