• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cyclone hit box trigger issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
  • Cyclone hit box
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Ability being cast) Equal to Cyclone Main Ability (Item)
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Human
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to (All players) the text: yes
          • Unit - Create 1 Human for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) at (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        • Else - Actions
This trigger is designed so that when a unit is 'Cycloned' I create a unit in it's place. The "Yes" message runs, but no 'Human' unit is created in it's place. Do you think this is because when Cycloned the unit's location is lost and therefore the newly made unit has no location/owner to be made?

Level 39
Yeah it probably has to do with the ‘cyclone hides targets’ flag you talked about in your other thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘target unit of ability being cast’ is null entirely or that the location returned when getting it is null. Try printing the xy coordinates of that point or doing something to the player like printing their player number or giving them victory just to see what’s actually being returned.

I still think you should just trigger your own Cyclone so it functions exactly how you want it to.

Level 12
Yeah it probably has to do with the ‘cyclone hides targets’ flag you talked about in your other thread. I wouldn’t be surprised if ‘target unit of ability being cast’ is null entirely or that the location returned when getting it is null. Try printing the xy coordinates of that point or doing something to the player like printing their player number or giving them victory just to see what’s actually being returned.

I still think you should just trigger your own Cyclone so it functions exactly how you want it to.
If I make my own, should I have a dummy ability and have another unit be created to cyclone the target unit? Or would you do it some other way?

Status
Not open for further replies.