• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D3W Website Needs An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I was browsing the Diablo III WarCraft website and noticed some spelling and grammar mistakes as well as false information. These mistakes were found in the About and FAQ pages.

In the About page, you spelled Triggers as "Trigger's" (Trigger's = Trigger Is / Triggers = More than one trigger; plural), you spelled Diablo III with a lower-case D and WarCraft III with a lower-case W, in the top paragraph you spell WarCraft III in two different ways (warcraft 3 & Warcraft III), "A unit skinner & texturer" should be "Texture Artist", and "Forum Helper" should be "Forum Moderator."

In the FAQ page, you forget to capitalize the B in "Blizzard", you also forget to use proper punctuation (such as "Blizzards" should be "Blizzard's"), inaccurate information is provided (forget to mention that Monk is included, you list that it's in early stages and not released yet, apparently it is in BETA stage), forget to capitalize "World Editor" sometimes, and forget to capitalize the N in Battle.Net.

In the Contact page, you forget to capitalize the H and W in Hive Workshop.

That's all textual mistakes I could find. Not trying to be a pain in the ass, just pointing out these issues before you add onto it and let it go by unnoticed. :smile:

Also, you should post more news on the homepage probably. Not really required, but hey!
Hope this helped.

and forget to capitalize the N in Battle.Net.

Capture16.PNG

Level 17
Epic! :p
Now people argue about if its spelled .net or .Net, haha :D

I will tell cloudwolf about this on MSN if he doesnt respond soon.
He usually do those fast updates when i tell him too, like, the news said "Screenshits" before. It really made my day xD

And damn, you really notice the smallest things. But you dont mention things like it says that the map is open source, when it isnt! etc :p

"Texture Artist", and "Forum Helper" should be "Forum Moderator."
I told him about the Texture Artist long before the site were made, but i called it "2D Art". :p And for "Forum Helper", by the time we made that list, we didnt have our own forum here, so i was just pretty much replying to people in the map replys, thats why.
The list isnt really up-to-date! :p

I made this list long ago:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/diablo-iii-warcraft-606/d3w-team-129362/
Tell me if you find any issues in that one please :p

Level 25
Sounds good. :smile:

When I type, I'm big on spelling and grammar. Though I know my grammar can suck from time to time, I do try to correct it. Usually all of my corrections are done while I'm making the post. I'll read over parts of it a couple times and sometimes even ask friends if they can find any errors. Then I make my post and it turns out being a seamless post. Mozilla Firefox saves my ass millions of types with spelling errors, so it's definitely a browser of choice for me to use because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.