1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

D.S.K.'s

Submitted by Deep Sea Kraken
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Pandaren Singer/Poet who travels telling stories of heroid deeds.

In case of any confusion: his weapon is a lute, and the purple object under his arm is a bagpipe.

Credit to: Lord_T and Werewulf for helping with the model

Give credit if you use. Do not modiy without permission.

Keywords:
panda, bard, royal, leader, lord, king,
Contents

D.S.K.'s (Model)

D.S.K.'s (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: (Not yet approved) [1-2-2008] - Place 'close' the UV-mapping on the front of this lovely model. - Better hat ! Looks to basic and unedited. - Better guitar, e-guitar just doesn't fit a cool bard. [IGNORED] January 19th,...
  1. General Frank:

(Not yet approved) [1-2-2008]

- Place 'close' the UV-mapping on the front of this lovely model.
    - Better hat ! Looks to basic and unedited.
    - Better guitar, e-guitar just doesn't fit a cool bard.

[IGNORED]
    January 19th, 2008
    This model is ignored for the following reasons:
    -This model has a bug that makes it currently unplayable. This has an empty geoset that crashes maps!
    PM another moderator or me if you have further questions or resolve the issue.
    --donut3.5--

2. EmBeR_NaGa

EmBeR_NaGa

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol? A guitar? Ah well nice model I might need this. 7/10.

3. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Nice........................
    HA! TAKE THAT MESSAGE LENGTH REQUIREMENT!

4. What you don't know

What you don't know

Resources:
    Resources:
    Everything is nice... except for the guitar. :p It just doesn't fit, IMO.

5. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The only other thing than a guitar I could think of was a giant flute, and that'd look really strange IMO.

And some bands smash their guitars after they perform >D

6. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Personally I think is almost truly awesome. Only things I see that make it not as good or downright lame:
    1. Why a bagpipe!? Could just try to make him hold the Guitar like you are suppose to and make a 2 handed swing when attacking.
    2. The Siege Engine skin style does not fit that guitar, try a more rock style (Red and white is classic or blue and white)
    3. Not a problem but only a suggestion, make an animation to have him playing the Guitar, would make it a good model to have a duet with the Rocking Arthas model!
    Overall score in my opinion: 6/10 (Won't rate until you give a yes or no to the suggestions so incase you do change I can rate better)

7. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can model you a lute if you want.

8. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @1) Bagpipes are the greatest musical instrument known to man
    @2) I'm going to change it to be more of the old fashioned round guitar, then I will see about a skin from there
    @3) I would like to do that, but I dont know how to animate ><

9. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j202/werewulf15/Misc/lelute.jpg
    pm if you want it.

10. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    he doesnt seem to be wearing bard like armour and you can easily remove the helm. Bard would prefer to puffy clothes, or brown and green leather not gold armour, to my ideal bard would associate with brown and green, not brown in red which would associate more with a warrior in my eyes. He still looks like a brewmaster, and thats the issue you have to fix, turn a brewmaster into a bardmaster. The issue here that is hard is that bard are often assiciated with english stuff and this would be oriental to the panderan, i dont know what a japanese bard looks like but...you get the idea of my thoughts.

tl;dr : He needs to look more like a bard, but in a sense where it will come to balance with a oriental panda being a bard.

if you need a hat that would suit more you can ask me, but there are 2 types of hats im thinking of that would suit a bard so if you choose to do so send a pic.

11. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    **update** changed his weapon to a lute, changed his hat texture. I know his portrait is messed up, I have to remake it ><

Bards don't really wear armor at all, he is wearing decorative clothing. I hunted around on google, but I couldn't find anything about oriental bards.

12. Terradream

Terradream

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not bad, nice idea but could do with some improvements in my oppinion.
    1) Keep in mind the Pandaren are Asian so bagpipes seem a little OOC (Out of Character) personally.
    2) The lute's neck could be longer and it's missing a headstock. Also, try making the body curcular and the neck long and thin to make it look a little more Oriental.
    3) The armour could be a little darker I think.
    Maybe I'm just being picky though and I've not made any models (yet) so I guess it's not my place to judge. It ain't a bad model though.

:confused:

13. Deep Sea Kraken

Deep Sea Kraken

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I could use geoset animations to make his clothing look darker if you think that would help.

I can look around and see if I can think of anything better to use than the bagepipe, but Im not very experienced with oriental musical instruments.

14. Duke

Duke

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    erm hi, i've got great problem with this model, always when i try to add it to unit/hero world editor go down...what to do pls?