• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Cyclone trigger issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have cyclone hides unit turned on in gameplay constants. It's required for the game.

I need to have it so when the unit is cycloned, if another unit takes it's place. The original unit when it comes down either pushes the unit out below or doesn't allow it in the first place.

My first attempt was creating a dummy unit that is created in place of the cycloned unit on cast.

But we're having issues with the timing of removing the dummy unit before the main cycloned unit comes down.

Cyclone lasts for 5 seconds on units. I have a generic timer that removes the unit after 4.90 seconds. Yet in game we had one game where the dummy unit was still in the game when the cycloned unit came down. So I assume the cyclone timer is not accurate, or our timer to remove the unit wasn't accurate.

Any idea what my solution would be for this? Thanks.

Level 39
Why is it necessary that cyclone hides units for your map? Cyclone just stuns a unit and makes it invulnerable for a duration; is there a reason you can't replicate this functionality by using storm bolt and adding/removing the invulnerable ability?

Just giving the dummy an expiration timer should be accurate. Timers should be accurate as well. It's my suspicion that the unit targeted by cyclone was either a hero or had resistant skin; either would cause the cyclone to have a shorter duration than 5 seconds when cast on that unit.

Level 12
Why is it necessary that cyclone hides units for your map? Cyclone just stuns a unit and makes it invulnerable for a duration; is there a reason you can't replicate this functionality by using storm bolt and adding/removing the invulnerable ability?

Just giving the dummy an expiration timer should be accurate. Timers should be accurate as well. It's my suspicion that the unit targeted by cyclone was either a hero or had resistant skin; either would cause the cyclone to have a shorter duration than 5 seconds when cast on that unit.

If the unit doesn't dissapear the hit box stays for all units. We have certain blink items in the game that you would cyclone a unit and blink through the unit while cycloned. Can't do that if hit box is turned on by default.

And it wasn't a hero was a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.