• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

D3W nearly THW's most downloaded map!

Would you join in a D3W party on bnet?

• Hell Yes! :)

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • Hell No! :P

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Diablo III Warcraft (Download) is very nearly THW's most downloaded map ever! We've got 2000 downloads to catch up on so we should reach that target before December if we're lucky :)

I think we should all do something to celebrate when we finally reach the top! We could organise another D3W party on bnet?

What say you?? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
The map started production in 11/28/08 and was first released in early January 2009. In a such a short period of time it has become the second most downloaded and the fastest downloaded map ever to appear on Hiveworkshop. However even though it's not realistic to achieve more than 2000 downloads before the 28th I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But as always, I'll be the joining b.net parties^^

Level 17
The map started production in 11/28/08 and was first released in early January 2009. In a such a short period of time it has become the second most downloaded and the fastest downloaded map ever to appear on Hiveworkshop. However even though it's not realistic to achieve more than 2000 downloads before the 28th I'll keep my fingers crossed.

But as always, I'll be the joining b.net parties^^

We have 10 days more to go until its time..
I know it seems impossible to reach the top in this short period but yeah, like you said, lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for a miracle to come :D

Im joining the party, if i can! I dont wanna miss out again :<

Level 30
We have 10 days more to go until its time..
I know it seems impossible to reach the top in this short period but yeah, like you said, lets keep our fingers crossed and wait for a miracle to come :D

I reckon it quite possible :)

Our monthly download count currently stands at 7560 downloads.

To get our average daily download count we can just divide that number for 31:

7560 / 31 = 243 (rounded up)

So if we're getting 243 download a day, that means in 10 days we will have 2430 more downloads than we do now :) So we should just make it to the top in time for our years anniversary :D And that's also taking the current top maps monthly download count :)

Level 17
I reckon it quite possible :)

Our monthly download count currently stands at 7560 downloads.

To get our average daily download count we can just divide that number for 31:

7560 / 31 = 243 (rounded up)

So if we're getting 243 download a day, that means in 10 days we will have 2430 more downloads than we do now :) So we should just make it to the top in time for our years anniversary :D

Also keep in mind that the download count reaches the top for every release we do, so that will affect the download count as it was a while since we uploaded the new map now.

Level 30
Its only been a few days since the release of v1.19 :) I'd expect our monthly average to keep increasing until 31 days have passed since its released :D

I mean, about 5 days ago the monthly download count stood at 5000. Its grown by 2000 in less than a week so we may well reach an all time record of over 10,000 downloads in one month :)

Level 19
Its only been a few days since the release of v1.19 :) I'd expect our monthly average to keep increasing until 31 days have passed since its released :D

I mean, about 5 days ago the monthly download count stood at 5000. Its grown by 2000 in less than a week so we may well reach an all time record of over 10,000 downloads in one month :)

If you want more downloads then post a update message in the Diablo 3 forum thread that the map has been updated. :D

Level 17

The majority of downloads is still when the map is released.
It may continue increasing fast, but not as fast as when it does on release day.
So well, we could reach it in time, and i really hope we do.
And i guess its time for me to actually tell people in school that im one in the team lol. I always pretend that i didnt hear anything when they talk about it.
That may increase download rate ;)

If you want more downloads then post a update message in the Diablo 3 forum thread that the map has been updated. :D

My brain just did a break-through!
Lets tell the people on the d3 forums about the fix update. That may make people redownload the map aswell, and we dont lie in any way, and we better do that becouse people may not be able to battle the last boss otherwise becouse of the bug!

Level 30
The majority of downloads is still when the map is released.
It may continue increasing fast, but not as fast as when it does on release day.
So well, we could reach it in time, and i really hope we do.
And i guess its time for me to actually tell people in school that im one in the team lol. I always pretend that i didnt hear anything when they talk about it.
That may increase download rate ;)

lol! you mean your friends talk about the map, and you just sit their quietly and laugh to yourself? :D

I think you should start wearing a flashing banner on your forehead which reads

"I r helping in D3W"

Level 17
lol! you mean your friends talk about the map, and you just sit their quietly and laugh to yourself? :D

I think you should start wearing a flashing banner on your forehead which reads

"I r helping in D3W"

Yepp, i usually keep quiet about such things. I have told people about the map, but they have no idea at all that im involved in any ways.

And insted of weapon that flashing banner, i could just wear a t-shirt saying "I AM LTGH@hiveworkshop ZOMG O.O!" lolz xD
I dont think anyone in the school have even started to think about the fact that my character names in almost all MMORPGs is "LTGH", and im sure they know about LTGH becouse they did talk about the inventory i made when it first came out :O

BTW, make an anouncement about all this (that we are reaching top downloaded map, one years in progress etc things..) on diablo3warcraft.com and udmod! It is yours sites afterall! :p

Level 30
Yepp, i usually keep quiet about such things. I have told people about the map, but they have no idea at all that im involved in any ways.

And insted of weapon that flashing banner, i could just wear a t-shirt saying "I AM LTGH@hiveworkshop ZOMG O.O!" lolz xD
I dont think anyone in the school have even started to think about the fact that my character names in almost all MMORPGs is "LTGH", and im sure they know about LTGH becouse they did talk about the inventory i made when it first came out :O

So they know of LTGH, but they don't know that your him? lol :)

I'll admit, most of my friends only found out I was making it because they stumbled into my room at uni one day and caught me testing it :p Otherwise, they still wouldn't know :)

I've also noticed that udmod.com has taken off in the last few weeks :) We're getting quite a few posts each day. It's doing far better than I first anticipated :O

Level 17

I'll admit, most of my friends only found out I was making it because they stumbled into my room at uni one day and caught me testing it :p Otherwise, they still wouldn't know :)

I've also noticed that udmod.com has taken off in the last few weeks :) We're getting quite a few posts each day. It's doing far better than I first anticipated :O

Heh, they havent caught me yet ;-)
I better tell them before they find out, otherwise it would turn out weirdo, lol.

And yeah, udmod is going better and better, but there is also alot off-topic going on everywhere. :p

Level 19

_Seriously? I'll go there now. Remember to post on Battle.net forum.

Level 17
People know my nickname (redmarine) from other places than the D3W project lol.

Kinda lame actually... T_T

Well, i use this name everywhere, but no one have actually been thinking of the fact that i could be the LTGH that is working on d3w i guess.

Anyway, i THINK we are getting a bit off-topic x)
And ya, i find it lame that everyone know me as LTGH (on the internet) becouse i hate that name, thats the reason to why i changed to CloudMax.

Level 3
Nice, Wastes time but nice! too bad I don't have a CD-Key to play Battle.Net :(

Level 13
I'll try to join your Bnet parties as often as i can ;P

BTW , as Redmarine already knows , i am going to start my practice work on videos and guess what , I've chosen D3W as a test subject since i can use video sequences by Blizzard and counter them with D3W's sequences :p
So expect a christmass gift from me ;)

Level 19

BTW , as Redmarine already knows , i am going to start my practice work on videos and guess what , I've chosen D3W as a test subject since i can use video sequences by Blizzard and counter them with D3W's sequences :p

Sounds awesome! :p

Good luck on the project.

Level 4

I'd like to see it when it's done.

Level 2
Cloudwolf,

My Battle.Net Account:
Warcraft III/Frozen Throne Account: alpus_dota_KOR (USEast/Azeroth)/(Europe/Northrend)
Starcraft/Starcraft Brood War/Diablo II/Diablo II Lord Of Destruction Account: alpus_dota_KOR = (Europe/Northrend) alpusdotaKOR-3 = (USEast/Azeroth)

Games I Got It In Online Purchase:
Diablo II BattleChest
Warcraft III BattleChest
Starcraft BattleChest
Counter Strike Source

I will join Diablo III Warcraft Party

Status
Not open for further replies.