• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Cyclone Infinite loop when casted on self

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys, i'm using the spell Cyclone and i've set the Data - Can Be Dispelled to FALSE.
So basically the targeted unit will not be visible on the map ( it can't be selected or damaged or anything).
The problem is when the caster targets himself. After the cyclone duration expires the caster will recast the Cyclone spell on himself again in an infinite loop.

Is there a way to solve that?

Maybe it is possible using triggers to interrupt the order? If it is not a hero ability you could try removing it with triggers.
It's a hero ability and i'm not good with triggers (I'm not noob but it's like i have the fear of germs phobia when it comes to creating triggers. I fear lags and leaks. I want everything to be perfect because not to be a bad guy here but i've seen lazy map moderators, thank god one of them is no longer here, reject good maps which people spent thousands of hours working on because they simply found a leak in the script yet i've seen some crappy maps with a footman as a hero and no decoration or quest or anything get approved. I wanted to speak my mind about this for a long time yet i always fear that when i speak my mind i'll be in deep trouble. :/)

I though of 2 things: Either make the caster lose all of his mana when he casts the spell on himself so he won't be able to recast it cause he'll have no mana to do that ( maybe convert his mana points to life points and set his mana points to 0 but if he can regenerate mana fast that's a problem)
Or make the cooldown time longer than the effect of Cyclone.

What do you think guys?

Level 22
Interrupting orders or removing it with triggers most likely won't leak nor lag, though.
Also, leaks are necessary to be reduced as much as possible when it comes to map-making, that's why it is important but despite that fact, some triggers in form of GUI leak because of most BJs. As far as I know, that is. Do correct me if I'm wrong. So you don't have worry that much if it doesn't have a really big impact on your map.

Or make the cooldown time longer than the effect of Cyclone.
I prefer this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.