• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cyclone/Tornado Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there a way to remove the invulnerable status from units that are tossed in the air from cyclone or tornado? I tried picking the units that have the buff and used the action unit - make vulnerable but it doesn't work...

Level 13
Cyclone is worse, because it hides the target and makes it invulnerable. Tornado only makes it invulnerable. For both spells, you have to remove their buffs in order to render a target vulnerable again. Your only choice would be remaking the spell.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Cyclone is worse, because it hides the target and makes it invulnerable. Tornado only makes it invulnerable. For both spells, you have to remove their buffs in order to render a target vulnerable again. Your only choice would be remaking the spell.
Does it actually "hide" (in the same or similar sense to, say, the Kodo Beast's Devour ability)?

I've been thinking about tinkering with Cyclone, since it's uniquely a disable that cannot itself be disabled; Hex & Polymorph & such allow the unit to be targeted.

Level 7
There is a Boolean option in Gameplay Constants that you can set to true or false for Cyclone to hide or not units so basicly it's the same as Tornado.
Kyrbi0 to your question i think that units hidden by Cyclone are considered pretty much hidden like the trigger function Unit - Hide, while Devoured units count as being loaded into a transport. Also in the Cyclone spell fields there is boolean if the cyclone buff can be dispelled or not.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
There is a Boolean option in Gameplay Constants that you can set to true or false for Cyclone to hide or not units so basicly it's the same as Tornado.
Kyrbi0 to your question i think that units hidden by Cyclone are considered pretty much hidden like the trigger function Unit - Hide, while Devoured units count as being loaded into a transport. Also in the Cyclone spell fields there is boolean if the cyclone buff can be dispelled or not.
Hm, thanks.
Makes sense, although through testing I've found that the game considers the "transport" nature of Devour to indeed be 'hiding'. So that might be true of all transportation.

Level 13
That is good to know, but both are still useless for what you are trying to achieve.
i think that units hidden by Cyclone are considered pretty much hidden like the trigger function Unit - Hide, while Devoured units count as being loaded into a transport.
Both hide units.

Status
Not open for further replies.