• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

D&D 5e Warcraft Setting Homebrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey! So recently I've been getting into D&D 5e (finally I found a group to play with during lunch at work) and I wanted to do a Warcraft setting. I've been adapting the rules found in Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game to 5e, and I need some feedback. If you're a player of 5e D&D, give it a look and let me know what you think! Mostly I'm wondering about balance. Is anything over/underpowered or redundant?

Warcraft Resources for D&D 5e.pdf

Level 5
I am going to read a bit since I played a bit dnd 3.5 and I know how to recognize stuff that is op in 3.5(but stuff that is normal in 3.5 is op for 5e)
I disagree about bards not having a place in warcraft lore.
Orcs for example have people so good at playing drums it increase allies damage.(in warcraft 3)
Blizzard even spoke once of adding bard in wow.

Last edited:
Level 12
You mean you disagree?
I'm just going off of what the Warcraft Roleplaying Game manual says, and I agree with them. The drumbeat is pretty much the only thing that indicates anything magical about music, and it's mostly nonmagical—it's more like an inspiring beat they can march to war with.
The bard class for WoW was an April Fools' joke parodying Guitar Hero.

Thanks for taking a look!

Level 5
I now can not stop from thinking about making a warcraft 3 like class for 5e.
With 3 archetypes: dex int and str based.
It would get slas 1 time per short rest(with metamagics when the hero reach high level) and higher level slas 1 time per long rest(and the choice of getting a passive instead of a sla).
But I do not know if it would work fine in 5e framework.

Level 12
Some can cast actual spells at will a certain number of times per day, others just have abilities. 5th edition is so simplified. I love it. You should download the free basic rules PDFs and see how it works.

But yeah, several classes have abilities that regenerate once per long rest or short rest. You're definitely on the right track.

Status
Not open for further replies.